Livingston - all the threads merged

38 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Think its definitely at St Andrews but the real question is when. We know it's tomorrow but the time hasn't apparently been clarified 

I will pop up to the Uni sports hall shortly and ask them 

35 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Shirt colour/design? Frankly that's probably lowest in my list of priorities. I couldn't care less if they turned out in blue and pink stripes provided the team gave 100% and won more than they lost. For those that want to buy a replica top then fair enough but speaking personally I don't think I've ever owned a top that would fit me in over five decades of watching football.

Not sure Nike do a blue and pink stripe template kit...

If we did do a random pink away kit or another more outlandish design then the club could probably try and get publicity for it, see the success of some of Juventus' strips in recent years.  Picking something that is kind of close just muddies the water. 

I think the kit is symbolic of a larger problem in that there is no marketing or attempt to forge an identity. Last season on the field we had one but seemingly struggle with Livingston 'the brand'.

Game is at St Andrews University Kick off 3.00pm.

On one of the grass football pitches beside the Rugby Grand Stand.

They are known as Carnegie 1 & 2

https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/sport/facilities/outdoor/map/

https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/sport/facilities/outdoor/grasspitches/

Edited by superbigal

10 minutes ago, KingKachloul said:

If we did do a random pink away kit or another more outlandish design then the club could probably try and get publicity for it, see the success of some of Juventus' strips in recent years.  Picking something that is kind of close just muddies the water. 

I think the kit is symbolic of a larger problem in that there is no marketing or attempt to forge an identity. Last season on the field we had one but seemingly struggle with Livingston 'the brand'.

Can't argue about the marketing thing - if we could just get the 2000 that turned up for the away (Play off) game at Partick to turn up at home it would be a start.

On the strips I think our two most successful away strips in recent times have been the Barcelona and Argentina lookalikes - which probably comes as a surprise to no-one.

20 minutes ago, KingKachloul said:

Spot on pal

3 hours ago, Durnford said:

Can't argue about the marketing thing - if we could just get the 2000 that turned up for the away (Play off) game at Partick to turn up at home it would be a start.

On the strips I think our two most successful away strips in recent times have been the Barcelona and Argentina lookalikes - which probably comes as a surprise to no-one.

Definitely not :D Black away kit last year was likely one of our most popular same the away kits for Championship + League 1.

Wasn't a fan at all of those cheap knock off kits

Actually think the club has done pretty well the last few seasons in kit colours, loved the back to black theme, with AC/DC being played as the players came out too, and the Amber and Black strips last season.

Some OTT reactions from our fans about the kits this season though, getting things into perspective, on the pitch things have been fucking awesome these past 3 seasons, esp the last 2, the promotion to the Premiership took me months to get used to, still felt surreal up to January this year. I accept some fans get upset with a poor choice of kits, but come on, in the scale of things i'm bothered about, it isn't at the top.

On the footballing side of things, I hope Pittman gets allowed to push up into attack more this season, he's shown in the past he can score goals, I reckon he'd get close to 10 if played in the right position.

Still no mention from the club about Nicky Cadden moving to Morton. Guy played his part in back to back promotions and doesn't even get a little thing like a tweet to acknowledge him moving on :lol:

Edited by LiviLion

1 minute ago, crispy said:

Saw on OS page that it was currently 2-1 Livi.

i hadn’t realised that Cadden’s move hadn’t been announced by Livi. Can’t think where I saw it first.

Yep finished 2-1, Pittman and Menga with our goals.

It was announced by Morton so imagine someone posted the tweet on here.

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Nicky scored some huge goals for us as well, a couple of late late winners/equalisers too. Huge hand in us going up

He scored just the one goal in our Championship promotion season, a peach of a goal to win 1-0 against Morton if memory serves. I did a goal table that season in the Liviroom forum and I checked back cause I didn't think he had scored many goals for us. We scored 56 goals in the League and another 7 in the play offs, Hardie, Halkett and Lithgow were the main scorers but we had 17 different players scoring for us, in fact Toddy got more goals than Cadden.

You're maybe thinking of League One where he got 6 goals, and another 3 in cup games.

Tbh I don't think Nicky could cut it in the Premiership, blew hot and cold in the Championship and I think Mullin went ahead of him in team selection, still could've got a mention on the Livi website though, feck they even announced Callum Crane moving on, and I think he only played in some Betfred cup games when Kenny Miller was in charge.

3 minutes ago, crispy said:

.Longridge had that cracking 20+ yarder to get us out of a hole and I feel like he scored at least one more in that run in. Good times. And they are still going.

Yep that was in the 1-1 draw with Morton, a fortnight after the one where Cadden scored against them. Jackson scored 3 goals that season.

A good run out for players there, 21 of them, bloody hell.:lol:

BTW have we got the Utd penalty taking coach or something, that's 2 pens we've missed in these pre season games. Gonna miss Craig Halkett or taking pens, not that we get many awarded to us, but can't really afford to be missing them when we do.

Hope @LiviLion won't mind me pinching his post for an update on the squad.

GK

Gary Maley, Matija Sarkic, Ross Stewart

DEF
Nicky Devlin, Cece Pepe, Ricki Lamie, Alan Lithgow, Jack McMillan, Henk van Schaik

MID
Marvin Bartley, Cameron Blues, Robbie Crawford, Raffaele De Vita, Craig Henderson, Keaghan Jacobs, Steven Lawless, Steve Lawson, Scott Pittman, Craig Sibbald

ATT
Lyndon Dykes, Chris Erskine, Dolly Menga, Lee Miller, Scott Robinson, Scott Tiffoney

LOANED OUT

Carlo Pignatello, Jack Hamilton

NOT FEATURED IN PRE SEASON

Hakeem Odoffin, Gregg Wylde