Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

When do the kits usually get announced and unveiled, not long now till we play our first game in the Betfred cup.

14th July they were unveiled last season, the same day as the first cup game.

Guest Moomintroll
I heard it was Martindale’s decision. Pi$$ poor if you ask me. 
In this area the club is a laughing stock. When you don't have a vocal support the club can almost do anything they want to . 
Is he on the drugs rather that just selling them nowadays? Livi have had some good strips, that is not one of them.

It’s horrific, it’s not a livi kit, it will probably be marketed along the lines of, our second season in the premier league the last time round we played in white but that doesn’t make this one acceptable.

The club will undoubtedly lose money on this one, I bought both tops last year, probably won’t bother this year, the top is going to be extremely unpopular. 

38 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

It’s horrific, it’s not a livi kit, it will probably be marketed along the lines of, our second season in the premier league the last time round we played in white but that doesn’t make this one acceptable.

The club will undoubtedly lose money on this one, I bought both tops last year, probably won’t bother this year, the top is going to be extremely unpopular. 

No top has been officially announced yet. Just because someone comes on here saying a friend of a friend says its is; doesn't make it an official announcement.

No top has been officially announced yet. Just because someone comes on here saying a friend of a friend says its is; doesn't make it an official announcement.

Why would the club go to all the hassle of picking a template out the team wear catalogue for two friendly matches? The chat for the past 6 weeks or so has been that the home kit will be white, it’s all pointing towards that.

As said above, the club will lose out this year due to this. Dunno who made the call, but for all the praise and credit which has rightly been put forward for changes off the park, e.g. new surface, new dugouts, floodlight upgrade, dressing room upgrade, stuff like this just shows that we’re essentially a League 1 club punching above our weight.

The Club and the happy clappers can come out with all they want that they need fans to volunteer etc. but I’ve lost count how many times folk with even a modicum of marketing/advertisement/media knowledge have offered their services (all of the time free) and nothing’s ever really changed.

Really dispiriting as for all our progress on the park and largely off it it’s daft shit like this that will really hold us back in the long-term.

Financially we've never been a League One/1st div club, and could never sustain ourselves at that level while playing at our current ground. Anyway, as was said a few times by folk, not that bothered as long as one of the kits is Amber, or Black even (like our back to black season), hopefully it will be.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Unless I’m being whooshed quite considerably I have it on pretty good authority our home top will be all white, given there are pictures of us playing in an all white kit in Budapest, I think it’s quite reasonable to say that is probably the kit. 

If it’s not I’ll hold my hands up but if we have a predominately white kit of any sort it’ll not be a winner for many fans. 

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

Unless I’m being whooshed quite considerably I have it on pretty good authority our home top will be all white, given there are pictures of us playing in an all white kit in Budapest, I think it’s quite reasonable to say that is probably the kit. 

If it’s not I’ll hold my hands up but if we have a predominately white kit of any sort it’ll not be a winner for many fans. 

You may be right Andy; I don't know one way or the other. All I'm saying is its customary to wait for the verdict before hanging the accused. 

For the last couple of seasons the team seem to have played in last seasons kit; in fact the only time I can recall when that wasn't possible was when there was a change of sponsor.

The kit for the Paksi game had an iron on badge and number on the shirt; nothing else as far as I am aware.

The idea of a predominately white home kit isn't exactly new however seeing as how our second season in the SPL had that white "Intelligent Finance" and that was awful with the salmon coloured wings and orange shorts but we survived (just).

Also we've quite often had an white away kit and, other than the 2015/16 (Argentina) white and pale blue top, none of them have been "sellers".

I don't care as much as other people do but the club have time to recover this if they have a black or yellow/amber kit as the current 'away' effort and make the switch. I even think white and orange would have been acceptable as a home kit as a homage to the 2002/3 shirt. This white and gold effort looks very tacky and has really no redeeming features.

2 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Our entire stadium is decked out in Amber and Black. Why on earth would we swap to White?
#whiteisshite
IMG-20190704-WA0003.jpg

Main sponsor will still be Tony Macs. They signed a 3 year deal as main sponsors last season, they have two seasons to run as front and centre kit sponsorship. I imagine PD will be above the number on the back? 

