Livingston - all the threads merged

7 hours ago, JohnnyReggae said:

Second Season Syndrome Awaits for Meadowbank Ferranti methinks.

I presume the measure of this will ultimately be a worse league placing (lower than 9th). Losing 3 of 4 from one of the best defensive units in the league will likely see us concede more and the loss of 2 of 3 tied top goalscorers (=7 goals) means we might score less. Based on this, I certainly wouldn't be surprised with lower than 9th in 2019/20. That said, pre-season recruitment is unlikely to be finished and we've a decent track record with it in recent years.

Though when potentially more than half the team is changing (e.g. Stewart, Devlin, Pepe, Bartley, Tiffoney, Dykes, STR) I am questioning whose second season it actually is - second season for Holt's tactics, maybe?

Edited by crispy

50 minutes ago, JohnnyReggae said:

For Second Season Syndrome read down like a stone.

I agree that we have to consider that relegation is again a possibility; Partick are a great example having gone from top 6 to relegation in  one season.

Hearing holt has ruled himself out of the killie job.loving life at livi and wants to focus on the job repay the faith the club has shown in him

The faith? What faith is that? Not sacking him for doing nothing wrong?

ITKAF though.

In the interest of a fresh, pre-season filler post; is there anyone from the ‘youths’ that we should be watching out for? I know we are no longer running the youngest age groups but we have some guys in the reserves who haven’t established themselves in the first team yet, right?  

15 minutes ago, crispy said:

In the interest of a fresh, pre-season filler post; is there anyone from the ‘youths’ that we should be watching out for? I know we are no longer running the youngest age groups but we have some guys in the reserves who haven’t established themselves in the first team yet, right?  

Most of the young guys in the reserves have been released, follow a few on Instagram and they all seem to be finding new clubs or stating they're off for a 'new challenge'