Livingston - all the threads merged

I’m sure some people may know, but for those who don’t there is a new Fantasy football Scotland app, I will leave the link to the app on Apple devices below, on Android just type in Fantasy football Scotland and it should pop up

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fantasy-football-scotland/id1469063365

I have created a league for all Pie and Bovril users if anyone wants to join, we already have around 30 people in the league just from the initial thread so hopefully we can get more, the code to join the league is

PRANJXBW

Hopefully we can get a good amount of people in :)

Great to win away from home for the first time in 11 months but I am concerned about the lack of clean sheets so far. At the moment, it does not look like this team will be scoring prolifically so we need to continue to keep it tight at the back.

Motherwell at home on the first day will be a very stern test.

Didn't look like much for the penalty but then lawless was fouled in the build up to stranraer's goal...swings and roundabouts. We seem to be creating plenty of chances but converting them is another story...a poacher would be nice

18 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
1 hour ago, Moonball said:

Didn't look like much for the penalty but then lawless was fouled in the build up to stranraer's goal...swings and roundabouts. We seem to be creating plenty of chances but converting them is another story...a poacher would be nice

He seems to have kicked Dykes foot rather than the ball; wasn't intentional by the looks of the players reaction but he also realised he'd given away a penalty.

To be honest it looked like Stranraer set themselves out really well to defend in depth and frustrate us but to still have a chance of a counter attack. All in all I think they'll be comfortably upper division one side this season maybe even challenging for a play-off place - but then looking at the table there are some good sides in Div 1 this season with sides like East Fife and Airdrie also pulling out some good results recently.

Certainly will be an interesting league to watch.

Pepe not in defence but we're still open to the odd bit of slackness there, prob been spoiled the last few seasons with the settled back 3 we had though, but hopefully we'll settle into having a more solid unit once everyone has had a few more games together.

Attack wise, creating plenty and scoring the odd goal, pretty much what we've done since last season, but with our defence being less solid looking it'll be a lot harder to get points unless one end starts performing better.

9 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Pepe not in defence but we're still open to the odd bit of slackness there, prob been spoiled the last few seasons with the settled back 3 we had though, but hopefully we'll settle into having a more solid unit once everyone has had a few more games together.

Attack wise, creating plenty and scoring the odd goal, pretty much what we've done since last season, but with our defence being less solid looking it'll be a lot harder to get points unless one end starts performing better.

Thought Stewart was partially to blame for their goal; he seemed to be in two minds whether to boot the ball into oblivion or wait for it to enter the area so that he could pick it up; seems like he decided on the second but got caught out.

That being said Jack McMillan could probably have done better as well (as he could have done with the Falkirk goal) but both he and Stewart are somewhat lacking in recent match experience so will hold back on blaming anyone. I want to see McMillan in particular do well; he's been with us for a few seasons but rarely got more than about two or three starts running. He's done exceptionally well out on loan and should be pushing for a first team place even as part of a solid back three. 

5 hours ago, Durnford said:

Thought Stewart was partially to blame for their goal; he seemed to be in two minds whether to boot the ball into oblivion or wait for it to enter the area so that he could pick it up; seems like he decided on the second but got caught out.

That being said Jack McMillan could probably have done better as well (as he could have done with the Falkirk goal) but both he and Stewart are somewhat lacking in recent match experience so will hold back on blaming anyone. I want to see McMillan in particular do well; he's been with us for a few seasons but rarely got more than about two or three starts running. He's done exceptionally well out on loan and should be pushing for a first team place even as part of a solid back three. 

Always remember at our POTY awards event after the Partick game, outside with McMillan, Maley and Mackin. McMillan was going on at me for about 10 minutes about how Mackin is going to tear the Premiership up :D I know they played together at Motherwell and he was bigging his pal up but ffs

27 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Always remember at our POTY awards event after the Partick game, outside with McMillan, Maley and Mackin. McMillan was going on at me for about 10 minutes about how Mackin is going to tear the Premiership up :D I know they played together at Motherwell and he was bigging his pal up but ffs

In fairness, he finished our joint top scorer although he only played for us for half the season and in that time didn't have a lot of game time...could possibly be doing with someone like him now to work off of Dykes

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Is Lawson a right back? We’re in the market for one but need to wait to see if we progress through the Betfred groups before we can spend anymore money.

Plays mostly central midfield for us but tends to play right back for Togo...can't see him going anywhere though...think there's some bedwetting from some corners of the Livi support as he hasn't been in the squad. I thought it strange at first but then was reminded he'd picked up a knock against Alloa so maybe Holt doesn't want to risk him in Betfred games...we have plenty of options in midfield as it is