Livingston - all the threads merged

46 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Almost certainly will win the August player of the month in my opinion.

No chance he's moving unless for a bumper amount of money which I doubt Killie have at the moment.

Dunno they've all been superb, Dykes has 4 goals, Lawless 3, and Souda 2, all 3 have been brilliant up front, so has Pitts but he's not included, and Devlin has prob been our best summer signing. Fully committed too, did you see him diving forward to head the ball just before a St Mirren player was going to boot it up the pitch to start an attack against us, no fear about getting kicked in the face.

4 hours ago, Durnford said:

Both Souda and Stobbs can play as strikers although its a shame that we have Hamilton and De Vita out on loan at the moment.

Not sure if our finances will stretch to taking anyone else in. Despite our recent success we haven't notices a particular uptake on ticket sates beyond the current norm of about 1500 - 1600 in the home end. True, we are likely to see a significant increase in away supporters travelling to our ground but we cant rely on that. St Mirren brought a respectable 850 travelling  but expect the likes of Hamilton and Ross County to struggle; certainly unless they up their game.

We've built our recently success on prudent financial planning and don't want to see that go; as such the only real option is a loan deal where the parent club continues to pay most of the players wages. With Hoppy in charge we managed a couple of those off Crystal Palace; not sure what contacts Holt has in that regards.

No we didn't? Sekajja came in under Burchill (granted Hoppy was assistant) but we didn't actually make use of Hopkin's connections at all. Also, that's not really how football even works, I don't think clubs could give a f**k who you manage after you leave unless you're a genuine club legend (i.e. Liverpool with Gerrard at Rangers). 

4 hours ago, Ayrshire squirrell said:

Seemingly Kilmarnock interested in lawless.  Would this be a good move for Livingston?

Not a chance he leaves at all, you'd be talking silly money this late in the window. Has been our best player this season so even then I doubt we'd let him go.

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

No we didn't? Sekajja came in under Burchill (granted Hoppy was assistant) but we didn't actually make use of Hopkin's connections at all. Also, that's not really how football even works, I don't think clubs could give a f**k who you manage after you leave unless you're a genuine club legend (i.e. Liverpool with Gerrard at Rangers). 

Not a chance he leaves at all, you'd be talking silly money this late in the window. Has been our best player this season so even then I doubt we'd let him go.

Hopkins is still remembers with great affection by the Crystal Palace faithful - I was drinking with one on Saturday night - an old School friend whom I hadn't seen for more than thirty years and e still remembers Hopkins and his time at Selhurst Park.

Connection are very useful things; it gives you a greater chance of getting past the proverbial receptionist and actually managing to get to speak to someone with a bit more authority. Once through of course it doesn't mean your going to get a better deal than anyone else but least ways the club will have dozens of player who are probably not currently going to get a chance at even breaking into the reserves so who knows.

1 minute ago, Lord Rosebury said:

Osman Kakay has just signed for Partick Thistle. I see he was at Livy for a while.  How did he do with you? 

Had to stretch the old grey matter to recall him but if I remember right (and it's a big if) he was decent, if unremarkable, going forward and not so good defensively. He may have improved in the last few years though. Seem to remember him being quite quick too

Incidentally has anyone else noticed that the Friday Night Football on BBC Scotland seems like the Livingston Old Boys reunion.

I think in the Morton v Partick game I counted eight ex-player (including one (two if you count Miller) managers) . At the ICT I think is was slightly less because Blues wasn't playing but still a pretty impressive turn out including the much travelled White; Donaldson and Toddy.

20 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Incidentally has anyone else noticed that the Friday Night Football on BBC Scotland seems like the Livingston Old Boys reunion.

I think in the Morton v Partick game I counted eight ex-player (including one (two if you count Miller) managers) . At the ICT I think is was slightly less because Blues wasn't playing but still a pretty impressive turn out including the much travelled White; Donaldson and Toddy.

Speaking of which, has there been any indication from Livingston of Blues’ move to us being made permanent?

We’ve signed five players on loan this summer but you’re only allowed four loanees at a time, so one of them must have been made permanent and Blues or Rogers are the only realistic options.

For the record I hope it isn’t him, he’s been utter guff so far. Holt and Martindale did an impressive job on Hopkin in managing to offload both him and Van Schaik onto us.

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

Speaking of which, has there been any indication from Livingston of Blues’ move to us being made permanent?

We’ve signed five players on loan this summer but you’re only allowed four loanees at a time, so one of them must have been made permanent and Blues or Rogers are the only realistic options.

For the record I hope it isn’t him, he’s been utter guff so far. Holt and Martindale did an impressive job on Hopkin in managing to offload both him and Van Schaik onto us.

Personally I'd doubt it but I've been wrong more times than I've been right about Livi transfers so who knows.

His main contribution last season was in the Colts and reserves; this season he made a short appearance in the pre season friendly against Alloa and actually did pretty well. He'd put on weight and was a lot more physical than before hence the need to get him out for some quality game time to see if he continues to develop.

I think he joined us from Falkirk at about the same time as Sibbald which probably means he joined shortly after Hopkins had left us but he would have seen the boy playing at Falkirk so presumably could make up his own mind.

