Livingston - all the threads merged

17 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

From memory Sarkic has had 1 major blunder against The Rangers but apart from that he has been very solid.

Motherwell away. Don't remember a blunder against Rangers.

As you say, he's been very unlucky with a lot of the goals he has conceded as we often seem victims of huge deflections. 

Overall, he's a very solid keeper and a recall would be a nightmare for us as Stewart is hopeless.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Ready for the next game already. Feel like I’m twiddling my thumbs waiting for any news here. 

Just a random one - Tiffoney hasn’t really seen the game time to kick on from last year. We’ve seen other guys come from little match time to re-establish themselves, e.g. Lawson (albeit possibly contractual) and Sibbald, so it might not mean curtains and maybe just be a case of biding his time.

Edited by crispy

Hakeem Odoffin, Cece Pepe, and Scott Tiffoney I think would be the players "surplus to requirements" if we're trying to free up some cash for a striker. Possibly Chris Erskine too if he's wanted by Partick. Jack Stobbs will officially be back at Sheffield Wednesday as well.

Adding a striker and holding onto everyone would be the only thing I'd be after this month. Another left back would be welcome (to allow Lamie to just focus on being a CB rather than filling in at LB every now and then) but not a priority. If Sarkic does get recalled then that fucks things up a bit as we'll need someone else in to replace him, assume he'll be training with Villa over the next couple weeks so they can decide if they want him back or not. If he flies out to Spain with the team I'll take it as a good sign.

I'm kinda nonplus about getting another striker now, we had a spell where goals were hard to come by, and Dykes suffered an ankle injury and wasn't at his best when he was playing, but we've scored 13 goals in our last 5 games, so our midfield and defenders are chipping in with their share of the goals again, Dykes has scored more goals in half a season than we've had the last 2 seasons from our top scorer too. We also don't play a 4-4-2 formation so another striker would be sitting waiting on Dykes getting injured, and would he even be as good a replacement anyway.

Unless Dykes is leaving in the Jan window then i'm not really concerned about continuing as we are for the remainder of the season. Also think Pitts will be back to his best soon and scoring some goals.

I don't think we've seen the best of Tiffoney yet. I'd keep him and hope that he gets some game time to show what he can do.

Odoffin has not impressed me any time I've seen him and Pepe has become something of a ghost figure. Is he really still here?

My main concern is that if we don't act soon Sibbald and especially Lawless could be contacted by another club and sign pre-contracts. I'd like to see them get new deals.

I'd be mighty disappointed to lose Sarkic now. Surely a team as big as Aston Villa has more than 2 goalies available. Stewart makes too many wrong decisions for my liking.

7 minutes ago, orco said:

I don't think we've seen the best of Tiffoney yet. I'd keep him and hope that he gets some game time to show what he can do.

Odoffin has not impressed me any time I've seen him and Pepe has become something of a ghost figure. Is he really still here?

My main concern is that if we don't act soon Sibbald and especially Lawless could be contacted by another club and sign pre-contracts. I'd like to see them get new deals.

I'd be mighty disappointed to lose Sarkic now. Surely a team as big as Aston Villa has more than 2 goalies available. Stewart makes too many wrong decisions for my liking.

For me, of those mentioned I really hope Lawless is here for the foreseable future.The Sarkic situation is a worry though, hopefully hes here till the end of the season.Would make a big difference to us being safe or not.Really hope disruption is kept to a minimum and as ive said previously i cant wait to see the back of January still intact. 

54 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Jack Stobbs will officially be back at Sheffield Wednesday as well.

Loan was meant to end yesterday, has there been any confirmation its over yet?

Stobbs was a weird one, made an instant impact with a wonder goal against Ross County, hit the woodwork twice in our 2-1 win at home to St Mirren, then did sod all for the rest of his time here. All in all a complete waste of time having him.

I've not seen any sign that Odoffin is good enough, and Pepe has looked very shaky in early games, and has mostly been out injured.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Hakeem Odoffin, Cece Pepe, and Scott Tiffoney I think would be the players "surplus to requirements" if we're trying to free up some cash for a striker. Possibly Chris Erskine too if he's wanted by Partick. Jack Stobbs will officially be back at Sheffield Wednesday as well.

