Livingston - all the threads merged

Absolutely, both severely average/below average players. Hope both of those wages can help us pick up 1 more player, couple that with Dolly's wage and we've got space for another two signings or 1 big signing? 
Stevie may? [emoji23][emoji23]

39 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

May or Cummings would be marquee banter signings :D 

I cannot quite believe that he started considering Cummings as a decent signing for us 🤣🤣 Money-wise it’s a non-starter not to mention that tattoo...

2 hours ago, crispy said:

I cannot quite believe that he started considering Cummings as a decent signing for us 🤣🤣 Money-wise it’s a non-starter not to mention that tattoo...

Definitely a non-starter financially but St Johnstone pulled out the race to sign him so surely we're roughly thereabouts if that's the level? Cummings would be a ridiculously good player for us, he's about to turn 24 and has scored something like 87 in 150 appearances. Never going to happen at all but if it did I'd do unspeakable things behind closed doors to contain myself :D 

Few folk on Twitter getting excited that we could be breaking our record win today. For all the more open football we’ve been playing this season (and by extension towards the end of last year), our chance conversion is fairly miserable and I can’t see ya deviating away from 4-2-3-1 a week before the league campaign.

A thoroughly boring 2/3-0 to ensue, prove me wrong Livingston.

Agreed, I can definitely see a 2/3-0. Holt should be getting emphasising to the players before the game that a 5 goal win will guarantee us as seeds in the next round. I would hope this would lead to a fast start, a couple of goals and Berwick collapsing.

Just rewatching the highlights from Tuesday - how slow are Lamie and Stewart in reacting to the striker going past Stewart? Really poor, particularly from the goalie. 

I feel like Holt will play his starting 11 for Motherwell today but I would definitely consider giving Sarkic another shot in goals.

Would really like to see Souda, Pittman and Dykes score for confidence...Souda seems a confidence player. Dykes and Pittman look like they'll be very important for goals and link up fairly well already...Pitts needs to get his shooting boots on though

Last season the score was 2-nil with virtually the side that won promotion and today is peeing down (in case you haven't noticed).

My wish for today is a win and NO injuries.

Everything else is just window dressing - I know that if we win by a 5 goal margin it puts us into a better position in the next draw but ultimately the league is more important particularly for sides with limited budget like ours.

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

We need an actual striker.
Dykes doesnt fill me with thoughts that he is a striker.

As long as others chip in i'm not too bothered, he brings the other attacking players into play. Souda didn't score either but he provided a couple of assists and put in a good shift. Think both Souda and Dykes will get goals but they'll also help provide others.

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

We need an actual striker.
Dykes doesnt fill me with thoughts that he is a striker.

Was saying that to my mate on the way out, a goalscorer for Dykes to play behind would be lovely. Would be difficult for us to get a decent one on our budget though and, as LF says, as long as others are pitching in I'll be happy.

Away to Forfar in the League Cup, to be played Saturday the 16th August at 3pm unless it's moved for TV.

A tie we should be winning really, was actually hoping for a home tie as this one and the Motherwell game are a couple of the only games I'll get to this season :lol:

We’ve uploaded a new episode of TalkLivi, which I’m sure most of you by now know where to find the links, but if not we are on twitter and Facebook simply search for TalkLivi, we’ve posted the links. 

We recorded before the league cup draw was done but I think it’s fair to say we are all pretty happy with it. 

We’ve also updated all our art work and our crest, feel free to critique on the podcast and the new artwork. 

Cheers and enjoy. 

6A875A6F-79A6-480E-9760-1258B1B5666A.png