Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, Livilion28 said:

It’s all about how the new players come in and replace the 4 players we have lost for me. The players that have left were all massive players last season and by what I’ve heard they were big characters in changing room to.

Hopefully the trip away in Hungary will create a new bond between the new players and old alike.Still feel we need a proven striker to bolster our attack,dont think we are strong enough up front yet which is a wee bit worrying. Still one can but hope.🦁

11 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

Hopefully the trip away in Hungary will create a new bond between the new players and old alike.Still feel we need a proven striker to bolster our attack,dont think we are strong enough up front yet which is a wee bit worrying. Still one can but hope.🦁

100% troy.

Yeah Dykes is in but he"s more of a set up man rather than an out of out striker.

We're crying out for a guy who knows the way to the back of the net.

Last season we squeezed by in that regard,will be tough to do it a 2nd time though.

Edited by Whitburn Vale

12 minutes ago, Chuck Blazer said:

Any chance we'll stretch the budget to sign Shankland

He's a free agent now isn't he?

Somehow I suspect there'll be clubs with bigger budgets than ours after him; I'd bet on either of the Dundee clubs.

The draw of playing in the top flight might help us attract players, but we've lost a few (Byrne, Mullin, Longridge) that went for bigger wages in a lower league, so who knows. 

Our strong defence made us less reliant on a regular goal scorer last season, with us losing 3 key players in that area it looks like we'll need to be a bit better up front this season. We also got a lot of points from the top 6 teams, and struggled more against bottom 6 teams, so there is room for improvement in getting points from the teams around us.

Shankland would be perfect, hopefully we're in for him and he'll plump for us because Crawford is already at the Maracanã. An outside chance but he'll maybe not fancy any of the offers and decide we're a better shop window. 

There is absolutely zero chance of Shankland signing for Livingston.

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There is absolutely zero chance of Shankland signing for Livingston.

You could mention any name and the Livi fans will lap it up tbf. Folk were convinced we were signing David Vanecek last week :lol:

Bet you'd have said the same thing about Devlin.:guinness

It’s not that much of a bizarre transfer. He’s a bottom 6 standard player.

I very much doubt Livi will be able to compete with the other clubs mentioned.

Matthew Knox appeared in a friendly for us today and looked excellent at linking up play and bringing others into the game when he came on.

What happened to him though? I seemed to recall Liverpool, Man Utd and Rangers all looking at him just a couple of years ago..?

How would he be in League 1, do you know?

Thanks in advance.

Matthew Knox appeared in a friendly for us today and looked excellent at linking up play and bringing others into the game when he came on.

What happened to him though? I seemed to recall Liverpool, Man Utd and Rangers all looking at him just a couple of years ago..?

Thanks in advance.
Attitude stinks...struggled to get into a poor Berwick rangers team last season...maybe he realises this is a last chance for him to kick his career on

4 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Thanks in advance.

Absolute stinker of a player. Shite attitude, no end product. Could barely break into a Berwick team that got papped out the league system. Avoid at all costs. 

Was only linked with those clubs as his dad has someone that works at Daily Record peddle stories about him as a wonderkid and from there clubs thought he was good. 

Called a ref a "fucking wee poof" and got sent off in a reserve game, stormed out the stadium and was essentially told he'd never play for us again. Avoid at all costs and let the wee cretin rot. 

Not true at all what is been said above? I heard he’s asked to leave to try and break into a first team as his chances at livi we’re going to be very limited. We should have let the kid go when rangers bid for him. Good player just needs to get confidence back 

6 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

Not true at all what is been said above? I heard he’s asked to leave to try and break into a first team as his chances at livi we’re going to be very limited. We should have let the kid go when rangers bid for him. Good player just needs to get confidence back 

Was at the game, heard it. Absolutely the case. Few other people can verify