Livingston - all the threads merged

4 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

Just hope Sevco dont come sniffing around for Dykes now that Defoe is crocked. Heard they were interested not long ago.Cant wait till the deadline is closed tommorow night.

Middlesbrough also interested and ready to 'swoop' in for him, along with Jones from Sevco. 

The Riverside outfit have been in the market for a target man with the likes of Sam Cosgrove and Lawrence Shankland linked with moves.

However, Dykes appears to be the latest player in the cycle. Dykes is the cheapest option among the trio and Boro are considering a late swoop for the forward.

If we sell him and don't get him back on loan it'll end any chance we had of finishing above Aberdeen in 4th place, and a possible European spot, hoping the club have the ambition to see that. 

Also far from certain we'd finish in the top 6 without Dykes, which would be a big loss of income in prize money, plus the bigger away crowds it would get us.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

27 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

So was Clum's, it's only as done a deal as the integrity of the player signing it makes it. Or the club for that matter if he picks up an injury before signing a proper contract with us. Was it a PCA Dykes was on last season or did we properly sign him up and then give him back to QotS on loan?

We signed him and loaned him back.

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Middlesbrough also interested and ready to 'swoop' in for him, along with Jones from Sevco. 

If we sell him and don't get him back on loan it'll end any chance we had of finishing above Aberdeen in 4th place, and a possible European spot, hoping the club have the ambition to see that. 

Also far from certain we'd finish in the top 6 without Dykes, which would be a big loss of income in prize money, plus the bigger away crowds it would get us.

He's on a decent length of contract so there's no hurry to sell him.

9 minutes ago, orco said:

He's on a decent length of contract so there's no hurry to sell him.

Hope so, just makes me nervous with how stupid we've been in the past with talented players we've had, not getting the best deal we could for them. Albeit we had right fuckwits/crooks as owners back then.

We really shouldn't be selling him half way through a great season that has potential to get us a top 6 spot, and even a European place. At the very least we should be doing what QotS did, and getting  him back for the rest of the season on loan. Like you said Orco, we've got him on a lengthy contract so no need to panic and sell him to the first bidder.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

6 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Scott Tiffoney away on loan to Ayr. Wonder if it's anything related to us trying to get Forrest in early. 

Decent. He clearly has potential but has a severe lack of game time. Hopefully Ayr's not too high a level for him. 

1 minute ago, thruthenight said:

Decent. He clearly has potential but has a severe lack of game time. Hopefully Ayr's not too high a level for him. 

If it is then there's little hope for him playing at a level above that with us. He was at Morton on loan in the Championship before coming to Livi proper too wasn't he?

If it is then there's little hope for him playing at a level above that with us. He was at Morton on loan in the Championship before coming to Livi proper too wasn't he?
He was contracted to Morton we signed him and loaned him back to Morton for the season.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

So we’ll be in pole position to sign him if you don’t offer him terms?

I don’t think this is a sweetener for Forrest either. I’d imagine it’ll be the summer before he joins you lot.

Crawford and Devlin convinced him to go on loan to Ayr.

"Both Nicky and Rab spoke very highly of the club. "They advised me to come here and said I would enjoy my football and get a lot out of the loan spell.

The 21-year-old said: "Ayr are a team who create lots of chances so I'll be looking to get among the goals.

"Hopefully I can help them to the play-offs and then the aim is to go back to Livingston and get myself established in the Premiership."

Best of luck to him, and Ayr. 

11 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

what happened with his brother?

Exhibit A - https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/footballer-sues-club-over-his-dream-deal-nightmare/

Exhibit B - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/alloa-footballer-who-filmed-romp-3947385

The second story happened after Ayr but he was subject to constant abuse from our fans whenever he played us and I think Scott got a fair share of stick last season from Ayr fans when folk realised they were related. 

Just what I didn't want to see on deadline day:

Rangers could make a deadline day move for Livingston striker Lyndon Dykes if they fail to land Albania striker Florian Kamberi on loan from Hibernian. (Scottish Sun, print edition)

I'd like to tell them to GTF but the reality is, with our average home gate, we are a selling  club at this level and wouldn't be able to reject a decent offer even though it would potentially mean sacrificing out top six aspirations and the increased finances that would bring.

Pretty much, for any other position, we have a potential replacement but no one near Dykes' quality.

What's the rush? He's on an extended contract. He could go to Rangers and disappear like the raft of players they took from other SPL teams in the summer and now being punted after half a season.

If he believes in his own ability he'd be better advised to stay with Livi at least till the end of the season putting himself in the shop window for a decent move then in a way that probably would not happen at Rangers.

These tabloid rumours ruined my evening when I read them last night. I think any hope we have of achieving 4th really hinges on Dykes remaining until the end of the season. Agree that he could sink like a stone if he goes now but also would understand him going, if the club allowed permission, since he's come in to the game late and at 24 might want to start making tracks. He has been quoted as saying he wants to move to a 'better league and bigger team' so he'd only get one of those things going to Rangers, The Europa League.

26 minutes ago, crispy said:

These tabloid rumours ruined my evening when I read them last night. I think any hope we have of achieving 4th really hinges on Dykes remaining until the end of the season. Agree that he could sink like a stone if he goes now but also would understand him going, if the club allowed permission, since he's come in to the game late and at 24 might want to start making tracks. He has been quoted as saying he wants to move to a 'better league and bigger team' so he'd only get one of those things going to Rangers, The Europa League.

Of course there's also good evidence that newspaper speak can easily unsettle a player so that they go off form until things quieten down. And lets remind ourselves it is "The Sun" I'm talking about.

35 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Of course there's also good evidence that newspaper speak can easily unsettle a player so that they go off form until things quieten down. And lets remind ourselves it is "The Sun" I'm talking about.

Would be tragic if he was to leave us.As you you say D.our hopes of a top six finish would go with him.Imo would be a massive mistake from the club and would undermine any ambition we have to move forward possitivly. He will go eventualy just hope its not now as we are doing so well.As always though money talks unfortunatly. 🦁