Livingston - all the threads merged

45 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That's literally in the rules to be fair. It's where the player touches the ball, not where he was when it was struck.

Not entirely correct. You cannot be in an offside position in your own half only your opponents half . You can be penalised if you have moved from an offside position into your own half to collect the ball. The game should be restarted with an indirect free kick at the point where the offence was deemed to have taken place, your opponents half.

45 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That's literally in the rules to be fair. It's where the player touches the ball, not where he was when it was struck.

Not entirely correct. You cannot be in an offside position in your own half only your opponents half . You can be penalised if you have moved from an offside position into your own half to collect the ball. The game should be restarted with an indirect free kick at the point where the offence was deemed to have taken place, your opponents half.

10 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Not sure you can be offside in your own half to be honest. 

8 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

You can't be in an offside position in your own half, that is certainly correct. However, if you start in an offside position in your opponent's half and then come back into your own half to collect the ball, that would be a free-kick. The offence does not occur until you touch the ball, and the free-kick should be given at the location where the offence occurred (ie the place where you touched the ball), which could be anywhere on the park.

http://www.theifab.com/laws/chapter/31/section/89/

Edited by craigkillie

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You can't be in an offside position in your own half, that is certainly correct. However, if you start in an offside position in your opponent's half and then come back into your own half to collect the ball, that would be a free-kick. The offence does not occur until you touch the ball, and the free-kick should be given at the location where the offence occurred (ie the place where you touched the ball), which could be anywhere on the park.

http://www.theifab.com/laws/chapter/31/section/89/

Wonder if players ever chase down an offside ball and leave their touch late to waste time/make the free kick as far away from goal as possible.

The winter break is fucking boring.

First time for everything, never seen that in a game I've watched, ball always gets placed back inside the opposition's own half to take an offside, even when you've come back from an offside position to get the ball (although it must be unusual for you to come from inside the opposition half where you're offside when the ball was played, and travel over 10 yards to get the ball after it was hit, so i'm thinking they just took it from the wrong place). Don't actually know where the ball was touched in this occasion, but the way it was accounted on the OS twitter feed I don't think it was taken where it should've been, as they also mentioned free kicks being taken 15 yards further forward than where the foul happened, so basically the opposition team were just putting the ball down wherever they got it and took a quick free kick.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Wonder if players ever chase down an offside ball and leave their touch late to waste time/make the free kick as far away from goal as possible.

The winter break is fucking boring.

I'll be watching out for this now, and shouting at the officials that it should be taken from where our player touched it, when the keeper takes it from where our player was standing when he was offside, bet everyone around me tells me i'm taking rubbish.😂 I still hear folk behind me exclaiming one of our attacking players is standing offside from a goal kick being taken by our keeper.🥴

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'll be watching out for this now, and shouting at the officials that it should be taken from where our player touched it, when the keeper takes it from where our player was standing when he was offside, bet everyone around me tells me i'm taking rubbish.😂 I still hear folk behind me exclaiming one of our attacking players is standing offside from a goal kick being taken by our keeper.🥴

Sorry off topic.But see Villa have just signed former Liverpool goalie Pepe Reina. Sarkic dropping further down the pecking order.Frustrating to say in the least.Would love to have him back here, unlikely though.Shame.

It seems absolutely bizarre that they have taken Sarkic back from us...unless they have another loan move lined up for him that they think would help further develop his skills. If that’s not the case then I’m completely mystified. Just out of interest - does anyone know how we got on in our first friendly in La Manga?

Edited by Binghams Buckteeth

35 minutes ago, Binghams Buckteeth said:

It seems absolutely bizarre that they have taken Sarkic back from us...unless they have another loan moved lined up for him that they think would help further develop his skills then I’m completely mystified. Just out of interest - does anyone know how we got on in our first friendly in La Manga?

2-0 down at HT, Robbo got a goal back in the 2nd half before Ajax made it 3-1. It's all on the Livi twitter page if you want a more in depth account. https://twitter.com/LiviFCOfficial?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^embeddedtimeline|twterm^profile%3ALiviFCOfficial&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Flivingstonfc.co.uk%2Fmatch%2Ffixtures-results%2F

15 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

but the way it was accounted on the OS twitter feed I don't think it was taken where it should've been

Tbf the guy running our Twitter is always a seething mess, imagine he's greeting while he types out some of the pish he writes during the game.

Edited by LiviLion

36 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Looks like we've got a trialist keeper on the bench today. 

Maley's the reserve keeper

We had three trialists out in Spain training with us and playing against Ajax. Brown then signed up until the end of the season leaving the midfielder and attacking winger I believe,

Unless of course Sarkic is back

Edited by Durnford

24 minutes ago, Durnford said:

We had three trialists out in Spain training with us and playing against Ajax. Brown then signed up until the end of the season leaving the midfielder and attacking winger I believe,

Trying to get a live Stream of this.Difficuilt.But 25 mins in still 0 0.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Trialists are a GK and a forward. GK is currently playing in America with DePaul University, his name is Brian Schwake. He's 19 so probably for the reserves (https://depaulbluedemons.com/sports/mens-soccer/roster/brian-schwake/1947).

Forward is Rodrigo Martins, plays with Cova de Piedade, he's 21 with a career record of 55 games and 6 goals (so could be a winger possibly but it's listed wrong). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodrigo_Martins)

Team sheet was leaked by one of the Belgians covering the game

47 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Trialists are a GK and a forward. GK is currently playing in America with DePaul University, his name is Brian Schwake. He's 19 so probably for the reserves (https://depaulbluedemons.com/sports/mens-soccer/roster/brian-schwake/1947).

Forward is Rodrigo Martins, plays with Cova de Piedade, he's 21 with a career record of 55 games and 6 goals (so could be a winger possibly but it's listed wrong). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodrigo_Martins)

Team sheet was leaked by one of the Belgians covering the game

From what ive heard.Main concern is keeping Dykes here.Dont know if wee can.This attacking midfeilders situation