Livingston - all the threads merged

Really impressed with Souda, not as entertaining as Menga but in a way that's probably a good thing :lol: Other end of the scale would be Pepe, he didn't look comfortable for me and looked like he was quite easy to get past a couple of times, made a good recovery once or twice but generally I hope it's down to it being early in the season and he can grow into things. His main problem will be everyone comparing him to Halkett/Gallagher so he's never going to win everyone over but just looked a bit shaky today I thought. 

Interested to see what Savane brings to the team - chance it puts Lamie at CB? Good additional option to have anyway.

Collum must've been trying to keep his card count down, 2 blatant yellow card tackles by Ayr players got a talking to instead of a booking, one cynical as f**k to stop our attack, and another reckless and dangerous, couldn't believe he just blew for fouls and didn't book them.

Apart from the first few minutes we bossed the 1st half and should've put the game to bed. 2nd half Ayr were a lot better and scored a really good goal from an excellent passage of play, they looked a lot slicker than us passing it about, but were pretty lightweight physically, reminded me of us V St Johnstone when we had Scougs and McNulty, a few more physical players and they'd be a really good team. In the end delighted with the win, had my doubts on us getting the 3 points when they equalised.

Stewart looked a lot more composed at dealing with pass backs and crosses, didn't really have any shots to save but handled everything that came his way well (don't think he could do anything about their goal). Good goal by Souda too, took it really well.

Stewart - decent save in the 2nd half. Came for a high ball as well. Distribution got better as the game went on but doesnt seem to talk to his defence like Kelly did.

Devlin - maybe needs to stop going forward as much as he was blowing out his arse by the end of the game. Took Lawless out of the game a couple of times.

Pepe - not convinced. Mayne needs some confidence.

Lithgow - hes big Al. Does what he does.

Lamie - in my opinion his best performance in a Livi shirt. Solid at the back. (Motm)

Lawless - excellent ball for the 1st goal, needs a goal himself to get him started but pretty much same as last season.

Bartley - looks a very good signing, again blowing out his hoop by the end of his time on the pitch. Good work rate for sure.

Pitts - hes the Hitman. Does what he does.

Crawford - plenty of things for him to work on but could end up doing a Sibbald/Lawson and get better.

Souda - like a good Dolly Menga. Exciting on the ball at times. Very direct player. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

Dykes - a Lee Miller with legs. Convinced his goal in the 1st was onside but I was at the other end of the ground.

Subs
Tiffoney - hes brilliant. Pace for days.

Erskine - did more tonight than he did all of the time he was with us last year. Ball just sticks to his feet. Useful squad player.

Keags - came on to settle the team down and did that well. Think he should have started over Crawford but we got the win. That's all that counts.

In addition, very bad decision not to open the away stand for the Ayr fans. Some of the language and behaviour was horrid and singing about "black b******s" at the beginning of the game. Regardless of if it's an old song about Killie, still no need for that at a game against Livi with a few Black players on the pitch who may think that's aimed at them.

Collum must've been trying to keep his card count down, 2 blatant yellow card tackles by Ayr players got a talking to instead of a booking, one cynical as f**k to stop our attack, and another reckless and dangerous, couldn't believe he just blew for fouls and didn't book them.

Apart from the first few minutes we bossed the 1st half and should've put the game to bed. 2nd half Ayr were a lot better and scored a really good goal from an excellent passage of play, they looked a lot slicker than us passing it about, but were pretty lightweight physically, reminded me of us V St Johnstone when we had Scougs and McNulty, a few more physical players and they'd be a really good team. In the end delighted with the win, had my doubts on us getting the 3 points when they equalised.
Stewart looked a lot more composed at dealing with pass backs and crosses, didn't really have any shots to save but handled everything that came his way well (don't think he could do anything about their goal). Good goal by Souda too, took it really well.

In fairness, he could have booked Pepe for a wild, late tackle but didn't

Can’t get over the long ball to dykes constantly - Ayr passed the ball through us in the second half can see why they will score goals.

Bartley - slow and the long ball won’t suit him
Crawford - plenty work rate but needs on the ball more - long ball won’t suit him either looked composed on the ball and will be a good addition in the premiership -

Shades of the Falkirk game in the second half - more composure needed

Better than the Falkirk game from the midfield - work to do before the Motherwell game.

As for the Ayr fans - well done for bringing a decent away support and I think you’ll be safe this year in championship - albeit you do have a few warmers.

Ayr fans - stop eating all the pies !

31 minutes ago, Livilegends said:

Can’t get over the long ball to dykes constantly - Ayr passed the ball through us in the second half can see why they will score goals.

Bartley - slow and the long ball won’t suit him
Crawford - plenty work rate but needs on the ball more - long ball won’t suit him either looked composed on the ball and will be a good addition in the premiership -

Shades of the Falkirk game in the second half - more composure needed

Better than the Falkirk game from the midfield - work to do before the Motherwell game.

As for the Ayr fans - well done for bringing a decent away support and I think you’ll be safe this year in championship - albeit you do have a few warmers.

Ayr fans - stop eating all the pies !

Actually I'm pretty sure Ayr will be in the play-off this year as a minimum. I know the only other Championship side we've played recently was Alloa and that was friendly (10 changes each) but they were really light years ahead of that standard. For Ayr I think it will be another question of whether they can keep up that for for the entire season.

9 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Is that what you're basing your "I've heard" on?

Might just have picked up a knock the same as Sibbald. You've had Pittman leaving every season since League One, so you really need some street cred and be sure about this.

Seemed to be quite happy in having two new French speakers in the team. Described them as the "French connection" of Livingston.

I'd imagine he was a very strong part of the squad going forward unless of course we were offered silly money.

8 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Is that what you're basing your "I've heard" on?

Might just have picked up a knock the same as Sibbald. You've had Pittman leaving every season since League One, so you really need some street cred and be sure about this.

Tbf I have heard he is home sick and is looking at the possibility of a move but nothing set in stone and he very well may stay as well, so it’s all a bit up in the air atm. 

Just seen an update from Callum Carson:

Raffa de Vita signs a contract extension at Livingston and then heads out on loan to Partick Thistle for the season. Had heard wee whispers that he'd be heading out on loan. That's a decent move for him to be fair. Needs decent game time.

Shocked... but maybe not surprised.

Yeah, excellent player and his injury was a nasty one. Didn't get much of a look-in last year, but that's because of the injury I expect. One of our top performers in the promotion season, if he can get back to full fitness it'll be a great signing for you.