Livingston - all the threads merged

8 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I get that these videos are edited to make the player look fantastic but he seems to have the right attributes about him to replace Halkett...strength, pace, an eye for a pass and isn't afraid to get hurt....not so sure about the grabbing of the opponent's throat though....still looks a good signing I reckon

The throat grab sequence at 3:03 is defo a highlight - was slightly concerned that he instigated it though :lol:

That's 2 defender's in now in as much days which is good after the loss of Halkett and Gallagher.

But we are desperately needing a goalscorer,Dykes is more of a set-up man and would be a great foil for someone who knows the way to the back of the net,just like he was with Dobbie.

Edited by Whitburn Vale

6 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

That's 2 defender's in now in as much days which is good after the loss of Halkett and Gallagher.

But we are desperately needing a goalscorer,Dykes is more of a set-up man and would be a great foil for someone who knows the way to the back of the net,just like he was with Dobbie.

I still reckon Dobbie would be a shout for us...works well with Dykes and over 30 goals last season for a struggling QoS side is phenomenal. Think the stumbling block would be that he's contracted another year though.

1 hour ago, Whitburn Vale said:

I'm pretty confident the management will have identified this (not meant to sound cheeky) and I expect that there is something in the pipeline; we  are all chasing that goalscorer though and, with our budget, I'm prepared for us not finding a goal machine. A bit of signing news like this is exciting though!

Edited by crispy

37 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I still reckon Dobbie would be a shout for us...works well with Dykes and over 30 goals last season for a struggling QoS side is phenomenal. Think the stumbling block would be that he's contracted another year though.

Dobbie has said numerous times that he wouldn't leave QOS for any team. 

5 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Yeah, there's absolutely no chance of us signing Dobbie. He doesn't want to leave QoS. He's not been in that league for so long because he's been short of offers. Literally the only club he'd leave for would be Rangers.

I didn't mention them( sevco) because they don't count.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Other stumbling blocks include that he doesn't want to leave, and if he did he could go to a better team than us, and we wouldn't be able to afford him ;)

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

1 hour ago, Menga Bus said:

Dobbie is on far more than we can afford, I’m sure queens have a local business that chips in for his wage. That’d be the dream though, dobbie and dykes, frightening 

Rumour goes hes on £2.5k a week, before bonuses.

5 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

No Keags or Byrne? Lamie?

Lamie not good enough to start IMO, Byrne will be away I think and Keags will play rotation from the bench (I'd say those three are better than Keags)

53 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Next priorities are a left-back and goalkeeper.

Think any keeper we sign will just be a back up tbh, apparently they rate Stewart high enough for him to be first choice

On the discussions above: 

Lawson - he’s shown some energetic bursts and I think he might be better up the park in Pitts position, but Pitts plays there so no Lawson

Stewart - not seen enough but, hey, he did save that (bad) penalty, and I don’t remember Kelly  appearing as good as he was last season; obviously need to bring in competition here

Lamie - I like him going forward and generally winning headers, not sure about him on the deck and when people get in behind; agree we need to bring in competition here

Byrne - looks a contractual impasse so I expect he’ll be away

Keaghan/Bartley - it would seem they will vie for the destructive midfielder role, haven’t seen much of Bartley

Pepe, Devlin - keen after getting sucked in by the highlights reels :P

Dykes - comes with a good rep.; haven’t seen enough to know if he can cut it in Prem

Edited by crispy