Livingston - all the threads merged

50 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:
20 hours ago, ATLIS said:
Knox officially away, thank f**k. Should've took the money when we had the chance

Where is the confirmation of this?

He posted on his Instagram "Had a great 9 years @livingstonfootballclub with a lot of memories. Couldn't have asked for a better group of lads to play football with every day and I wish them all the very best!! Excited to move on to the next chapter."

6 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Thank feck.
Utter pish.
Called a ref a "fucking poof" during a reserve game, got sent off and was instantly told he would never play for us again.

Good riddance to the wee fanny.

I was at that game as well, he came off the pitch and stormed out the stadium like a wee fanny. Huge disappointment of a player but genuinely never looked that good

Just now, LogieLivi said:
3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:
I was at that game as well, he came off the pitch and stormed out the stadium like a wee fanny. Huge disappointment of a player but genuinely never looked that good

Reportedly squared up to the ref after the game as well.....

He's honestly such a wee idiot. Wonder what team he'll end up at

12 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Might've been worth a punt if we were still in the championship. Not now though, we can do better. At 22 he's not exactly a baby either.

Can we though, he'd only need to score 8 goals to be as good a striker as we've had the last 2 seasons. Scott Pittman was playing in the juniors at that age, so I wouldn't base anything on him not being a youngster anymore, he's still developing and could improve enough to cut it at this level.

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

He was almost completely anonymous against us in both legs. The only thing of note he did was blow a one on one, not even hitting the target. Given how poor our defence has been this season it speaks volumes that he never looked like scoring.

You don't score that many goals being shite, but I think it would be too big a jump for him at this time. And if he would be partnering Dykes then I could guarantee Livi wouldn't be scoring many goals via their strikers.

Tiffoney seems to have come on a good bit this season, i'm sure we could bring him on in much the same way. I doubt very much we can afford the finished article and get a proven goal scoring striker at this level, whoever we sign it'll be a bit of a punt into the unknown. Either a foreigner, a youngish plyer, or someone with something to prove after not making it for whatever reason.

2 hours ago, crispy said:

Already getting restless at lack of games and transfer announcements. It's gonna be a long summer... Hopefully extend contracts for Kelly, Tiffoney, Lawless etc.

First games will be about 13th of July, so a month and a half to wait :D Which means within the next month we should have a good few signings in.

Apparently Kelly has been told to sign or he's not getting a game, as we don't want to be in a position where he leaves on deadline day and we have no replacement. So hopefully that's sorted asap

On 22/05/2019 at 17:24, ATLIS said:

First games will be about 13th of July, so a month and a half to wait :D Which means within the next month we should have a good few signings in.

Apparently Kelly has been told to sign or he's not getting a game, as we don't want to be in a position where he leaves on deadline day and we have no replacement. So hopefully that's sorted asap

Helpful insight, cheers.

We've made an offer to Blair Spittal apparently. I think we're making offers to every Partick player available other than the one we actually want. 

Also, is there a reason we're trying to sign 1200 midfielders?

Edited by thruthenight

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

Also, is there a reason we're trying to sign 1200 midfielders?

I imagine we're looking to offload some as well.

I think I'm right in saying that one of the Livi fans on here may be appearing on The Terrace tonight? Looking forward to that.

In the spirit of absolute close season filler posts...

How big a squad do you think we need? 

Players can obviously cover more than one position, so possibly oversimplifying, but as minimum:

2*GK

2*LB/LWB and RB/RWB

3*CB

4*CM

2*LM and RM

3*strikers

= matchday 16

I’d say a few more to cover injuries so 20/21; however the boys failing to make bench/in the wilderness won’t be happy.

Ps. Im expecting Kelly and Byrne to go.

Edited by crispy

At the moment we are desperately needing defenders and strikers. In midfield we have Bartley Byrne Pitts Keags Lawson. That’s 5 centre midfielders. Don’t think we can have 5 cms who will all expect to play. 

Where do you think Kelly and Byrne will go?

10 minutes ago, crispy said:

Did/can anyone record and stick it on YouTube or something, please? :lol: Or is it on iplayer?

They usually stick the song at the end on YouTube. Alternatively its on iPlayer for a week.