Livingston - all the threads merged

9 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Doing pretty well without one, lets face it, we got promoted through the play offs because our midfielders were the ones scoring goals, BSLM did his job taking the brunt of the challenges for long balls but it was Pitts, Mullin and Jacobs that got us here.  Big Guthrie is taking over from Halkett as a goal threat from set pieces this season too, honestly don't think a striker is that big a deal now. Would be as well keeping Hamilton here for the rest of the season than bringing in another striker now too.

You're nuts. We needed a striker even when Miller was here. We're doing well without one until we aren't. Why be reactive when you can be proactive when you see an issue. Dykes is out injured then who do we have? Hamilton isn't the answer, pretty sure Brian Graham hasn't been getting a game at Ross County, that's a better shout than Goodwillie as well as far as I'm concerned

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

You're nuts. We needed a striker even when Miller was here. We're doing well without one until we aren't. Why be reactive when you can be proactive when you see an issue. Dykes is out injured then who do we have? Hamilton isn't the answer, pretty sure Brian Graham hasn't been getting a game at Ross County, that's a better shout than Goodwillie as well as far as I'm concerned

We're sitting 5th in the league without one, we've 12 different players  that have scored goals for us, why the panic to get another striker? I'm more bothered about keeping hold of Dykes for the rest of the season than desperate for a back up striker.  Even Hardie wasn't that prolific last season, our CB's chipped in with more goals. Hell Dolly did the biz as an out ball for most of last season, that's all we really need, then the midfield gets up the pitch and scores goals

I'd just bring Hamilton back and give him a bit of game time whenever we get the chance. He'd do ok as a target man and we'd still have plenty goal scorers in midfield.

Some fans on that Facebook forum are absolutely clueless, suggesting we sign the likes of goodwillie and dorrans but think Ambrose would be a poor signing. If Livi signed Ambrose that’d be an outstanding signing, was one of the best cb’s in the league towards the end of his time at hibs. More surprised that the likes of hibs or Aberdeen aren’t the front runner to sign him. 

6 hours ago, ATLIS said:

He's been without a club for 6 months, won't be on a big wage at all

We tried to sign him a couple of months ago but failed...

Now looks like Sarkic will be back at Villa this month.

I would say we now need another ‘keeper, and not just as a starter because I don’t have much faith in Stewart at all. Sarkic hasn’t been spectacular but looks solid compared to Stewart.

2 hours ago, Afro said:

I would say we now need another ‘keeper, and not just as a starter because I don’t have much faith in Stewart at all. Sarkic hasn’t been spectacular but looks solid compared to Stewart.

Through our short history weve come accustumed to things like this happening when at the time weve been doing so well.Thats the price of succsess i guess.Sarkik would be a big loss for us,but loan deals are so fragile in their nature that theres not a lot you can do about it im afraid. Hes their player and if they want him back its their right to do so.Would be great if he stayed,seems to like it here.If he goes then its just another headache we'd have to deal with. Fingers crossed.

8 hours ago, Menga Bus said:

Some fans on that Facebook forum are absolutely clueless, suggesting we sign the likes of goodwillie and dorrans but think Ambrose would be a poor signing. If Livi signed Ambrose that’d be an outstanding signing, was one of the best cb’s in the league towards the end of his time at hibs. More surprised that the likes of hibs or Aberdeen aren’t the front runner to sign him. 

If you sign goodwillie then that will be two sex offenders in your starting 11. Plus a convicted drug dealer as manager as Holt is just a patsy.

30 minutes ago, champions said:

If you sign goodwillie then that will be two sex offenders in your starting 11. Plus a convicted drug dealer as manager as Holt is just a patsy.

It seems as though Falkirk are genuinely interested in Goodwillie. Due to sign over the next few days.

37 minutes ago, Binghams Buckteeth said:

Where is the Efe Ambrose rumours coming from!? There’s no way we could afford his wages so someone has been sniffing large amounts of glue on NYE and the effects haven’t worn off yet 🥴

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him come in until the end of the season. He'll have played with Bartley at Hibs for a while, good 6 months here gets him back in the market. Would be a massive coup for us as well, he's a stunning CB at this level.

On that note, what's Bilel Moshni up to these days?

4 hours ago, Afro said:

Wonder if we could just sign Carson from Motherwell right now then, were meant to be going for him for next season.

5 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him come in until the end of the season. He'll have played with Bartley at Hibs for a while, good 6 months here gets him back in the market. Would be a massive coup for us as well, he's a stunning CB at this level.

On that note, what's Bilel Moshni up to these days?

Ambrose i could maybe stomach as long as those bomb scare moments are out of his system.As for Moshni, no no no!

50 minutes ago, Binghams Buckteeth said:

Where is the Efe Ambrose rumours coming from!? There’s no way we could afford his wages so someone has been sniffing large amounts of glue on NYE and the effects haven’t worn off yet 🥴

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/efe-ambrose-21202324

If he turned down St Johnstone it can't be about wages, they'd have paid him a lot more than we could afford, maybe location has an appeal, it did for Bartley.