Livingston - all the threads merged

Hi, 

I'm currently doing a report as part of my coursework for Uni and I'm talking about the alienation and commodification in football, I'm speaking about the Wimbledon/MK Dons case and how the move alienated the fans, how did Meadowbank/Ferranti fans feel about the move to Livingston? Any input would be appreciated.

5 hours ago, KD1711 said:

Hi, 

I'm currently doing a report as part of my coursework for Uni and I'm talking about the alienation and commodification in football, I'm speaking about the Wimbledon/MK Dons case and how the move alienated the fans, how did Meadowbank/Ferranti fans feel about the move to Livingston? Any input would be appreciated.

I know quite a few Meadowbank fans protested it and harbour a lot of hate but then again I'd say we have a  fairly young support so most of us were born after the move, which is 25 years next year. I've only ever known us as Livi and never knew a time we didn't exist so don't feel alienated at all

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Our players are, almost without exception, absolutely shite, and De Vita has comfortably been one of the worst so far this season.

He’s completely and utterly done.

Italian Stallion ensuring you stay doon, tasty

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Our players are, almost without exception, absolutely shite, and De Vita has comfortably been one of the worst so far this season.

He’s completely and utterly done.

Wish tae f**k we hadn't put him out on loan, classy player that's far too good to be slumming it in the Championship with plastic whistle.

Really doesn’t sound promising re: De Vita. Not really sure where he’d in here now as we’ve far better options at #10, he doesn’t have the pace for wide left and he’s not played as a striker in ages. Would be happy to keep him around in a role similar to Miller’s but I’m sure he’d probably like to keep playing at some level regularly.

Would take Penrice back in a heartbeat if Partick end up shit creek come the end of the season.

Genuinely have no clue why we gave Miller a deal tbh, never fit and was done last season. Love Raffa but he's done as well. We need to get rid of some of these lumps with a wage, we're in desperate need of a striker. We cannot keep playing without one and hoping for the best because it's a joke ffs.

For me, the punt list:

Erskine
De Vita
Miller
Savane
Pepe
Stobbs (send him back)
Menga (get him sold off in January)
Lawson (doesn't want to be here)

Arguably for me I'd throw in Tiffoney and McMillan as well, Tiffoney doesn't seem like he'll ever make the step up and make the first team regularly and McMillan has been woeful this season 

Genuinely have no clue why we gave Miller a deal tbh, never fit and was done last season. Love Raffa but he's done as well. We need to get rid of some of these lumps with a wage, we're in desperate need of a striker. We cannot keep playing without one and hoping for the best because it's a joke ffs.

For me, the punt list:

Erskine
De Vita
Miller
Savane
Pepe
Stobbs (send him back)
Menga (get him sold off in January)
Lawson (doesn't want to be here)

Arguably for me I'd throw in Tiffoney and McMillan as well, Tiffoney doesn't seem like he'll ever make the step up and make the first team regularly and McMillan has been woeful this season 
Have you even been to a game?
McMillan has been very impressive at both right and left back.
Tiffs just needs a run in the team.
I would pretty much agree on the rest but seriously you're talking out your arse about McMillan.

18 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

I would pretty much agree on the rest but seriously you're talking out your arse about McMillan.

Agreed McMillan has been excellent for us, not just this season either, anytime he's had the chance to come in and play, LB or RB. We've relied heavily on him too, with Lamie's record of picking up injuries.

Don't see how Raffa is past it either, he had a bad injury and was superb up till then, and we've never seen if he's done or not since, i'd at least give him a chance after Jan to see. Also would love for Menga to come back, we sorely miss him this season, with no decent back up option for Dykes being out, with Miller always being injured. If nothing else, Dolly gave us an out ball and could more than hold his own against big CB's, the guy was a wave of destruction for defenders to cope with, and opened up space for others.

4 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

He's too slow and is caught out of position far too much, could pick out 4 or 5 times yesterday where he was posted missing and someone stepped in to save his arse.

Willing to put money on it that Menga never plays for us again tbh, doesn't want to be here just like Lawson.

Tiffoney might benefit from another loan out? Even then I doubt he'll break through at current pace. Think having Jack Hamilton back could be the best shout for us, getting on pretty well at QoS 

I think McMillan has been good. I also think Erskine is a great football and he was arguably our heart performer at Ibrox. Tiffoney needs game time, I agree. Menga would have to improve a fair bit to establish himself back in the team, for me.

Agree Rafa is classy but I am concerned having not seen him deliver at the top level for a couple of years. Miller seems injury prone but I was happy he got an extension as he seems to contribute a lot off the park. I wish we had another striker on the books but I’d also rather we didn’t just get landed with mediocrity.

That’s 12 points after 10 games. Think we could have a few more. Hopefully we sharpen up in the second quarter.

2 hours ago, crispy said:

I think McMillan has been good. I also think Erskine is a great football and he was arguably our heart performer at Ibrox. Tiffoney needs game time, I agree. Menga would have to improve a fair bit to establish himself back in the team, for me.

Agree Rafa is classy but I am concerned having not seen him deliver at the top level for a couple of years. Miller seems injury prone but I was happy he got an extension as he seems to contribute a lot off the park. I wish we had another striker on the books but I’d also rather we didn’t just get landed with mediocrity.

That’s 12 points after 10 games. Think we could have a few more. Hopefully we sharpen up in the second quarter.

Yeah Menga is never getting a starting place with a fully fit squad to choose from. but he'd a decent option from the bench to have and would def start when Dykes is out injured or suspended, he made a big impact last season in the big games and always gave us an out ball when we were under pressure. Erratic and frustrating at times but i'd still have him back in Jan if it was an option.

Jack Hamilton too will hopefully be back, having no back up striker is killing us, as is refereeing decisions.

25 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah Menga is never getting a starting place with a fully fit squad to choose from. but he'd a decent option from the bench to have and would def start when Dykes is out injured or suspended, he made a big impact last season in the big games and always gave us an out ball when we were under pressure. Erratic and frustrating at times but i'd still have him back in Jan if it was an option.

Jack Hamilton too will hopefully be back, having no back up striker is killing us, as is refereeing decisions.

Agree, Menga does have some ‘shitfestery’ qualities that we don’t have in the the midfielders that play up top. It would be great if he came back more rounded. I’ll do a bit of digging and see if I can find out how he’s getting on.