Livingston - all the threads merged

3 hours ago, crispy said:

I wonder how the costs stack up... develop your own or pick up those released from bigger clubs?

I mean you probably have to pay these guys £250-400 p/w to give them minimum wage for full time. Say we drop 6-10 of these players that will never really break through there's between £1950-3250 per week that we save. Would give us a lot more depth or just better value elsewhere 

Yea, I guess it’s only natural to question it when you see other clubs having purple patches in terms of the youth coming through. Appreciate it must take a  fair scouting/investment otherwise clubs would be churning out great players all the time.

16 minutes ago, crispy said:

Yea, I guess it’s only natural to question it when you see other clubs having purple patches in terms of the youth coming through. Appreciate it must take a  fair scouting/investment otherwise clubs would be churning out great players all the time.

From what I can see we have a pretty clear transfer policy right now though, nearly all of our signings so far have been 23-26, on the cusp of the peak of their career. These guys will either do brilliantly well and look to move on (getting us a good fee) or not make it. That's the gamble with most players, that they wont cut it. Having these players on 2 year deals with the option of us activating a third year deal will be vital, I can imagine as soon as a team shows interest we activate that clause and ask them to pay double the fee. 

I think the club is doing pretty well in a transitional period, if we stay up this season we'll be pretty comfortable financially and have the bit more experience. The longer we survive at this level will determine where our standing is when we drop to the Championship. If we get another 2/3 seasons at this level and the money involve + parachute payments but go down, surely we'd need to think of ourselves as a team challenging for promotion/winning the league. 

I think if and when we do drop to the Championship it'll be a weird summer prior to it, no one will really know what the expectations are. Surely we wouldn't settle for the old Championship mantra of just trying to stay up

23 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 12:55, Livi said:
Last I heard there was a chance it could be white emoji20.png WTF..?

That's what I've heard...not sure if that was home or away though

I had heard it was white for the home strip may have changes tho.?

Btw has this one season in the Premiership cleared your debts? 

An amazing achievement by Hopkin getting Livingston into this league. 

Holt did a really good job keeping you up which financially is just a good job as Hopkin getting you up.

Signed on as main sponsors alongside Tony Mac's as far as I know, TM only signed a three year deal last season. Maximising revenue with a huge deal is pretty good for us. Can only assume they're going to be secondary sponsors until the last year where they take over from Tony Mac's in the 20/21 season. 

Confirmed that we've got a sell on fee in the deal for Kelly. Best place for him to go for us, good season there and it's not outside the realms of possibility that he goes for anywhere between 7-20m especially given his age and that he'll be the Scotland keeper in no time. Any deal will probably net us 1m+ which is huge, equivalent of about an extra 3.3k season ticket holders. Kelly will absolutely be 1st choice down there without a doubt. 

Announcement tomorrow from the club regarding a player leaving though... can only assume it's Byrne or Pittman. Either that or we're shocked to Holt going to Killie! If any of them go you'd assume we get a fee in which can always bolster the squad a fair bit

Byrne would be my guess as he fell out the team in the latter half of the season, but offers for Pittman have been on the table a few times, too good an offer for Pittman could sway the club.

I hope we keep both as we need as strong a squad as possible.

I would like to know the real story with Byrne I’m not believing he’s just fell out of the team when up until his sending off he started every game snd played nearly every minute. Arguably one of our most valuable players. I really hope he stays. 

2 hours ago, Livilion28 said:

I would like to know the real story with Byrne I’m not believing he’s just fell out of the team when up until his sending off he started every game snd played nearly every minute. Arguably one of our most valuable players. I really hope he stays. 

Apparently he's requested a transfer every window since we got promoted since League 1 through his agent...

Edited by ATLIS

On the whole agent thing, should players really need them?

Do you want to play for us?

Aye.

We’ll pay you X.

Awrite (or naw).

Cool. See you at training.

Cheers, looking forward to getting started.

How hard is it? Can’t be anymore difficult than finding a job; you are effectively head hunted.

Edited by crispy

Apparently he's requested a transfer every window since we got promoted since League 1 through his agent...
I don't know how true that is. However, if that's the case then get rid IMO. We've had a good recent record of only having players who want to be here.