Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, Afro said:

IMG_1443.jpg

Can’t believe we’ve went from last year’s belters by FBT to this tinpot shite from Nike’s catalogue.

Evidently nobody at the club has read up about brand identity, or how to build it.

Where did you hear this is out kit?

4 minutes ago, Afro said:

Nike is good quality gear but I’m perplexed why we’ve opted for white and gold as the home colours this season. Even swapping the gold for amber would’ve been (loosely) reminiscent of the 02/03 kit. Especially given that we’re still relatively young for a football club, constantly changing home colours isn’t conducive to building a strong brand or visual identity.

I agree; even Alloa's kit is similar from one season to the next - that being said I'll wait until the official announcement before I start getting hot and bothered.

Where did you hear this is out kit?

Seen this posted on the Facebook group, couple of guys out in Hungary for the friendly today and the squad is wearing it.

Photo up as well of Lamie wearing it during the game. Not fussed if it’s the away kit but by all accounts this is our “home” kit.

Livi can GTF. Shocker of a kit. Hopefully fans make their displeasure well voiced and make a good fuss about it to avoid it ever happening in the future again. Black & Amber is the way forward for Livi. 

1 hour ago, Afro said:

Seen this posted on the Facebook group, couple of guys out in Hungary for the friendly today and the squad is wearing it.

Photo up as well of Lamie wearing it during the game. Not fussed if it’s the away kit but by all accounts this is our “home” kit.

There's a chance it's a placeholder if there's no sponsor on it.

4 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Wouldn't mind it as an away kit. I wonder if this could be sponser related.

I heard it was Martindale’s decision. Pi$$ poor if you ask me. 

In this area the club is a laughing stock. When you don't have a vocal support the club can almost do anything they want to . 

FFS - people do get themselves into high dudgeon over a mock up kit for a one off game

If you look at the sample of videos from the boot camp you'll see a variety of interviews etc. with the boys wearing a variety of tops (perhaps because the temperature was consistently in the mid thirties and weren't able to follow the usual tradition or wearing thr same top for an entire week before turning it inside out) . A lot of the training tops seemed to also carry the Nike logo.

Look at the tops in the Paksi FC match report and tell me on what planet was that ever an official top. Also not that, although Paksi turned up in dark grey kit, they all wore light coloured training tops to try and reflect the power of the sun despite the potential colours clash.

Paksi's match report http://paksifc.hu/news.php?extend.8429.12

(you can right click the page and select translate but they obviously didn't know any of the Livingston players names)

There seem to be two faces in there that I don't recognise.

Incidentally whilst I was looking for this link I was amazed at the amount of gambling on on this friendly game.

FFS - people do get themselves into high dudgeon over a mock up kit for a one off game If you look at the sample of videos from the boot camp you'll see a variety of interviews etc. with the boys wearing a variety of tops (perhaps because the temperature was consistently in the mid thirties and weren't able to follow the usual tradition or wearing thr same top for an entire week before turning it inside out) . A lot of the training tops seemed to also carry the Nike logo.

Look at the tops in the Paksi FC match report and tell me on what planet was that ever an official top. Also not that, although Paksi turned up in dark grey kit, they all wore light coloured training tops to try and reflect the power of the sun despite the potential colours clash.

Paksi's match report http://paksifc.hu/news.php?extend.8429.12

(you can right click the page and select translate but they obviously didn't know any of the Livingston players names)

There seem to be two faces in there that I don't recognise.

Incidentally whilst I was looking for this link I was amazed at the amount of gambling on on this friendly game.

Seems Girch, Souda and Sylla are the trialists names 

50 minutes ago, Durnford said:

If you look at the sample of videos from the boot camp you'll see a variety of interviews etc. with the boys wearing a variety of tops (perhaps because the temperature was consistently in the mid thirties and weren't able to follow the usual tradition or wearing thr same top for an entire week before turning it inside out) . A lot of the training tops seemed to also carry the Nike logo.

The lack of numbers on the shorts is the only thing giving me hope at the moment.

39 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Seems Girch, Souda and Sylla are the trialists names 

Would guess at Charlie Birch (left back - Carlisle United), Aymen Souda (striker - AFC Dunarea Calarasi), and Salimo Sylla (left back - Xanthi).

That's based on absolutely nothing other than googling the (probably misspelled) names on the match report. Didn't check what would come up if I looked for Tacobs, Rittman, and Cranford mind.

Spotted that Livi are 8/1 to finish bottom (compared to 2/1 or 3/1 for the other main contenders).
Seems quite a big price for something that is a reasonable possibility.
I mean that with no disrespect, just seems a bit on the big side.

9 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Spotted that Livi are 8/1 to finish bottom (compared to 2/1 or 3/1 for the other main contenders).

Cheers.:lol:

1 hour ago, Mitch said:

Absolutely no idea what we’ll be like this season. To lose arguably the best Cb in the league last season, and another 2/3 of your best players is pretty hard to overcome. Just got to hope we’ve scouted well and signed the right replacements. So yeah, 8/1 is a pretty big price 

7 hours ago, crispy said:

This sounds ridiculous. Where did you hear that? 

I heard it was Martindale’s decision on the kit.

He was doing the “deal” with the supplier. 

Why is it rediculous?

1 hour ago, Livi said:

I heard it was Martindale’s decision on the kit.

He was doing the “deal” with the supplier. 

Why is it rediculous?

Why "deal" in quotes?

We have a deal with the supplier; it was announced weeks/months ago. 

That being said I doubt very much that the colour/design chosen from a huge range of possible designs matters two hoots to the supplier so long as they supply the kit.

Choice of strip is a decision made by several departments but most so by the marketing department nowadays; it needs to be a design that suits the advertisers logo etc. without detracting from the overall message (i.e. not too busy etc. unless there's a plain strip of material under the logo but that adds additional cost and damages the effectiveness of the top.

19 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Choice of strip is a decision made by several departments but most so by the marketing department nowadays; it needs to be a design that suits the advertisers logo etc. without detracting from the overall message (i.e. not too busy etc. unless there's a plain strip of material under the logo but that adds additional cost and damages the effectiveness of the top.

You think we have a marketing department?