Livingston - all the threads merged

On 28/09/2019 at 16:54, EdinburghLivi said:

Can we put Sarkic in goals now please?

Bro, let me manage Livingston Football Club.

Also, everyone better get their arse to the testimonial. 300 games for Jacobs today, an absolute legend.

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

So has Robbie Crawford been putting in similar performances or did that motm come from nowhere?

Robbie has been consistent for us. Nothing spectacular but does his job well. Thought he shat out of a few tackles today though. Dykes was my MOTM

Yeah, I like Crawford, but I'd also like to see Lawson take his place as he was our best player at the end of last season. I understand why the summer has had Holt questioning his commitment and had him out of the team however.

Lamie was MOTM today for me. Closely followed by Dykes, Guthrie and McMillan.

Yeah, I like Crawford, but I'd also like to see Lawson take his place as he was our best player at the end of last season. I understand why the summer has had Holt questioning his commitment and had him out of the team however.
Lamie was MOTM today for me. Closely followed by Dykes, Guthrie and McMillan.
Lawson and his agent have been trying to get a move away from us since the last game of last season.
No one wants him or certainly no one wants to pay us money for him.
Hell sign a pre contract somewhere in January and be sold or leave for free in the summer.

22 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Lawson and his agent have been trying to get a move away from us since the last game of last season.
No one wants him or certainly no one wants to pay us money for him.
Hell sign a pre contract somewhere in January and be sold or leave for free in the summer.

Yeah, I expect so. Which is a shame, because if he'd had a whole season similar to how he ended the last then he'd be a saleable asset.

Still, while he's here and is putting in the effort, then I'd have him involved.

New episode of Talk Livi is available now, lots on this week, we mostly revel in today’s win against Celtic but we also have an interview with Jon Guthrie, interrupted by Marvin Bartley, we chat about the Scotland squad and Keags testimonial match on Sunday. 

Our website is - TalkLiviPodcast.libsyn.com or simply search TalkLivi on your preferred streaming site. 

Cheers for listening and enjoy yer night. 

Now that we've finally beaten Celtic, I think there is only one thing left i'd love to see us doing, winning the Scottish cup.

We've won every league except the top tier, and I think that would just be a dream too far with the financial dominance of the two big Glasgow clubs. But we've finished best of the rest and played in Europe, won the League cup, Challenge cup, so that just leaves the Scottish cup. Best we've done in that comp was a semi final defeat to Celtic the season we won the League cup. And with this Livi team/management team, what they've accomplished the last 3 seasons, it def isn't beyond our capability.

6 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

20191007_021931.jpg

Screenshot_20191007-022246_Gallery.jpg

That's astounding - obviously a result of such a low home crowd but even so its a miracle that more players arent wanting away. As a matter of interest does anyone know Hamilton's average wage; they seem to be the most similar to us crowds wise.

Great result Livi, the more defeats on Celtic and Rangers the better. 

Haven't watched any highlights yet, but with the Christie red card I'd imagine helping, what won it for you? Is the style of football still as in the championship? 

Haven't watched any highlights yet, but with the Christie red card I'd imagine helping, what won it for you? Is the style of football still as in the championship? 
I can only comment on what I saw in the The Rangers game but Livi's style looked completely different. They were passing it around nicely and took the game to that lot. On that day they just never had a cutting edge. Livi in The Championship were boring to watch but very effective. They actually looked good to watch in that game.

Obviously Livi fans will know better than me but that performance was night and day compared to what I witnessed from them against us.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I can only comment on what I saw in the The Rangers game but Livi's style looked completely different. They were passing it around nicely and took the game to that lot. On that day they just never had a cutting edge. Livi in The Championship were boring to watch but very effective. They actually looked good to watch in that game.

Obviously Livi fans will know better than me but that performance was night and day compared to what I witnessed from them against us.

Would love to say we play like that all of the time but last weeks game against Hamilton was night and day. Last week, with Dykes injured, we lacked any cutting thrust up and, without either Pittman or Jacobs in the midfield, our midfield looked disjointed and ineffective. 

If only we could play like we did against Celtic and the rangers for the entire season.... but then I suppose every side says something similar.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

We played very similar to our championship season last season, 3,5,2, played percentage football and it was effective. 

This season we have changed to a 4,2,3,1 and are trying to play a little more, we are still doing the basics right and we are still playing a few long passes but there is a definite difference, we are trying to pass a bit more, get the ball wider more, this season imo we have been a lot more threatening going forward, if we had taken our chances in games we’d have 3 or 4 more points, suppose every team could say that though. 

Very happy with how things are going, recruitment has been very good again which has played a major part after the doom and gloom of losing Kelly, Halkett, Gallagher, Byrne, and Hardie in the summer, credit has to go to the management team for again getting it right. 

Long way to go this season, but we have nothing to fear from anyone in this league, if we can keep key players fit. 

Edited by andylivi1

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Same work ethic and commitment from the players, and same intensity of pressing the ball closing down opposition players, but as andylivi said, with us losing Gallagher and Halkett we've changed from a 3-5-2/3-5-1-1 to a 4-2-3-1, and instead of bye passing the midfield with long balls to get it out of our half quickly, then winning 2nd balls to get the midfield involved, we're passing it out from the back more. Which has also made a big difference to Steven Lawless, being positioned further up the pitch in his natural position, and is  level with Dykes on 3 league goals each.

We've actually had a few key players injured already, Lithgow, Pittman, Robinson, Lamie, Lawson, Dykes, and although Pittman is a big miss i'd say Dykes was the player we've missed the most. His area is the one we don't have a replacement for, defence and midfield is well covered with adequate replacements, but Lee Miller is the only other striker similar to Dykes, and he's been out injured on and off for a season and a half (although he made a late sub appearance yesterday). Dykes really has been a standout for us, spearheading our attack.

Can't wait to see Pittman back again too, feeding off Dykes, reckon he'll bang in some amount of goals.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yeah a deflected goal was the only difference in that game, Sarkic in goals has also looked impressive, his kicking is far better than Stewarts, and led to Dykes 2nd goal yesterday, whereas Stewarts led to Aberdeen's first goal against us a few games back, and his decision making cost us against Accies last week.

Def think we will be even better once we have a settled team with Pittman back playing and Sarkic now getting the keeper's jersey.

BIB. Was never boring watching us winning games and getting promoted ;), best season since we finished 3rd in the SPL imo, the play offs were esp unfucking real winning them. Lets be honest, nobody gave us any hope of getting a top 4 place let alone winning promotin, not even Livi fans, that season was far from boring for Livi fans.

Served us well playing the same last season too, with a few big wins, beating Hibs, Sevco, and annihilating Hearts 5-0. Also enjoying us playing a different formation and passing it out more this season though. TBh I don't really care how we set up and play, as long as we keep on pulling off good wins and stay up again.

On 07/10/2019 at 20:32, Chuck Blazer said:

Anyone got a link to the L1 trophy celebration video in the changing room with Gallagher's monstrous boab on show? Asking for a friend.  Obviously. 

Smashing day at Keaghan Jacobs testimonial today.Some nice touches from the legends.Bingham outstanding.And Keaghan made sure the legends won 5 4.Probably wont see this again,but well done to all those involved. Brilliant day.And i was there.