Livingston - all the threads merged

McMillan is adequate, and no more than that. Done well against Celtic but doesn’t offer the same threat that Devlin does down the right; would like to see more of Savane but I’m assuming he may be slowly introduced to the team as Lawson was last season.

Really disappointing that Erskine seems very injury prone as he has actually looked very classy in the current 4-2-3-1 formation. I was extremely dubious when he signed and thought he was done when I first saw him at wingback against Motherwell, but he was outstanding against Killie at home last season in the lone striker role. His composure alone is a massive asset in this team.

Menga won’t be back.

Tiffoney reminds me of when Danny Mullen first broke into the team. Decent turn of pace to him and looks to get on the front foot, but lightweight as hell and generally doesn’t look cut out to operate up top for us. Don’t know if a loan or a tonne of protein would do the business for him.

Desperately need another striker or results/performances like Saturday will sadly become commonplace and may well cost us come the end of the season.

McMillan's lack of acceleration is a problem; he's generally a good solid defender but if he pushes up past the halfway line, and we're playing four at the back rather than last season's three and two wing backs, then there's the chance of a gap particularly if the opposition have pacy wingers.

Was confused when we offered Miller and De Vita an extension as both had seemed to struggle. The same goes for Erskine; I've kept hoping his fitness would improve but I dont think it ever will.

Been really disappointed with Savane being so injury prone as well. Seemed pretty impressive agains Alloa in the friendly but now am wondering if we'll ever see him play a full game.

As for Pepe I really don't know. In some of the games I've seem him in he's actually really offered something in the set piece scenario; he's received some criticism of being flaky but then he's hardly had a run in the team to become settled.

And what the heck is all this about playing Oddafin as a striker/forward. I like the guy but he has very little acceleration (worse than McMillan). Lets not be silly about it.

Unconventional but I thought Odoffin did well up front, Robbo was knackered and Odoffin came on and chased down everything, ran from one wing over to the other and put in a tackle to knock the ball out. Gave us a bit more physicality up front too, before dropping back into defence for Tiffoney coming on to replace McMillan (who was presumably injured).

Doesn't say much for Tiffoney's chances right enough, when a FB comes on as striker and he only gets a game because the FB come striker had to drop back into defence to take over from another FB going off injured. 

Shows how versatile a squad we have though, we were chopping and changing all over the place and still kept a clean sheet. Lamie came on for an injured Devlin, but went to LB, so McMillan switched to RB, then Odoffin a FB came on for Robbo, an attacking mid who was playing as a striker, the FB then dropped back into his natural position when the now RB McMillan goes off injured and Tiffoney another attacking mid comes on as a striker. And all that was on top of Souda's sending off which didn't even appear to leave a hole anywhere, as we looked the better team for most of the 2nd half.

I was just disappointed Stewart didn't come on instead of Tiffoney, and score the winning goal.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

I think Tiffoney is stronger than he looks. I've seen him hold off big guys in the few games he's been given a chance. The upside of him looking fragile of course is that he's more likely to have the foul given. I remember big Kenny Deuchar often getting battered in games and getting nothing because of his build.

2 minutes ago, orco said:

I think Tiffoney is stronger than he looks. I've seen him hold off big guys in the few games he's been given a chance. The upside of him looking fragile of course is that he's more likely to have the foul given. I remember big Kenny Deuchar often getting battered in games and getting nothing because of his build.

Big One was the same, got absolutely nothing when players were taking runs and jumping into him. Danny (diver) Mullen didn't seem to get as much when he was at Livi as he does now at St Mirren, he's bulked up a good bit but still goes down with the slightest of touches.

Good interview by big Marv Bartley, esp like his take on our plastic pitch. 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/interview-marvin-bartley-on-hibs-livi-s-plastic-pitch-becoming-a-manager-and-being-a-spoiler-of-the-beautiful-game-1-5033652

“The pitch gives us a massive advantage so why wouldn’t I like it?” he says. “We train on it every day and I love it when I hear fans of bigger clubs saying we should have a grass pitch as it gives us an advantage. I just think ‘OK, if that’s unfair, we should all have a wage cap as well. Give us some of your money, we will sign a few boys on £30,000 a week and then we will put in a grass pitch and we can all see where that takes us’. Until then it is all about gaining small advantages.”

