Livingston - all the threads merged

I think the fact he can play either side helps, he's actually a CB/RB but has looked better than Lamie at LB. Ideal utility player covering injuries, if everyone is fit then I think Jack would be on the bench, but we've def needed him as either a tactical change coming on as a sub, or to cover injuries.

On 21/01/2020 at 23:19, Cptn Hooch said:
On 21/01/2020 at 22:51, Lichtie78 said:
David Martindale in our away end tonight. Presumably looking at Tam O’Brien.

28 year old unproven defender? Don't think we'd be looking at him....could be wrong

Dundee United were interested in him, McCall at jags also rates him, wouldn’t surprise me if you were looking at o brien. Probably other clubs watching him too

17 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:
On 21/01/2020 at 00:26, itzdrk said:
What's happening with Sibbs? 

Signed a new 2 year deal

That's the proper mad world of football, on his way out to the Championship, injury for a teammate, in and does well, keeps place, gets new contract.  

16 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:

Good news. Sibbs has been brilliant lately. Still think he's better as an attacking mid but certainly comfortable in the sitting role as well.

I feel the opposite, he's too slow going forward. No pace at all and struggles as an AM but in the sitting holding role he seems to really excel for me

8 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I feel the opposite, he's too slow going forward. No pace at all and struggles as an AM but in the sitting holding role he seems to really excel for me

Sorry but his strength is either on the left wing or hovering around the edge of the opposition penalty area; that's where his real strength is.

For defensive/holding midfield I'd have Jacobs ahead of him every time.

Until the St Johnstone game I was actually thinking of trying Sibbald ahead of Pittman.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Sorry but his strength is either on the left wing or hovering around the edge of the opposition penalty area; that's where his real strength is.

For defensive/holding midfield I'd have Jacobs ahead of him every time.

Until the St Johnstone game I was actually thinking of trying Sibbald ahead of Pittman.

When he was on the wing, he was mince. Not having that at all, he doesn't have the pace to play further up the park

40 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

When he was on the wing, he was mince. Not having that at all, he doesn't have the pace to play further up the park

He did very well in that position against Hibs at Easter road. You're right, he doesn't have a lot of pace but our game plan doesn't seem to rely on pace in the midfield. Lawless isn't the fastest but is excelling as an AM in our side this season. 

Seemed to have enough pace in consecutive games last season against St Johnstone when he was playing left of centre and scored in both games. His acceleration from a standing start isn't great but his stamina and speed once up there is fine in my book.

28 year old unproven defender? Don't think we'd be looking at him....could be wrong

Sorry forgot I’d posted. O’Brien could easily play bottom end premiership imo, a class act. Can’t think of anyone else from our team he’d have been looking at (just assuming since he was in our end he was looking at our players). Both Dundee clubs and St Johnstone been credited with interest, but he is contracted until 2021 and not sure if Livi would be interested in a bidding war.

Saw someone mention DJ, been on the bench for most of this season but I know I’m not alone in wanting him starting.

4 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Sorry forgot I’d posted. O’Brien could easily play bottom end premiership imo, a class act. Can’t think of anyone else from our team he’d have been looking at (just assuming since he was in our end he was looking at our players). Both Dundee clubs and St Johnstone been credited with interest, but he is contracted until 2021 and not sure if Livi would be interested in a bidding war.

Saw someone mention DJ, been on the bench for most of this season but I know I’m not alone in wanting him starting.

But we're top end Premiership don't you know.:cheers

Forgot to say, happy with Sibbs staying for another 2 seasons, think he has a lot to offer yet.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3rd top goalscorers in the league? 🥰

Can’t help but think back to the defeats to (in particular) Aberdeen but also Motherwell and wonder ‘what if?’. Not to mention squandering 4 (?) two goal leads? Good times to be a Livi fan!

Edited by crispy

Refereeing decisions in the Hearts & Hibs games prob done us out of 4 points too right enough, but everyone will have hard luck stories, St Johnstone felt robbed not getting a pen against us on Wed.

Our first 11 games last season would've been hard to replicate, we had a blistering start to the season, but comparing last season to this sees us on an upward trajectory in the next 11 games, and continuing that after the winter break.

First Eleven Games

Last season= 18 points
This season= 13 points

Second Eleven Games

Last Season=12 points
This Season=15 points

Third Eleven Games

Last Season=12 points
This Season= 3 points (after 1 game)

After the Split

Last Season=2 points
This Season=

The win today puts us a point ahead of this time last season, if we can keep this run going we'll smash last season's total of 44 points.

Tell you what, if we continue our excellent home form and beat Motherwell next week we'll likely only be 3 points behind Aberdeen, with them away to Sevco, then it's County away for us and St Johnstone at home for them. Should we dare to think we could go 4th in a fortnight's time if we continue our great form?

21 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Tell you what, if we continue our excellent home form and beat Motherwell next week we'll likely only be 3 points behind Aberdeen, with them away to Sevco, then it's County away for us and St Johnstone at home for them. Should we dare to think we could go 4th in a fortnight's time if we continue our great form?

Unfortunately, experience of supporting Livi, shows that that kind of thought process normally ends in tears.

Last season we were safe and then proceeded to get two points from our remaining five games.  Okay; there were a lot of team changes but it was still a case of foot well and truly off the pedal.