Livingston - all the threads merged

Some fans on that Facebook forum are absolutely clueless, suggesting we sign the likes of goodwillie and dorrans but think Ambrose would be a poor signing. If Livi signed Ambrose that’d be an outstanding signing, was one of the best cb’s in the league towards the end of his time at hibs. More surprised that the likes of hibs or Aberdeen aren’t the front runner to sign him. 

6 hours ago, ATLIS said:

He's been without a club for 6 months, won't be on a big wage at all

We tried to sign him a couple of months ago but failed...

Now looks like Sarkic will be back at Villa this month.

I would say we now need another ‘keeper, and not just as a starter because I don’t have much faith in Stewart at all. Sarkic hasn’t been spectacular but looks solid compared to Stewart.

2 hours ago, Afro said:

I would say we now need another ‘keeper, and not just as a starter because I don’t have much faith in Stewart at all. Sarkic hasn’t been spectacular but looks solid compared to Stewart.

Through our short history weve come accustumed to things like this happening when at the time weve been doing so well.Thats the price of succsess i guess.Sarkik would be a big loss for us,but loan deals are so fragile in their nature that theres not a lot you can do about it im afraid. Hes their player and if they want him back its their right to do so.Would be great if he stayed,seems to like it here.If he goes then its just another headache we'd have to deal with. Fingers crossed.

8 hours ago, Menga Bus said:

Some fans on that Facebook forum are absolutely clueless, suggesting we sign the likes of goodwillie and dorrans but think Ambrose would be a poor signing. If Livi signed Ambrose that’d be an outstanding signing, was one of the best cb’s in the league towards the end of his time at hibs. More surprised that the likes of hibs or Aberdeen aren’t the front runner to sign him. 

If you sign goodwillie then that will be two sex offenders in your starting 11. Plus a convicted drug dealer as manager as Holt is just a patsy.

30 minutes ago, champions said:

If you sign goodwillie then that will be two sex offenders in your starting 11. Plus a convicted drug dealer as manager as Holt is just a patsy.

It seems as though Falkirk are genuinely interested in Goodwillie. Due to sign over the next few days.

37 minutes ago, Binghams Buckteeth said:

Where is the Efe Ambrose rumours coming from!? There’s no way we could afford his wages so someone has been sniffing large amounts of glue on NYE and the effects haven’t worn off yet 🥴

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him come in until the end of the season. He'll have played with Bartley at Hibs for a while, good 6 months here gets him back in the market. Would be a massive coup for us as well, he's a stunning CB at this level.

On that note, what's Bilel Moshni up to these days?

4 hours ago, Afro said:

Wonder if we could just sign Carson from Motherwell right now then, were meant to be going for him for next season.

5 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him come in until the end of the season. He'll have played with Bartley at Hibs for a while, good 6 months here gets him back in the market. Would be a massive coup for us as well, he's a stunning CB at this level.

On that note, what's Bilel Moshni up to these days?

Ambrose i could maybe stomach as long as those bomb scare moments are out of his system.As for Moshni, no no no!

50 minutes ago, Binghams Buckteeth said:

Where is the Efe Ambrose rumours coming from!? There’s no way we could afford his wages so someone has been sniffing large amounts of glue on NYE and the effects haven’t worn off yet 🥴

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/efe-ambrose-21202324

If he turned down St Johnstone it can't be about wages, they'd have paid him a lot more than we could afford, maybe location has an appeal, it did for Bartley. 

32 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

It seems as though Falkirk are genuinely interested in Goodwillie. Due to sign over the next few days.

Cant see it happening, hes a good player at our level but would be too divisive amongst the support. If he did sign I'd still go to the games but having a ropist in the team wouldn't sit well with me.

How is sibbald playing? I know hes enjoying being back in the team, he was looking to move as he wasnt getting much game time but happy now.

Edited by champions

44 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/efe-ambrose-21202324

If he turned down St Johnstone it can't be about wages, they'd have paid him a lot more than we could afford, maybe location has an appeal, it did for Bartley. 

By all accounts at our end it was wages. Couldnt get near them, then his agent went to the press linking him with Hibs to try and force our hand, which ended talks.

He was going to come into our side as a guaranteed starter at CB.

29 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Wonder how much it would take to get Carson now. 31 year old 2nd choice keeper who will be leaving Motherwell for free in the summer, surely wouldn’t be much?

Would force Robinson in either offering him a new deal (in case he ends up with both his keepers leaving in the summer) or having to let him go now.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

By all accounts at our end it was wages. Couldnt get near them, then his agent went to the press linking him with Hibs to try and force our hand, which ended talks.

He was going to come into our side as a guaranteed starter at CB.

Maybe willing to accept anything now then, because going by the wages I've seen published, St Johnstone are a good bit above Livi on what we can offer him (Livi's average wage 43K/St Johnstone's 62K). Or his agent still auctioning his name around seeing who else will offer him a deal.