Livingston - all the threads merged

19 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Any good? What're the chances of you guys letting him go?

Out of contract in the summer, he's Forrest at Celtic's wee brother. Think he's 23 and made about 150 appearances for Ayr. Probably a Sibbald level signing for us which would be top class

Seems to be highly rated and looks hee-yuge. 

Glad we got a replacement keeper in quickly. Training camp should give them a chance to determine whether he is better than Stewart. I really hope he is.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve turned down a bid of £10k from yourselves for Alan Forrest. There was no mention of any loan back either.

Someone we’ve spoken about on the podcast, would love to get him, heard rumours he was heading to Firhill to team up with McCall again. 

Out of interest what do u think it would take to get him this month? Money and a loan back, money plus a player, or is it just no gonna happen and Ayr have decided that they will keep him and are willing to lose him for nothing? 

Just now, andylivi1 said:

Someone we’ve spoken about on the podcast, would love to get him, heard rumours he was heading to Firhill to team up with McCall again. 

Out of interest what do u think it would take to get him this month? Money and a loan back, money plus a player, or is it just no gonna happen and Ayr have decided that they will keep him and are willing to lose him for nothing? 

Money and a loan back or a player (depending on who he is) would be enough I reckon. 

We've no chance of finishing top 4 without him so if it was just money it would need to be enough to make missing out worth it. 

Dundee United appear to be keen on getting him on a PCA so that's maybe why Holt is keen to get him tied up quicker. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Money and a loan back or a player (depending on who he is) would be enough I reckon. 

We've no chance of finishing top 4 without him so if it was just money it would need to be enough to make missing out worth it. 

Dundee United appear to be keen on getting him on a PCA so that's maybe why Holt is keen to get him tied up quicker. 

10-20k plus Erskine or 10k and loaned back for the season like the Dykes deal last season. 

Think we’d be pretty keen to get him in this month if we are to go for him but deal has to suit all parties, bigger clubs than us will no doubt be interested in him but reckon we’ve shown over the last few years that we are a good club to come to and progress further whilst playing. 

Edited by andylivi1

Just now, andylivi1 said:

10-20k plus Erskine or 10k and loaned back for the season like the Dykes deal last season. 

Think we’d be pretty keen to get him in this month if we are to go for him but deal has to suit all parties, bigger clubs than us will no doubt be interested in him but reckon we’ve shown over the last few years that we are a good club to come to and progress further whilst playing. 

I'd happily have the 10K and a loan back tbh. Holt was at Somerset a couple of weeks ago so I presume that's who he had his eye on plus it'll be a good move for him with his two best mates from his Ayr days already at the club. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I'd happily have the 10K and a loan back tbh. Holt was at Somerset a couple of weeks ago so I presume that's who he had his eye on plus it'll be a good move for him with his two best mates from his Ayr days already at the club. 

Hadn’t thought about this aspect tbh, Forrest is someone who’s excited us when talking about potential signings, fingers crossed we can get something sorted that will suit all concerned. 

2 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

You'd probably need to give us, more than you are offering, a loan back and a % sell on to get him now as we need him. We are losing him in the summer regardless and having him to finish higher up the league is worth more than you will be willing to pay. 

24 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

You'd probably need to give us, more than you are offering, a loan back and a % sell on to get him now as we need him. We are losing him in the summer regardless and having him to finish higher up the league is worth more than you will be willing to pay. 

I hope we manage to unsettle him and he wants away :D Anything above 30k is ridiculous given he's out of contract and if Ayr believe in him a % sell on fee will probably net them double that fee at least. You wouldn't get that % sell on losing him for free

I hope we manage to unsettle him and he wants away [emoji3] Anything above 30k is ridiculous given he's out of contract and if Ayr believe in him a % sell on fee will probably net them double that fee at least. You wouldn't get that % sell on losing him for free

That’s all very well and good but if we sell him now our season will quickly become a relegation battle. We won’t give him away this month without either a loan back, a decent player in return or an absolutely mental fee that you can’t afford.

23 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I hope we manage to unsettle him and he wants away :D Anything above 30k is ridiculous given he's out of contract and if Ayr believe in him a % sell on fee will probably net them double that fee at least. You wouldn't get that % sell on losing him for free

I’ve heard it all now. Getting unsettled at the prospect of moving to the mighty Livingston.

I think Championship is probably his level at this moment. Has shown flashes last season before injury and the beginning of this season but has been dug meat since Kerr took over. 

5 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’ve heard it all now. Getting unsettled at the prospect of moving to the mighty Livingston.

I think Championship is probably his level at this moment. Has shown flashes last season before injury and the beginning of this season but has been dug meat since Kerr took over. 

Dinny worry, like Utd did with Shankland, i'm sure we'd develop him into a decent player.

He's classified as an attacking midfielder isn't he?

Seems a bit strange as attacking midfielders are certainly one area we're not short off at the moment with Lawless; Robinson; Crawford; Sibbald; Tiffony; Erskine; Souda; Henderson plus others; not forgetting Menga and De Vita as well of course.

At 23 I imagine he'll be wanting a regular first team place; Sibbald is 23 in May an only just starting to get a regular start (although, to be fair, he has had more than his fair share of injuries).

If he does come to us (and we're able to afford the valuation) a loan back would probably be the best for all parties concerned. That being said, if Dundee United are really interested, their potential budget will far outstretch ours. 

1 hour ago, Chuck Blazer said:

Would a training compensation fee be due if he leaves at the end of his contract? 

Training compensation must be paid to a players training club when a player signs his first professional contract, and on each subsequent transfer until the end of the season of his 23rd birthday.

Take that to mean what you will but Forrest is already 23 years old.

12 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

That’s all very well and good but if we sell him now our season will quickly become a relegation battle. We won’t give him away this month without either a loan back, a decent player in return or an absolutely mental fee that you can’t afford.

Risk losing him for nothing in the summer plus fail to make the playoffs would be a disaster surely? I’m assuming keeping him you’re thinking the prize money for finishing higher up will cover any kind of fee lost? But what happens if they both happen? All ifs and buts of course and I think Ayr will finish in the top 4 anyway but someone said below he’s been rubbish since Kerr took over anyway so would he make that much of a difference? Just a thought.