Livingston - all the threads merged

Erskine out for the season, had a groin op. Reckon that'll be him done at Livi

Also heard Livi still owe 700k to Rankine which explains his involvement at the club...

Sell Dykes for a million and Rankie is gone forever? Seems like a fair swap.

Two questions 

1. Why would Rankin have any involvement in the club as a creditor? Do any of the other creditors have an involvement; I doubt it.

2. The latest unabridged accounts show the clubs is in a relatively positive position. Certainly there are no declared debts of the amount described for either the latest accounts for Livingston 5; Opcco6; or Livingston Football Club Limited. Where did this debt of £700k come from and why isn't it declared?

Or is it yet more pony?

19 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Erskine out for the season, had a groin op. Reckon that'll be him done at Livi

Also heard Livi still owe 700k to Rankine which explains his involvement at the club...

That's a shame. He was doing a job coming off the bench. I hope Erskine can find a new club once he heals

Edited by spiggle

25 minutes ago, spiggle said:

That's a shame. He was doing a job coming off the bench. I hope Erskine can find a new club once he heals

His fitness seemed to have improved immeasurably - seemed to cause Raith real problems when he came on after a long break.

2 hours ago, Afro said:

Sell Dykes for a million and Rankie is gone forever? Seems like a fair swap.

Even better, sell him for 2M and leave us with some in the bank for emergencies. From what other strikers are being rated in the Premiership Dykes should be worth at least that amount. We don't seem desperate for dosh so hopefully we value him sensibly and hold out for the right price. We sold Fernandez for 1M about 17 years ago, which puts perspective on what Dykes must be worth.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

Two questions 

1. Why would Rankin have any involvement in the club as a creditor? Do any of the other creditors have an involvement; I doubt it.

2. The latest unabridged accounts show the clubs is in a relatively positive position. Certainly there are no declared debts of the amount described for either the latest accounts for Livingston 5; Opcco6; or Livingston Football Club Limited. Where did this debt of £700k come from and why isn't it declared?

Or is it yet more pony?

From what I gather it's historical loans etc.. All came from John Ward's twitter, I'll quote a few things below:

(On the removal of Ewing and Hogarth): "I voted for Neil and Brian"

(On Rankine and Beurskens) "Neil Rankine is owed 700k by the club. Like or loathe him it is by his grace the club is still there. Gordon (Beurskens) has taken up the legal issues the council create when the stadium house was sold. I was dealing with it before I left." "All utilities for the site have been getting billed to the club. The council made huge errors. The club were powering the stadium via generators at a cost of ten grand a month. Gordon found a path through that stopped the owners of the stadium house from bullying us." 

If John has control of the club via Opcco6 why/how has he been outvoted to remove Hogarth and Ewing? Hogarth tweeted cryptically "As I've found out to my cost, the people who fire the bullets aren't even capable of loading the gun". 

That 700k debt is there, but where 'there' is exactly is really confusing. Livingston 5 were ousted as majority shareholder by Opcco6 who now own 51-80% of the club but at least one of their directors was outvoted and one even removed from the club (John Ward, Robert Wilson and Brian Ewing are Oppco6's three directors). 

There were long-term creditors of around £1m in the latest account to June 2018. I imagine that most of this will be to Neil Rankine.

image.png.641080d6b9e54389e938a949de49c4b2.png

The hope would be that in the accounts to June 2019, this number will have decreased.

Agree with John Ward's comments re Rankine hanging around. 

Oppco6 control 50-75% of the club as per companies house. Is there presumably a 2/3 / 75% threshold for being voted onto the board? Someone on the Trust would presumably be able to confirm this given they are minority shareholders.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Bartley could probably be missing from the rangers game anyway after the ankle knock he received last night. 

Him making it to halftime gives me hope that it's not too bad. We lost a lot of our structure and cohesion when he went off. Genuinely think he's our most important player this season.

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I couldn't find Bartley on the last two suspensions lists so both players may be in the clear.

Ooh, where does this live, please?

It was heartening to see Bartley make it to halftime but I find it hard to see how he could go from that hobble to fit in 2.5 days (at his age)? Looking forward to us giving it a right good go on Saturday.

Also, last season we were all crying out for a 15 goal man; what are the odds we get two at once? :D

44 minutes ago, crispy said:

Ooh, where does this live, please?

It was heartening to see Bartley make it to halftime but I find it hard to see how he could go from that hobble to fit in 2.5 days (at his age)? Looking forward to us giving it a right good go on Saturday.

Also, last season we were all crying out for a 15 goal man; what are the odds we get two at once? :D

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/player-suspensions/

I hate my job so decided to pull together some descriptives for home vs. away records. If anyone can make sense of it let alone spot a trend then let me know, please :D Also, if there are any additional numbers worth including then i'm all ears. Btw, I got near the end of this then realised there might be a +/-1 difference in H vs A game played but f*ck it. Season ending injuries etc. are beyond the scope of this table 😛

Position is based on unevenness of H vs A points. Higher or Lower than rank is essentially are this club in a higher or lower position in the league than their avg home attendances would predict (as if that predicts anything!) and evenness doesn't mean a lot when you win most games like the OF do.

Headline: Most teams have a better home record than away record; St. Mirren, Livi, Killie, and County have it most skewed in favour of home.

HATable.JPG

PS. I blame the pitch.

PPS. I'll post this on the Plastic Pitches to go thread.

Edited by crispy

On 16/02/2020 at 08:30, TheLad said:

Up to the club to do more to get more support in.
Engagement with all local community clubs, schools, etc.

Yea, with smart moves like you describe it should improve.

Massive game on Saturday in Edinburgh. I think we'd all be agreement that a shoot out against our rivals for a top 6 place is a position we'd have loved to be in. If we could get 6-7 points from our remaining games before the split then I think that might be enough. Thoughts?

image.png.918bd9e57b89ecbb3c643d8dd7880e21.png

image.png.781e93bc808b46ddb0b2bc2b36f35e5a.png

Edited by crispy