Livingston - all the threads merged

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

What was Dykes sent off for? I was about as shocked as him being sent off as I have been with him banging in the goals. His discipline was never an issue with us.

Playing for the away team at Ibrox.

An 'elbow' according to the BBC. Looked to me like he just went up for a header and nothing else but Sportscene/other highlights should clear it up.

Playing for the away team at Ibrox.

An 'elbow' according to the BBC. Looked to me like he just went up for a header and nothing else but Sportscene/other highlights should clear it up.
Even if its ruled as though it wasnt an elbow and shouldnt have been a yellow or a red, it cant even be rescinded because it was a yellow.
Or has that rule now changed?

5 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Even if its ruled as though it wasnt an elbow and shouldnt have been a yellow or a red, it cant even be rescinded because it was a yellow.
Or has that rule now changed?

I'm sure we've appealed and won against yellow cards before, trying to remember who we got one rescinded recently (last season). Think it was against Dundee when Lawless got booked wrongly for diving when he'd been fouled in the box.

I missed the first booking as play had stopped at the time. The second one it seemed like he way just competing for the header. He was getting some joy against the CBs today.

All in all, it was a really encouraging performance in what I felt was our first real test of the season. The games can't come quick enough and looking forward to the weekend I fear we'll really miss Dykes up front. If fit, is probably our best bet at the occupier role but he obviously doesn't have the same mobility. It'll be interesting to see how we address it against the big CBs at Aberdeen.

Edited by crispy

Gary Holt mentioned in his post match press conference that they will consider appealing the second yellow card, you can hear his interview on the latest podcast.

I wasn’t aware that we could appeal the yellow myself but fingers crossed it’s a successful one if we do go ahead cos he’s been a huge player for us and will be a big miss against Aberdeen. 

25 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Gary Holt mentioned in his post match press conference that they will consider appealing the second yellow card, you can hear his interview on the latest podcast.

I wasn’t aware that we could appeal the yellow myself but fingers crossed it’s a successful one if we do go ahead cos he’s been a huge player for us and will be a big miss against Aberdeen. 

Looking forward to the hearing the guys discuss the game as we've very very little to go on due to the BBC/Ibrox situation. I was wondering if we'd appeal the sending off as it did seem like Goldson got underneath him as Dykes won the leap. To be honest, the first one was a weak booking too; I think you could flip coin on whether a ref calls that a booking, awfy soft.

Pity you can't appeal goals being disallowed and given, we'd get awarded a 2-2 draw.

Not sure Dykes deserved a 2nd yellow, but I doubt we'll get it reversed now. He should learn a lesson from it though, you can't risk a silly first yellow doing stuff like that when you're playing  against one of the erse cheeks, esp away to them, you're walking on egg shells for the rest of the game doing that.

3 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

I'll listen to it later tonight, cheers.

Don't suppose Holt mentions why Lithgow wasn't playing, or how things are going with Pittman? 

7 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'll listen to it later tonight, cheers.

Don't suppose Holt mentions why Lithgow wasn't playing, or how things are going with Pittman? 

Nah didn’t mention it, hoping both are close to returning though, big players for us ahead of a big spell in the season.