Adding a striker and holding onto everyone would be the only thing I'd be after this month. Another left back would be welcome (to allow Lamie to just focus on being a CB rather than filling in at LB every now and then) but not a priority. If Sarkic does get recalled then that fucks things up a bit as we'll need someone else in to replace him, assume he'll be training with Villa over the next couple weeks so they can decide if they want him back or not. If he flies out to Spain with the team I'll take it as a good sign.

Honestly, I'd say we need another CB as cover (I don't rate Lamie at all, he's too hesitant and gives away chances), a backup striker and a winger to replace Stobbs.

Pepe has been out long term with an injury, Odoffin still coming back from a 6+ month injury too.  

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Loan was meant to end yesterday, has there been any confirmation its over yet?

Player himself hasn't even been in Scotland for about a month now, already moved back down south. I'm assuming we're just waiting on it getting announced

Motherwell away. Don't remember a blunder against Rangers.
As you say, he's been very unlucky with a lot of the goals he has conceded as we often seem victims of huge deflections. 
Overall, he's a very solid keeper and a recall would be a nightmare for us as Stewart is hopeless.
I think I got him mistook for the Kelly one last season.
It was Motherwell for sure.
Stewart isnt great. I'd honestly big Stretch was in goal over Stewart. He can at least kick a ball.

Anyone who says we dont need another striker is frankly high on drugs. We need a backup. I'm not talking a first team striker but we need a player who can actually play up front and isnt a midfielder masquerading as a striker. Tiff has shown in small flashes that he could be that guy but not sure if hes going to get his chance. But we need another player like Dykes for up front.

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

Stewart isnt great. I'd honestly big Stretch was in goal over Stewart. He can at least kick a ball.

Anyone who says we dont need another striker is frankly high on drugs. We need a backup. I'm not talking a first team striker but we need a player who can actually play up front and isnt a midfielder masquerading as a striker. Tiff has shown in small flashes that he could be that guy but not sure if hes going to get his chance. But we need another player like Dykes for up front.

Jordan White? :D 

2 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Doing pretty well without one, lets face it, we got promoted through the play offs because our midfielders were the ones scoring goals, BSLM did his job taking the brunt of the challenges for long balls but it was Pitts, Mullin and Jacobs that got us here.  Big Guthrie is taking over from Halkett as a goal threat from set pieces this season too, honestly don't think a striker is that big a deal now. Would be as well keeping Hamilton here for the rest of the season than bringing in another striker now too.

7 hours ago, orco said:

We had four at the start of the season. Two are injured and, by the sound of it, another one is going to be sold. Seems a bit mad to me to be considering selling one, but given injuries to McGinn and Wesley it must be that our priorities are elsewhere and we will recall Sarkic rather than getting another keeper in or turning down an offer for the unwanted Kalinic.

9 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Doing pretty well without one, lets face it, we got promoted through the play offs because our midfielders were the ones scoring goals, BSLM did his job taking the brunt of the challenges for long balls but it was Pitts, Mullin and Jacobs that got us here.  Big Guthrie is taking over from Halkett as a goal threat from set pieces this season too, honestly don't think a striker is that big a deal now. Would be as well keeping Hamilton here for the rest of the season than bringing in another striker now too.

You're nuts. We needed a striker even when Miller was here. We're doing well without one until we aren't. Why be reactive when you can be proactive when you see an issue. Dykes is out injured then who do we have? Hamilton isn't the answer, pretty sure Brian Graham hasn't been getting a game at Ross County, that's a better shout than Goodwillie as well as far as I'm concerned

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

You're nuts. We needed a striker even when Miller was here. We're doing well without one until we aren't. Why be reactive when you can be proactive when you see an issue. Dykes is out injured then who do we have? Hamilton isn't the answer, pretty sure Brian Graham hasn't been getting a game at Ross County, that's a better shout than Goodwillie as well as far as I'm concerned

We're sitting 5th in the league without one, we've 12 different players  that have scored goals for us, why the panic to get another striker? I'm more bothered about keeping hold of Dykes for the rest of the season than desperate for a back up striker.  Even Hardie wasn't that prolific last season, our CB's chipped in with more goals. Hell Dolly did the biz as an out ball for most of last season, that's all we really need, then the midfield gets up the pitch and scores goals

I'd just bring Hamilton back and give him a bit of game time whenever we get the chance. He'd do ok as a target man and we'd still have plenty goal scorers in midfield.