Main sponsor will still be Tony Macs. They signed a 3 year deal as main sponsors last season, they have two seasons to run as front and centre kit sponsorship. I imagine PD will be above the number on the back? 
Phoenix drilling were announced as main kit sponsor earlier...

53 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:
1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Phoenix drilling were announced as main kit sponsor earlier...

From the conversations I've heard, they're happy to wait until the third year for main sponsorship. We can't exactly cancel the deal with TM because we got offered more money

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

From the conversations I've heard, they're happy to wait until the third year for main sponsorship. We can't exactly cancel the deal with TM because we got offered more money

Anything can happen at Livingston. Nothing surprises me.

My view; the closed season is a hard one to bare and its totally understandable that people get frustrated; lack of news and even lack of decent rumours; I personally check the official site; Callum Carson and others for any crumb of information maybe once an hour and I imagine I'm not the worst here.

What we do know; well in my personal opinion I think Cécé Franck Pepe is more than a replacement for Gallagher. Declan was a good defender but his temperament could be a bit suspect at times, not a problem when Halkett was around but in the last few games he sailed very close to a red card.

The right back / wing back position is,  after many years, looking incredibly strong with lots of options.

On the left back, well that's still a bit questionable. I like Lamie but he doesn't have the speed to keep bombing up and down the wing and, if we're looking at Lithgow continuing with the captain's armband, then he will probably need to move to a more central role. Van Schaik looked okay for the brief time I saw him but I believe he's right sided; as is McMillan.

Midfield - even with the loss of Byrne  I think we've significantly strengthened with a huge number of options. Some of the guys we've brought in as excellent additions; just a matter of how they fit in.

Up front's still a bit of a question; both Dykes and Tiffoney have shown promise but its really too early to say. Miller's good but not terribly mobile; more as a foil for others to feed off. Attacking midfielder such as Robinson; Lawless and Menga will liven things up but are probably only good for a couple of goals per season each. Without Halkett's contribution this season its a real make-or break situation.

It is good to see that the club are still running the rule over a number of trialists; still keeping options open. I kind of hope we don't go and sign any more midfielders though. 

Commercially we seem to have been doing okay despite the small crowds. Certainly the current band are leaps and bounds ahead of the gang of five or Massone/Flynn/Keane however the legacy of those previous groups still lingers. The agreement Flynn signed over the housing development has severely limited our ability to market the club in the actual area; also cancelling the option of using the ground for non-football events.

There's a lot to be said for living within your means now; if that means the club is "unfashionable" and unable to compete with other clubs offerings with regard to wages then so be it. Fortunately our management team seem to be able to make maximum benefit from funds they have available meaning that we continue to be able to punch above our weight; we're still in the premiership despite many "pundits" predicting we'd be favourites for the automatic relegation spot.

What happens for the coming season; well I still have a local team and they're playing football I enjoy to watch. If the opposition don't enjoy it then I'm sorry but I wont be losing any sleep. We've lost some friend but hopefully we'll make more; good to see we've been breaking the mould of only offering one-year contracts on player; a strategy which is starting to show benefit as we actually got a fee for at least two (maybe three - don't know about Kelly) of the players that left.

Concerns - well other than the turnover of some key members (particularly Halkett) I am still concerned that we no-longer have a proper youth system (unless someone can inform me differently).

We wont necessary be able to benefit from the mythical new-team bonus where established teams don't know what to expect. We did really well with the three at the back and two wing-backs formula last season but, after Christmas, I started to think we'd been sussed-out particularly when we pushed our big central defenders up for throw-ins / corners. After being caught out a couple of times it was like they weren't fully committed to the account and were wary not to get too far forward in the event of a counter attack.

Shirt colour/design? Frankly that's probably lowest in my list of priorities. I couldn't care less if they turned out in blue and pink stripes provided the team gave 100% and won more than they lost. For those that want to buy a replica top then fair enough but speaking personally I don't think I've ever owned a top that would fit me in over five decades of watching football.

13 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Does anyone know for sure if the game v Tranmere tomorrow is at St Andrews where they are camped ?  or at Livingston ?

Think its definitely at St Andrews but the real question is when. We know it's tomorrow but the time hasn't apparently been clarified