Livingston - all the threads merged

Don’t you think your going on a bit too much about McCall.  There has been no link anywhere with us and Forrest, it was Harvie that was mentioned 

Think you'll find Thistle were linked a few days ago. Scott Burns tweeted it.

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yep Utd and Livi were the two originally mentioned to be interested in signing him, then more recently Dundee and Thistle were mentioned.

Would think Utd would be favourites from that list, money wise and that they'll also be playing in the Premiership next season. Dundee would also have more dosh to offer than us but I doubt they'll be coming up through the play offs so we might have an edge over them, and Thistle. Holt has said he's spoken to him and the ball's in his court, will have to just wait and see what he decides.

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

That’s just a rumour though. It’s a fact that none of McCalls signings in January have come from Ayr and neither is the signing we are making this week yet at least half your posts on pie and bovril seem to be about Partick Thistle and McCall.

the one rumoured signing of Docherty has never been confirmed on the PTFC website anywhere and pretty sure you or someone else posted that PCAs are worthless anyway 

That’s just a rumour though. It’s a fact that none of McCalls signings in January have come from Ayr and neither is the signing we are making this week yet at least half your posts on pie and bovril seem to be about Partick Thistle and McCall.
the one rumoured signing of Docherty has never been confirmed on the PTFC website anywhere and pretty sure you or someone else posted that PCAs are worthless anyway 

Mark Kerr, Ian McCall and Ross Docherty have all confirmed that he has signed a PCA. It doesn’t need the validation of a club website and I’d imagine the only reason they haven’t formally announced it is because they are waiting to see if a deal could be done this month for him. And yes a couple Ayr fans (not me) discussed how binding PCAs are because McCall did the very same thing last season when Dundee United signed Liam Smith on one. He’s a tad hypocritical these days but hey ho.

The story linking you with Forrest is just as accurate as the story linking you with Harvie. You’ll have spoken to the both of them although it’s unlikely neither will leave this month. Whether they sign PCA with you or not, who knows? I’m not particularly bothered considering we’ve a ready made replacement for Harvie and Forrest has been poor most weeks for a while now.

And half my posts aren’t about Thistle or McCall. I’m sure on the desktop version of P&B you can view all my posts so feel free to do so. They can vary between educational and hilarious so I’d definitely recommend reading them.

Sorry Livi fans for derailing your thread a touch.

Away to Inverness in the next round of the cup. One one hand it's a team in a lower league, and we'll have a few games under our belt and hopefully back to our best.

On the other hand, it's a Scottish cup game, it's away from home and we'll be travelling up there twice in the space of a few days.

Don’t understand what villa are doing keeping so many keepers, surely we’ve tried to get sarkic back again and now had to look elsewhere another time? Would happily take McCrorie though he seems like a great young keeper with a lot of potential 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Are Livi in the market for a GK? Just got a message saying McCrorie is heading your way tomorrow. He's on loan until May with us so expect (seriously hope!) it's nonsense.

I thought it was a season long loan too, I'm guessing that qots would have to agree to any move to Livi.  Maybe another player in exchange..

I thought it was a season long loan too, I'm guessing that qots would have to agree to any move to Livi.  Maybe another player in exchange..
I just assumed the loanee club are the loaner club's bitches and the player does what the parent club says.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
18 minutes ago, bennett said:

I just assumed the loanee club are the loaner club's bitches and the player does what the parent club says.

Martin O'Neill tried to recall Joe Worall back to Forest last season and we told him to do one, I think the loan has to stand unless  both clubs agree. 

31 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

instant problem though is he wouldn't be able to play against Rangers.

Big problem for me. Do not like the thought of us switching keepers game to game unless it's down to injury or suspension, particularly as I don't rate Ross Stewart. 

Backline is now unsettled which is not ideal considering we have a good chance of picking up wins in the next few games.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Villa probably holding onto keepers to avoid a similar crisis.
Also suspect McCrorie would be cheaper for us than Sarkic, instant problem though is he wouldn't be able to play against Rangers.
They have at least 4 fit keepers as it stands including Sarkic....surely it would make sense to get him playing games