Livingston - all the threads merged

This weeks episode of TalkLivi available now...featuring an interview with Lyndon Dykes and we also reveal the next legend that will feature in Keaghan Jacobs testimonial match. 

Listen out for how you can win two tickets for that game as well. 

You can find us at all the usual places but I’ll link our website where you will find all our episodes. 

TalkLiviPodcast.Libsyn.com 

Hope you enjoy it. 

8C11B3DB-FA76-41F1-882D-6ABFD7778AD6.png

Well, I’m in the unenviable position of having been let down for a paper ticket purchase on my behalf, as recently as today. 

I registered online last night but wasn’t able to buy online as I didn’t have a purchase history with club. I am a current season ticket and fan shareholder with Livi but this isn’t connected to the online sales purchase history. I wonder if this could be sync’d in future? I’ll feed this back to the club unless someone here indicates they have 🙂

I understand why there is the barrier to purchasing tickets in the home end; whether police instruction or not. It’s unfortunate (though probably necessary) as others might not persevere as much as I will to get there tomorrrow or in future.

EDIT: got this sorted! Bring on the game!

Edited by crispy

16 hours ago, crispy said:

Well, I’m in the unenviable position of having been let down for a paper ticket purchase on my behalf, as recently as today. 

I registered online last night but wasn’t able to buy online as I didn’t have a purchase history with club. I am a current season ticket and fan shareholder with Livi but this isn’t connected to the online sales purchase history. I wonder if this could be sync’d in future? I’ll feed this back to the club unless someone here indicates they have 🙂

I understand why there is the barrier to purchasing tickets in the home end; whether police instruction or not. It’s unfortunate (though probably necessary) as others might not persevere as much as I will to get there tomorrrow or in future.

Interesting - I logged on earlier to find out how ticket sales were going and was surprised to find that it insisted I log on first before I could even see the home end - your experiences probably explains it.

Actually I was also quite surprised to see that ticket sales for the home end hadn't been exactly red hot. Section "B" is pretty much sold out as usual but there are some huge gaps in Sections A and C. It seems the betfred cup still isn't lighting the public's imagination

36 minutes ago, crispy said:

Great performance again!

I think this team might even be better than last seasons. I know we are not through the first quarter yet but I’m really happy with the indications.

I hope I don't come across as a patronising twat but you've definitely improved over last season.  I asked about Menga on our first match thread and was told by @ATLIS, "Dykes is a far better player up front. We're using an entirely new formation though" and he was right and it works.  Dykes dominated Katic at Ibrox and made Goldson and Helander look weak this evening.  If he improves his finishing he will be an excellent player for you.

19 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I hope I don't come across as a patronising twat but you've definitely improved over last season.  I asked about Menga on our first match thread and was told by @ATLIS, "Dykes is a far better player up front. We're using an entirely new formation though" and he was right and it works.  Dykes dominated Katic at Ibrox and made Goldson and Helander look weak this evening.  If he improves his finishing he will be an excellent player for you.

Don't think you're wrong at all, we've broken Menga's role down into two, one for Souda out wide and Dykes up top to hold it up. Dykes played for the occasion tonight and it showed, unlucky not to have a few sent off by just drawing fouls and chasing down. He's an athlete first and a footballer second which is why his finishing lacks a bit but can definitely be moulded into a totally complete forward. He's only 23 ffs, he's going to be absolutely huge one day. We lack a goalscorer and that's what gives me the fear, we need someone to finish. It's not wonder to see why Dobbie scored so many last season with Dykes building it up for him

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Don't think you're wrong at all, we've broken Menga's role down into two, one for Souda out wide and Dykes up top to hold it up. Dykes played for the occasion tonight and it showed, unlucky not to have a few sent off by just drawing fouls and chasing down. He's an athlete first and a footballer second which is why his finishing lacks a bit but can definitely be moulded into a totally complete forward. He's only 23 ffs, he's going to be absolutely huge one day. We lack a goalscorer and that's what gives me the fear, we need someone to finish. It's not wonder to see why Dobbie scored so many last season with Dykes building it up for him

I think Pittman would've made a huge difference in our last 3 games, he's also the midfielder you want to get onto anything inside the 18 yard box, and will get goals for us this season. Him, Souda and Lawless were excellent in a mid 3 behind Dykes, shouldn't be long till he's back playing either, thank f**k..

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I said on the match thread that I only saw the 2nd half but Souda looked a real handful and gave Tavernier a hard time.  I hadn't recalled seeing him in the league match but I looked back and he was a late sub.

I did think that Lamie was off the pace tonight, though.  Has he been injured?

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I said on the match thread that I only saw the 2nd half but Souda looked a real handful and gave Tavernier a hard time.  I hadn't recalled seeing him in the league match but I looked back and he was a late sub.