15 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

and on less good news....Souda's red card has been upheld....WHAT THE ACTUAL f**k?

Morelos kicked McKenna off the ball last season and had his overturned but Souda who pulls out of going for the ball loses his appeal. JOKE

Will we see red cards for every overhead kick then, I take it they're now banned.

Good news for Sibbald though, this is his chance to grab a starting place for himself against Motherwell too.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Can’t believe how many points we’ve dropped from games where we should’ve won or drawn, absolutely criminal, everyone is assuming we will be okay this season but we have the top 3 in our next 3 games and could quite easily be dragged right into the battle at the bottom

Can’t believe how many points we’ve dropped from games where we should’ve won or drawn, absolutely criminal, everyone is assuming we will be okay this season but we have the top 3 in our next 3 games and could quite easily be dragged right into the battle at the bottom

Should at least be sitting with 5 more (home vs Motherwell, home to Aberdeen, tonight) - if Dykes is our only credible option up front until May I do fear for us. Lack of out ball utterly killed us tonight in that second half.

45 minutes ago, Afro said:

Should at least be sitting with 5 more (home vs Motherwell, home to Aberdeen, tonight) - if Dykes is our only credible option up front until May I do fear for us. Lack of out ball utterly killed us tonight in that second half.

St Johnstone away too

also, the amount of decisions in games that just haven’t gone our way recently is unbelievable, dive for hibs penalty tonight, no penalty against hearts, dodgy pen for Hamilton, No foul by helander in the cup, and Devlin disallowed goal at ibrox just to name a few. Don’t like to cry and moan about decisions especially when some were over a month ago because it also happens to other teams, but recent games have just left me with an overall feeling of complete frustration

38 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

The amount of Livi fans suggesting that was a good point because of where we were a few years ago makes me sick. 

Proper loser mentality. 

That's 4 points chucked away in the last 2 games, both Hearts and Hibs are  brutal just now and will prob get better by the winter break, so we should've been taking advantage of it. The lack of a 2nd striker is telling on us right enough but ffs, we shouldn't have fecked away a 2 goal lead.

3 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

St Johnstone away too

also, the amount of decisions in games that just haven’t gone our way recently is unbelievable, dive for hibs penalty tonight, no penalty against hearts, dodgy pen for Hamilton, No foul by helander in the cup, and Devlin disallowed goal at ibrox just to name a few. Don’t like to cry and moan about decisions especially when some were over a month ago because it also happens to other teams, but recent games have just left me with an overall feeling of complete frustration

Sevco 1st goal at Ibrox was also offside. No excuses tonight though, shouldn't have been a penalty but ffs,  90 seconds to go and we couldn't even hang on,  just a punt up over the top and it caught us flat. Tiffoney's miss too, Jesus wept.

Hibs cheated their way back into it. We should’ve buried them 3-1. That said I thought they passed the ball well.

Allan deserves a ban for that. Blatant cheating. You could see he didn’t know if he was going to booked or given a penalty.

Edited by crispy

10 minutes ago, crispy said:

Hibs cheated their way back into it. We should’ve buried them 3-1. That said I thought they passed the ball well.

Allan deserves a ban for that. Blatant cheating. You could see he didn’t know if he was going to booked or given a penalty.

They passed it well because we sat back and gave them the time and space to do so, if we'd done that against Celtic they'd have given us an absolute doing. Our 2nd half tactics cost us as much as bad refereeing and Tiffoney's feck up of a miss, didn't press them and sat far too deep. Always felt like we needed a 3rd goal to make sure, the way we played the second half.

52 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

St Johnstone away too

The big teams always get the advantage in these situations. They shouldn't but our useless referees can't help themselves.