Livingston - all the threads merged

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Would force Robinson in either offering him a new deal (in case he ends up with both his keepers leaving in the summer) or having to let him go now.

Carson's had a deal on the table since the summer but hasn't signed it (unsurprisingly as he's been 2nd choice behind Gillespie). I'd imagine it really depends on what Gillespie does as he's apparently had a deal offered to him that he's not signed. Again that's hardly a surprise as he's in the top bracket of 'keepers in the league.

If Gillespie decides to go I could see us offering Carson upgraded terms on what's already on offer. Equally, if Gillespie commits I doubt we'd stand in Carson's way if he got a reasonable offer he wanteed to pursue.

Edited by capt_oats

I reckon Tony Watt would be a good back up striker as well, seeing he's back in Scotland as of tomorrow (not sure if it's permanent) but seemed to be decent as a target man for St Johnstone 

He’s on a 3 year deal in Bulgaria, moved his wife and his over there and is playing regularly and seemingly loving it. He’s back for the winter break, not a chance he’s coming back to play.

That's Sarkic gone. Shame. I think it's a bad move for all parties, as while he's been good for us and has great potential, he's not even close to EPL quality. Limiting his game time between now and the end of the season isn't going to help him or Villa. 

27 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

Rumour in Stranraer today was you guys signing Max Currie from us with a young centre back coming our way on loan until the end of the season as part of the deal.

Young centre back? Unless it's a reserve player the only one I can think of would be Pepe. Don't know when he's due back from injury but it might be a move to get him back to fitness. Could possibly be Odoffin who is more of a right back. What is Max Currie like?

Edited by Cptn Hooch

8 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Young centre back? Unless it's a reserve player the only one I can think of would be Pepe. Don't know when he's due back from injury but it might be a move to get him back to fitness. Could possibly be Odoffin who is more of a right back. What is Max Currie like?

Never heard  of the boy Currie and Stranraer currently bottom of league one.Doesnt exactly enthuse me with confidence.No offence to the boy.

4 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I reckon Tony Watt would be a good back up striker as well, seeing he's back in Scotland as of tomorrow (not sure if it's permanent) but seemed to be decent as a target man for St Johnstone 

4 hours ago, Widge said:

He’s on a 3 year deal in Bulgaria, moved his wife and his over there and is playing regularly and seemingly loving it. He’s back for the winter break, not a chance he’s coming back to play.

We also couldn't get anywhere near the wages he wanted.

With Villa naming 2 keepers in their cup game and rumours going around that they are looking to sign Joe Hart it would seem Sarkic's playing opportunities might be non-existant. Wonder if we might be looking to get him back on loan for the second half of the season. Let's remember that Ryan Hardie was recalled by Rangers this time last year and returned albeit as a shadow of himself. Would like to see Sarkic back for the rest of the season and Carson signed on a pre-contract for the summer....would be very happy with that.

9 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

With Villa naming 2 keepers in their cup game and rumours going around that they are looking to sign Joe Hart it would seem Sarkic's playing opportunities might be non-existant. Wonder if we might be looking to get him back on loan for the second half of the season. Let's remember that Ryan Hardie was recalled by Rangers this time last year and returned albeit as a shadow of himself. Would like to see Sarkic back for the rest of the season and Carson signed on a pre-contract for the summer....would be very happy with that.

Would love to see him back but the nature of loan deals means you are always at the mercy of the parent clubs.Frustrating but thems the rules. Hopefully Gary has a plan B for this scenario as im not too confident in who we have left at the back. Waiting patiently to see what we do.

16 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Yep it's starting to look like Southwood and Accies. Recalled over the winter break and most likely coming back. 

Hope so anyway, otherwise we're looking at splashing some cash on Carson (if Motherwell would even be happy to let him go this month), trying to find someone else good enough, or Stewart playing with Maley as backup.

Edited by LiviLion

Heeeeeee's Baaaaaaack.

Right you slags we're keeping a top 6 place this season.

New Era? PDP_SDR_240417_livi_06JPG

Livingston FC is delighted to announce the return of John Ward as club Chief Executive.

John will provide strategic leadership as we progress our campaign to remain in the top six of the Premiership.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER