Livingston - all the threads merged

From a positive perspective, we are 6th after playing every team once. I would also say that there has not been a game so far where we have got more points than we deserved but many where we have got less. 

I was wrong in the summer - we need one more striker if we are to fulfil our potential this year. If some squad/loan players need to go to allow this to happen, so be it. We can not afford passengers. 

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

From a positive perspective, we are 6th after playing every team once. I would also say that there has not been a game so far where we have got more points than we deserved but many where we have got less. 

I was wrong in the summer - we need one more striker if we are to fulfil our potential this year. If some squad/loan players need to go to allow this to happen, so be it. We can not afford passengers. 

We only have two loan players don't we; and one plays in goal. Not sure Stobbs is going to make it though; impressive start against Ross Country but precious little since then. Really should have had more than enough time to get back to full fitness so questioning whether he's really good enough.

As for the "squad players" I believe all are under contract so all would cost money to let go; a couple of them though have been injured almost as soon as they signed for us.

The fact that Dykes seems to be injured more often than he's fit is a big concern; without him we're pretty toothless at times. Also I liked the pace and agility of Tiffoney but his miss yesterday really demonstrated a degree of immaturity in my opinion; true he did well to get into that position in the first place but a cooler head..... 

Maybe we'll get Hamilton back in the winter which I suppose will be something but we're still at least one and maybe two strikers shy. Obviously we are unlikely to be able to afford a proven goalscorer unless its someone at the end of his career (not got the best experiences there with an injury prone Miller etc.)  or someone released. 

I think I also predicted we didn't need another striker in the summer but that was before we'd learnt that Hamilton and De Vita were going out on loan and Miller would never be fit.

13 hours ago, crispy said:

Hibs cheated their way back into it. We should’ve buried them 3-1. That said I thought they passed the ball well.

Allan deserves a ban for that. Blatant cheating. You could see he didn’t know if he was going to booked or given a penalty.

To be fair, you could have been down to 10 men early in the first half.

But I was impressed with Livi. You're a well organised side and you'll be absolutely fine this season.

26 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Players out on loan.

Right; yes; extending players' contracts and then putting them out on a year's loan was a really strange one

Likewise with Blues; I though he's come on a bit in the pre-season but then gets loaned out to Morton and hardly makes an appearance.

I also understand that we're currently picking up the majority of Hamilton's wages.

I'd have loved for us to have took a punt on Kevin Nisbet, fecked if I know why we didn't, he's a young player that scored 30 odd goals for Raith in League One, and is still scoring goals for Dunfermline in the Championship. he'd have been ideal as a back up to Dykes.

Hopefully Hamilton will be an improved player coming back from his loan spell, and Raffa could also play as a striker, may not have the legs as a winger now but I still think he can be useful in a back 3 in behind the striker, or a striker when needed, plenty experience and skill, with a good shot on him too. If both are back in January we'll be a bit better looking coping without Dykes than we are now. Or maybe even sign a loan player up, who's the young guy Falkirk had on loan from Sevco last season? 

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'd have loved for us to have took a punt on Kevin Nisbet, fecked if I know why we didn't, he's a young player that scored 30 odd goals for Raith in League One, and is still scoring goals for Dunfermline in the Championship. he'd have been ideal as a back up to Dykes.

Hopefully Hamilton will be an improved player coming back from his loan spell, and Raffa could also play as a striker, may not have the legs as a winger now but I still think he can be useful in a back 3 in behind the striker, or a striker when needed, plenty experience and skill, with a good shot on him too. If both are back in January we'll be a bit better looking coping without Dykes than we are now. Or maybe even sign a loan player up, who's the young guy Falkirk had on loan from Sevco last season? 

Zak Rudden, on a 6 month loan until January at Plymouth, scored 3 goals in 13 appearances as far as I can tell. Would definitely take him, think he could do a job with Dykes or even just as cover

Edited by Menga Bus

1 hour ago, AndyM said:

To be fair, you could have been down to 10 men early in the first half.

But I was impressed with Livi. You're a well organised side and you'll be absolutely fine this season.

The lack of a back up striker is killing us just now though, we'd comfortably be up where Killie, Aberdeen and Motherwell are just now if Dykes had played in the games he's missed, or we had a bloody striker to come in when he's out injured/suspended. Even Dolly made a difference last season when Hardie was out injured, but this season we have nobody to take up the slack, and are having to play a short arse attacking midfielder up front against big CB's.

13 points is still decent though, but we can't afford to drop below that for the next two blocks of eleven games, or we'll be dragged into the relegation scrap. As it stands just now I tend to ignore where Hearts and Hibs are (I think both will improve and be well away from the bottom 2/3 places) and see St Mirren, Accies, Ross County, and perhaps St Johnstone* as teams we need to target for staying safe.

*again, I think they'll prob improve and climb out of the relegation battle.

Honestly think we are 2 strikers short. Lee Miller was immense for us during the second half of the promotion season but we’ve seen precious little of him since. I really rate Robinson and he worked up front to a degree last night but shelling the ball up to him is just suicidal. The less said about Tiffoney, the better.

If we have Dykes fit and available for the last two games I think we take 6 points. That’s the difference, and what will continue to cost us this season.

5 hours ago, Afro said:

Honestly think we are 2 strikers short. Lee Miller was immense for us during the second half of the promotion season but we’ve seen precious little of him since. I really rate Robinson and he worked up front to a degree last night but shelling the ball up to him is just suicidal. The less said about Tiffoney, the better.

If we have Dykes fit and available for the last two games I think we take 6 points. That’s the difference, and what will continue to cost us this season.

Yep, and it looks like that Tackle by Helander on Dykes ankle is an ongoing issue, who knows how many games he'll miss with it flaring up after every game he plays. He may well end up having to take a month or two off to let it fully recover.

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

6th in the league and I'm raging, says it all. Need two strikers in come January and just hope one isn't shite

By which time we might find ourselves in bother at the wrong end of the table.Most Livi fans know this should have been deals with months ago.Could cost us big style. 

Yeah we won the play offs with just Lee Miller as a target man, and the midfield scoring goals, spent the first half of last season with no strikers, Menga being the out ball for us and the likes of Halkett knocking in set pieces, then Hardie came back in and was largely useless apart from a wee purple patch in December. This season we've only got Dykes, and he's struggling with an ankle injury. Seems to be what we do, struggle on with little or no strikers.

On 27/10/2019 at 16:15, ATLIS said:

He's too slow and is caught out of position far too much, could pick out 4 or 5 times yesterday where he was posted missing and someone stepped in to save his arse.

Willing to put money on it that Menga never plays for us again tbh, doesn't want to be here just like Lawson.

Tiffoney might benefit from another loan out? Even then I doubt he'll break through at current pace. Think having Jack Hamilton back could be the best shout for us, getting on pretty well at QoS 

Hope for Dolly coming back in Jan yet, that's Lawson signed up for another season.

8 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

His Angola trip doesn't seem to have gone as well as he was hoping for. He's mainly just getting substitute appearances. I don't think that Angola callup is coming any time soon.

Get him back Asap.We need him. We can build his confidence up again,rather than stagnating in Angola. Come home Dolly.

1 minute ago, thruthenight said:

His Angola trip doesn't seem to have gone as well as he was hoping for. He's mainly just getting substitute appearances. I don't think that Angola callup is coming any time soon.

Yeah looked at his wiki page and it doesn't have him having a game for them yet. Followed a link to their twitter page and he was on the subs bench.

Yano and Tony scored goals for them in their last game, maybe we should see if either of those two would come to Livi.:unsure2::lol: