Livingston - all the threads merged

There must be some sort of clause in his contract , maybe same as what Kelly had? I don’t understand fans saying he couldn’t get in team near end of season. I think there has been a contract issue for few months and that’s more the reason Byrne had a spell out team. When he was available he played every game for the club in the last 3 seasons. Also one of our most valuable players. I really hope he stays and gets it sorted out.

19 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

There must be some sort of clause in his contract , maybe same as what Kelly had? I don’t understand fans saying he couldn’t get in team near end of season. I think there has been a contract issue for few months and that’s more the reason Byrne had a spell out team. When he was available he played every game for the club in the last 3 seasons. Also one of our most valuable players. I really hope he stays and gets it sorted out.

Yea, I’m a big fan of Byrne. I thought the reason he was out of the team was because of his sending off against Dundee. I thought it was telling that he played at Celtic Park. I wonder if anyone came in for him in January and it’s possibly unsettled things.

Guest Moomintroll
He would seem to be a very good fit for Livi, based on his previous indiscretions.
Is he involved in industrial scale drug trafficking as well, *ahem*, allegedly?

4 hours ago, harry94 said:

Pretty odd but that Byrne to Dundee story is back in our local press.

Is there a release clause or something? Even then, it seems ridiculous to consider he'd drop a league when you'd think other top flight teams or sides down south would meet it if we could.

No release clause but apparently the player wants to move for more money. We've told him to sign an extension (1 year left on current deal) or move this window so we get cash + sell on for him. I think the club are looking for 100-250k for him as far as I know

Hope Byrne stays but imo it wont be as big a miss as it would if he'd gone last season, esp with Bartley signing. Can't see Piitman going anywhere, he seems really settled and had the chance to move to Aberdeen last season and didn't, he's a bit more important a player for us than Byrne, losing both of them would be as bad as losing Halkett and Gallagher but I think we'll cope if Pittman stays.

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Hope Byrne stays but imo it wont be as big a miss as it would if he'd gone last season, esp with Bartley signing. Can't see Piitman going anywhere, he seems really settled and had the chance to move to Aberdeen last season and didn't, he's a bit more important a player for us than Byrne, losing both of them would be as bad as losing Halkett and Gallagher but I think we'll cope if Pittman stays.

I reckon weve enough in reserve for the midfield positions. Its our defence and up front we really should be concentrating on imo.Still would be a shame to see Sean go as well.Big job ahead for Gary to even try to replicate last seasons succsess. I wish him well.

Really is puzzling to see Gary Fraser training with us, if the club is shopping in League 2 (bottom six sides too) then that seems fairly dire. I know Pittman came from the Juniors but so did Sheerin. Don't think we need another midfielder as well. Can only hope he knows someone and is getting fitness up as a favour.

Although not sure how he's training with us when the squad isn't even back yet

Good afternoon lads. We've signed goalkeeper Jordan Pettigrew who formerly played for you lot. I'm aware he didn't make a first team appearance, but I'm assuming he made a good few U20s appearances so...erm, any good?

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Good afternoon lads. We've signed goalkeeper Jordan Pettigrew who formerly played for you lot. I'm aware he didn't make a first team appearance, but I'm assuming he made a good few U20s appearances so...erm, any good?

Looked like a steady keeper probably do well at league 1 level 

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Watched him at reserves all season when he played, seems really shaky. Prone to a few mistakes and isn't too good with his feet. Decent shot stopper but that's about it I'd say. Definitely was never going to make the cut here

Edited by ATLIS

1 hour ago, Liviguy said:

Looked like a steady keeper probably do well at league 1 level 

43 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Watched him at reserves all season when he played, seems really shaky. Prone to a few mistakes and isn't too good with his feet. Decent shot stopped but that's about it I'd say. Definitely was never going to make the cut here

Well I'm totally reassured by those comments.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Only watched a couple of the reserve games and thought he looked fine. We won the reserve league anyway so he couldn't have been that bad. 

I refuse to believe that he can be any worse than Grant Adam.