Livingston - all the threads merged

30 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Yeah, excellent player and his injury was a nasty one. Didn't get much of a look-in last year, but that's because of the injury I expect. One of our top performers in the promotion season, if he can get back to full fitness it'll be a great signing for you.

Actually want his injury picked up in the first leg playoff game against Partick Thistle? Ended up out of the game for over six months I think.

8 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Actually want his injury picked up in the first leg playoff game against Partick Thistle? Ended up out of the game for over six months I think.

No, it was the second leg of the Dundee United play off at Almondvale.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

1 hour ago, orco said:

No, it was the second leg of the Dundee United play off at Almondvale.

Yep, Raffa opened the scoring against Utd in the 1st leg, so they came flying into him over by the touchline injuring him in the 2nd leg :suspect:, or am I just being cynical?

2 hours ago, Reid said:

Looks like we’ll be signing De Vita on loan. I’d imagine he’ll be a good signing if he can stay fit?

Hasn't had the chance to get match fit since his injury and operation, absolute class player with good skills, disappointed he's been put out on loan but hope he does really well at Thistle and comes back to us fully fit and raring to go.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Is there any word on the friendly that was mentioned for this weekend seeing as we're not involved in the Betfred?

Oh joy, throw in a pointless friendly (us away to Gateshead last season) so some of our players can pick up an injury in a meaningless game (Sibbald last season). We've just played 2 competitive games, and will play 2 next week, do we really need to cram in another friendly!!

49 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Oh joy, throw in a pointless friendly (us away to Gateshead last season) so some of our players can pick up an injury in a meaningless game (Sibbald last season). We've just played 2 competitive games, and will play 2 next week, do we really need to cram in another friendly!!

I wasn't suggesting it's a good idea but the club did mention it when the preseason dates were released

preseason-2019.jpg

Edited by Cptn Hooch

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I wasn't suggesting it's a good idea but the club did mention it when the preseason dates were released

preseason-2019.jpg

Yeah my post wasn't directed towards you Hooch, just dismayed at us doing this again after last season's pointless trip to play Gateshead, and don't think we really need to be playing another friendly at this point of the season, when we're already half way into the Betfred cup games.

7 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah my post wasn't directed towards you Hooch, just dismayed at us doing this again after last season's pointless trip to play Gateshead, and don't think we really need to be playing another friendly at this point of the season, when we're already half way into the Betfred cup games.

Disagree, think a friendly will let us give players a run out that wont be near the 1st team for these games. No risk in playing players like Erskine etc to get a better look at how they do in this system

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yes - the Gateshead exercise was pretty pricey for pretty much no benefit at all in my opinion.

If we were looking at giving some of the fringe player and development squad a run then maybe but most are now out on loan.

21 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Disagree, think a friendly will let us give players a run out that wont be near the 1st team for these games. No risk in playing players like Erskine etc to get a better look at how they do in this system

As long as it's local then, be like a pre season friendly reserve game. If it isn't just fringe players though then it's a stupid idea and unnecessary risk injury wise.

21 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Yes - the Gateshead exercise was pretty pricey for pretty much no benefit at all in my opinion.

If we were looking at giving some of the fringe player and development squad a run then maybe but most are now out on loan.

Yep, agree with this.