Livingston - all the threads merged

6 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I thought I imagined that

Aye it all seems like a faded dream/nightmare now, sometimes you are never quite sure if it really did happen, it was that crazy back then they made a clockwork orange look quite mundane.

On a complete opposite scale, the last 2 seasons have been so surreal, you almost can't get your head around how well we're doing after having ourselves in such a clusterfuck of a mess.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye it all seems like a faded dream/nightmare now, sometimes you are never quite sure if it really did happen, it was that crazy back then they made a clockwork orange look quite mundane.

On a complete opposite scale, the last 2 seasons have been so surreal, you almost can't get your head around how well we're doing after having ourselves in such a clusterfuck of a mess.

I still get slagged by my mates (ironically, most of them are Rangers fans :lol:) for "supporting a basket case club like Livingston". It's fantastic to see us being run in such a boring way that the football is the only talking point. Although the new kit might detract from that :unsure:

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Widely considered one of the best bits of transfer business St Johnstone have ever done.

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

500 + appearances and a Scottish cup between Davidson and Mackay. Sensational stuff.

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

IMG_1776.jpg.aacd7b07ca3d1311be80abea6b47e899.jpg.70abc31c6207ca3d12587e00fb171b07.jpg

Dinny....I'll greet :bairn

40 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Wasn't much better on the forums, particularly the old LiviLions one, some fecking soap opera that was when both Flynn and then Massone were in charge. Both of them came onto it trying to win over the fans, then having a slanging match when told they were talking shite.:lol:

Caused a lot of divide in the support though, and some never came back. Entertaining as f**k for other fans looking on right enough, we should've sold tickets.:jerry

I'd forgotten about the meltdown on the LiviLions website. Bl00dy hell; to think back now.

We were in the 1st Division (now championship) and still getting home crowds of between 2400 and 3000. Axctually even once we'd been demoted to the bottom tier we still managed to get good crowds; the infighting between the gang of four/five? and whatshisface (the painter and decorator) seemed to have a bigger impact on the crowds than Massone - think a lot of people had finally had enough.

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I still get slagged by my mates (ironically, most of them are Rangers fans :lol:) for "supporting a basket case club like Livingston". It's fantastic to see us being run in such a boring way that the football is the only talking point. Although the new kit might detract from that :unsure:

I feel sorry for your mates - haven't they managed to find a new club since rangers died?

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Must've been quite satisfying seeing Sevco go head first into the abyss then. :lol:

Dundee fans were full of it too, until their 2nd admin hit.:oops

6 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I feel sorry for your mates - haven't they managed to find a new club since rangers died?

Don't feel sorry for them....as they have me to be the constant source of positivity and joy in their lives :lol:

9 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I'd forgotten about the meltdown on the LiviLions website. Bl00dy hell; to think back now.

We were in the 1st Division (now championship) and still getting home crowds of between 2400 and 3000. Axctually even once we'd been demoted to the bottom tier we still managed to get good crowds; the infighting between the gang of four/five? and whatshisface (the painter and decorator) seemed to have a bigger impact on the crowds than Massone - think a lot of people had finally had enough.

Aye Midcalder Lion, only ever came on when trouble was rife. Hope we never see him again.:lol:

52 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

How much did we sell Byrne for anyone know? I’ve heard a figure and if it’s true it’s ridiculous 

Anyone who answers that is almost certainly picking a figure out of the air.

I would however imagine it was somewhere between £5k and £500k

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

10 Million?

With a sell-on %. I heard Martindale cut the “deal”.

Also, where’s this 20* goal a season striker at, he still hiding? Sneak attack.

Edited by crispy

9 minutes ago, crispy said:

I’m almost certainly regurgitating social media chat here; I thought it was 50k? 70k tops...

Heard something about £75k but cant recall where I read it - it may well have been someone on here.

On the subject I believe we also got money for Kelly from QPR although I doubt that would have been anywhere near his real value based on the fact that he exercised his exit clause.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Anyone who answers that is almost certainly picking a figure out of the air.

I would however imagine it was somewhere between £5k and £500k

There's absolutely no chance we were spending over a 100k. I'd say 75k would be absolutely pushing it as well.

Shaun (or rather his agent) triggered the release clause so was probably sold for less than his true worth.

That being said I certainly don't begrudge the guy the move; he's been through the wringer and now his life is settling down; became engaged and looking forward which is what he should do.

A great servant to the club so wish him well - although I was a little surprised he didn't go to Morton and reunite with Hopkins. 

2 hours ago, Livilion28 said:

How much did we sell Byrne for anyone know? I’ve heard a figure and if it’s true it’s ridiculous 

1 hour ago, crispy said:

I’m almost certainly regurgitating social media chat here; I thought it was 50k? 70k tops...

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Heard something about £75k but cant recall where I read it - it may well have been someone on here.

On the subject I believe we also got money for Kelly from QPR although I doubt that would have been anywhere near his real value based on the fact that he exercised his exit clause.

75k for Byrne, 50k for Kelly. 

Although we've not really saw any reinvestment of that have we?

10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

75k for Byrne, 50k for Kelly. 

Although we've not really saw any reinvestment of that have we?

Some players were given improved terms; read somewhere Pittman had been given a rise as part of his contract renegotiation. I imagine there were others as well.

Likewise Gary Holt's contract ended in the summer didn't it; I imagine an amount of £125k would be swallowed up pretty quickly here.

Incidentally has anyone seen if we're expected to provide a colts team again this season. Seem to have let a few of last seasons team go whilst others have been farmed out on loan agreements.