As far as Van Scheik was concerned he looked okay in the couple of minutes he came on in our draw against Celtic but he didn't make an appearance again for us. He went out on loan to Dunbarton but I believe the fans there weren't overly impressed. There are stories that he's been carrying a serious (career ending) injury for some time but I'm not sure how accurate that actually is or was.

Seeing as the transfer window SLAMMED SHUT last night... 

In (9): Marvin Bartley (Hibernian), Robbie Crawford (Ayr United), Nicky Devlin (Walsall), Jon Guthrie (Walsall), Cece Franck Pepe (Rieti), Matija Sarkic (Aston Villa , Loan), Ibrahima Savane (Beziers), Aymen Souda (Dunarea Calarasi), Jack Stobbs (Sheffield Wednesday, Loan)

Out (16):
Cameron Blues (Greenock Morton, Loan), Shaun Byrne (Dundee), Nicky Cadden (Greenock Morton), Cameron Clark (Queens Park), Callum Crane (Edinburgh City), Rafa De Vita (Partick Thistle, Loan), Declan Gallgher (Motherwell), Craig Halkett (Hearts), Jack Hamilton (Queen of the South, Loan), Liam Kelly (Queens Park Rangers), Matthew Knox (Brechin City), Dolly Menga (Atletico Petroleos, Loan), Jordan Pettigrew (Dumbarton), Carlo Pignatiello (Stranraer, Loan), Henk van Schaik (Greenock Morton), Gregg Wylde (Released)

Goalkeepers
#01 - Ross Stewart - May 2020
#26 - Matija Sarkic - May 2020 
#40 - Gary Maley - May 2020

Defenders
#02 - Nicky Devlin - May 2021
#04 - Alan Lithgow - May 2021
#05 - Ricki Lamie - May 2020
#14 - Hakeem Odoffin - May 2021
#15 - Cécé Franck Pepe - May 2021
#21 - Jack McMillan - May 2020
#27 - Jon Guthrie - May 2021
#29 - Ibrahima Savane - May 2021

Midfielders
#06 - Marvin Bartley - May 2022
#07 - Keaghan Jacobs - May 2022
#08 - Scott Pittman - May 2021
#10 - Craig Sibbald - May 2020
#11 - Steven Lawless - May 2020
#16 - Robbie Crawford - May 2021
#17 - Scott Robinson - May 2021
#19 - Chris Erskine - May 2020
#20 - Aymen Souda - May 2021
#31 - Jack Stobbs - January 2020
#33 - Steve Lawson - May 2020
#37 - Craig Henderson - May 2021

Forwards
#09 - Lyndon Dykes - May 2021
#18 - Lee Miller - May 2020
#22 - Scott Tiffoney - May 2020

Decent window for us I think, only real complaint would be lack of strikers - Dykes has impressed me so far but I don't think we'll see much of Miller this season, and Tiffoney seems more of a winger than a striker. Hopefully a decent free agent out there.

Sarkic/Stewart instead of Kelly initially looks like a downgrade but Stewart seems to be getting better as the games go by so could end up just as good if not better than Kelly was.

Savane definitely an upgrade on Crane for LB.

Nicky Devlin coming in is an excellent signing, definitely more suited to that role than Gallagher was IMO.

Halkett and Gallagher were always going to be the extremely difficult ones to replace (thought for a while it would be van Schaik getting a chance there :lol:), Pepe looks like the Dolly Menga of defenders, not sure if he's going to do something good or be a bombscare; early days for Guthrie but he looks the part.

Bartley and Crawford both in to replace Byrne is more good business, both fit in with the team very well and Crawford seems to be doing the exact job/role Byrne was playing.

Souda and Stobbs in to replace Wylde and Menga, they could both be useless and it would still be an upgrade on Wylde since there's at least 2 of them. If Souda can keep up his game longer than 60 minutes then he'll be an excellent player, add some defensive nous to his game and he'll go for about £100 million. Stobbs needs some more game time under his belt but that goal at County alone gets him a massive thumbs up from me regardless of how shite he may end up.

Dykes (despite actually being signed in January) looks like he'll be a good player for us. Whether or not Hardie could have scored more goals in his place in this system is something we won't know, but I've been really impressed with him and can see him bagging a good few more this season.

Edited by LiviLion

Stobbs is certainly looking a goal threat, wonder goal in his debut then got one cleared off the line and kneed the rebound onto the bar in his 2nd game, impressive start. Even more so since he hadn't scored a goal since he turned professional.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Looks like we are looking at bringing in at least one more in the coming days in the shape of a free agent.
Of the free agents out there Frederick Frans who we were rumoured to be willing to pay money for during the summer.
Graham Dorrans in what would probably be the last move of his career as I think hes way past it now with all of his recent injury problems. Nothing like the player he was. Was more of a winger with us but now seems to be a holding midfielder of which we dont need any more of.
Craig Curran released by Dundee. I think he fits our bill. Hes a striker/attacking midfielder. We need a striker but with also being able to play behind a striker would be an option I'd like to see.

These are obviously just the players in Scotland and we do seem to be more interested in the lower leagues in Europe mind you.

Craig Curran has looked like a donkey any time I’ve seen him, no thanks.

Somehow can’t see Frans or Dorrans joining, we’re fairly well stacked at the back and in midfield.

Really could be doing with another striker but any decent options are long gone.