Livingston - all the threads merged

46 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/17929892.fact-check-livingston-premierships-dirtiest-team/

The Harald proving we're not the league's hammer throwers as Slippy G would suggest

The thing that gets me is on several occasions I've seen sevco players lying on the ground slapping the turf; I mean why?

Even at the height of my rugby playing days I never needed to do that and I still managed to come in for some pretty rough treatment. If you're hurt; why hit the ground; in rugby, if you think you've damaged something, you try to lie still until help comes so as to not make the injury worse.

To my mind the only reason for screaming about and hitting the ground is if you're trying to influence the referee perhaps into showing the other player a card or sent off?

18 hours ago, Durnford said:

The thing that gets me is on several occasions I've seen sevco players lying on the ground slapping the turf; I mean why?

Even at the height of my rugby playing days I never needed to do that and I still managed to come in for some pretty rough treatment. If you're hurt; why hit the ground; in rugby, if you think you've damaged something, you try to lie still until help comes so as to not make the injury worse.

To my mind the only reason for screaming about and hitting the ground is if you're trying to influence the referee perhaps into showing the other player a card or sent off?

Yip. Goldson did it at Ibrox last Saturday and managed to get Dykes sent off. He carried on fine after it and played on Wednesday.

With our reputation as a physical side, opposition managers will no doubt have their players told to ham these 50-50 challenges up because referees will (rightly or wrongly) potentially favour them

20 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/17929892.fact-check-livingston-premierships-dirtiest-team/

The Harald proving we're not the league's hammer throwers as Slippy G would suggest

Ridiculous headline, that sort of shite can stick and affect referees opinions with their focus more on certain teams.

The card count stat doesn't tell you much either, for example, most of Dykes bookings are for silly things, like pushing over a player when he bent down to place the ball for a free kick, or kicking the ball away when play has stopped. Those kind of booking don't back up a stat making out a team is dirty for racking up bookings. Or you get booking for hand balls, going down too easily (diving), an accumulation of niggly wee fouls (none of which are dirty or bad enough for a booking) that the ref decides needs a card to make the player stop doing them. There are a range of  bookings that don't equate to 'dirty' fouls.

The most physical team I've seen us play has been Motherwell, but again, I wouldn't call them dirty, they don't intentionally go out to injure players. Other times I think it's because of nonsense like this, branding us a physical team, that opposition managers have their player psyched up to get stuck in about us and it turns into a physical game. The likes of Pittman rarely makes a bad challenge, his game is more pressing players and forcing them into errors, without even having to put in a tackle. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

New Livi song?

To the tune of Police, walking on the moon.

Giant steps are what you take
playing on Livi's astro pitch
I hope Dykes legs don't break
we could play forever
we could play together
playing on, playing on...……. Livi's astro pitch

Gets quite catchy after singing in your head a few times, either that or i'm just on my own here.:lol:

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

New Livi song?

To the tune of Police, walking on the moon.

Giant steps are what you take
I hope Dykes legs don't break
we could play forever
we could play together
playing on, playing on...……. Livi's astro pitch

Gets quite catchy after singing in your head a few times, either that or i'm just on my own here.:lol:

f**k sake :D 

I take great pleasure in shoehorning Livi and players into songs playing on the radio. None of them are ever any good but it gets you through work and car journeys.

e.g. “Chris Erskine’s in the air, I want to see him score...tonight” to the tune of Calvin Harris/Sam Smith - Promises.

The St Mirren boys did well with the Obika.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

That's what I said when I was at the premiere of oh Livingston, on and on and on and on.....:lol:

Haha, I’m glad I was there for it! Starbeat is now the pinnacle. You can measure anything Livi related on a scale of Starlaw to Starbeat 😂

25 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Some lineup for the Livi Legends in Keaghan's testimonial game. Will be great to see some of the old faces again. Gutted there's no Fernandez or Snodgrass though

I’m sure I read that Fernandez was a scout for Man City or someone as big.

14 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Today's results went really well for us, so our game against Celtic really is a free hit for us, absolutely no pressure to get anything.

Agree L/F although i can us drop a couple of places due to our goal difference after tommorow. You just never know with this team.Heres hoping.

We’re in a ‘funny’ position.

As I’ve said a few times previously, I’ve been really impressed with how we’ve played so far. I think we’ve given every team a decent game and we haven’t faced anyone yet that I’d be worried about facing again. Our inability to put the ball in the net and letting some sloppy goals in at the other end means we are only 4 points off bottom. Strange one!

3 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

Agree L/F although i can us drop a couple of places due to our goal difference after tommorow. You just never know with this team.Heres hoping.

We can only drop one position Troy, just Accies that are on the same points as us, but 2 goals less in GD, and they play Sevco, so good chance they'll concede some goals in their game.

7 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

We can only drop one position Troy, just Accies that are on the same points as us, but 2 goals less in GD, and they play Sevco, so good chance they'll concede some goals in their game.

I bow to your superior statistical knowledge L/F.Mon the Lions.🦁