Lamie just doesn't have any pace :D Think a lot of the team are nursing through knocks at the minute, Lithgow is out so Lamie is only really filling in

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Think he picked up a knock before the league game against you. He's not managed 90 minutes in either game but with Lithgow out and Pepe our other option, I think Holt has been trying to nurse him through. Plus Devlin left him pretty exposed at times tonight...I thought he was our poorest player with so many misplaced passes. The one time did what he does best he almost scored

Edited by Cptn Hooch

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I think Pittman would've made a huge difference in our last 3 games, he's also the midfielder you want to get onto anything inside the 18 yard box, and will get goals for us this season. Him, Souda and Lawless were excellent in a mid 3 behind Dykes, shouldn't be long till he's back playing either, thank f**k..

Yeah, Crawford has filled in really well but lacks that goalscoring instinct. A few times recently he's had a chance to have a shot and he's delayed or passed the ball

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Yeah, Crawford has filled in really well but lacks that goalscoring instinct. A few times recently he's had a chance to have a shot and he's delayed or passed the ball

Crawford is really good, only criticism from me is that he has a tendency to go down easy

Can't fault Crawford last night, he put in one hell of a shift, chasing down balls and pressing players, as Hooch said though, he isn't a goal scorer and Pitts is. Good options in midfield though, Bartley, Lawson, Crawford, Jacobs, Pittman, Robinson, Souda, Lawless, some headache for Holt when they're all fit and playing well.

Just wish Sevane would make an appearance, or Lithgow was back playing so Lamie could move to LB and McMillan could switch to RB and push Devlin for his place, he was well out of it last night.

Well what can I say - I cant really criticise anyone for last nights performance. I agree with others in the thought that Crawford, so often in the past been the weak link in the midfield, was truly excellent - what he lacked in skill he made up in effort and true bl00dy mindedness.

Sarkic was impressive; if he can keep up that form he's easily ahead of Steward. 

Souda must have been a nightmare to play against; never stopped the entire game and seemed pretty gutted to be taken off late although he was clearly flagging.

It was probably also Dykes' best game for us; at times he was pretty much unplayable and needed tow defenders on him constantly. It amazes me that for such a tall guy he has such an impressive turn of speed.

Lamie played his heart out as usual but it was easy to see he was struggling particularly in the second half. That being said Pepe didn't disgrace himself when he came on either; did what he needed to do and did it well.

Bartley - well all I can say is why the hell did Hibs let him go. the boy is immense; covered every blade of grass twice and controlled things.

Now the question is once Pittman's fit who does he replace? Probably Jacobs but likewise he was also all over the place; pulling off critical tackles; steeling the ball midfield etc. 

Also amazed how well Guthrie's settled in - seems like he's been playing for us forever.

Although I've singled out some players here I think they all stepped up last night. Difficult to know what would have happened with a half competent referee though but then again this is Scottish football.

Aye Dykes is getting a lot of attention after last night's game bossing Sevco's defence, great foresight by Livi getting him signed up on an extended contract this early in the season, if he keeps improving and can bang in a few goals he'll be worth quite a few quid to us when he moves on.

What a player Dykes is, looks like a cracking piece of business.

Im not completely sold on Crawford yet, would rather have Lawson in there. I also think that Keaghan has been off the boil for the past couple of weeks. 

Really like Bartley in the team but always find it surprising that its him that is breaking from midfield and creating chances. 

Thought we were really unlucky last night, but been saying that the past few games. Hopefully we start getting the results we deserve soon, starting on Saturday. 

Didn’t think Pepe didn’t too badly at all when he came on, certainly looked a lot more focussed than any other time I’ve saw him.

Really rate Jacobs and some of his play during matches is spot on, but would like to see Lawson or Crawford take that spot for a spell.

Pittman has got to be in behind Dykes for me. I think we would definitely have got something out the last two games with him in the side.

Encouraging signs and I really hope someone is in for a doing in the coming weeks, transformation in style and the confidence to play football this season has been very impressive.

Got to say I was a bit worried before the 2 games against Sevco, I feared for our defence, but my mind has been put to rest after seeing how well we did as a team against them both home and away. I have absolutely no fears about our defence now, and that was without Lithgow playing too.

Gallagher and Halkett were big losses but we've recruited really well and have managed to form a good defence playing in a different system to last season, the whole squad looks a lot stronger than last season too. The last few weeks we've had important players out injured and others have come in and done brilliantly for us. 

Same goes for losing Kelly, Stewart has done well and going by Sakic's performance last night he looks a cracking keeper.

Stewart's done okay but my biggest criticism for him is his kicking and the fact that he often dallies too long trying to dribble the ball past an opposition player before kicking it invariably into touch or so far ahead of our front line that its gathered by the opposition keeper.

4 hours ago, Durnford said:

Stewart's done okay but my biggest criticism for him is his kicking and the fact that he often dallies too long trying to dribble the ball past an opposition player before kicking it invariably into touch or so far ahead of our front line that its gathered by the opposition keeper.

Yeah his kick out led to the Aberdeen corner they scored from.