Livingston - all the threads merged

I really fuckin hope not.
I'm worried about Holts signings so far. All have been pretty bad.
Wylde and Erskine and being linked with Whittaker? No into that
I don't get the hate for Erskine. He offered us something different to what we had. Wylde hasn't worked out but not every signing does. Bartley looks a great piece of business though.

3 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I think he's finished at right-back?

More like finished full-stop. Lennon tried to reinvent him as a holding midfielder, when McGeouch was injured (about a year ago), and then as a centre-back. He filled in once or twice in the Euro games, and looked really shaky even against the Faroese fishermen. Oddly enough, he did have a couple of semi-decent games back at right-back in December (while Gray was injured). I struggle to believe that any FT team would sign him, except as a player-coach type thing.

He's not played at all under Heckingbottom. I think his only recent appearance in public was in a Norwich end-of-season charity/celebration game. Although it's interesting to note who was playing in midfield in that team.

Edited by morrison1982

Not sure on Bartley signing. He’s a big boy but does he close down well like our other midfielders. I’ve seen he hasn’t featured much this season . Is that injury or just not being picked? 3 year deal is strange to 
Any Hibs fan I've spoke to have used the words warrior or hard working. Think he'll fit in well at Livi and give us some good protection for the backline. If Marvin is anything to go by I'm excited by the prospect of our team next year. Whittaker is just rumours at the moment as was Christie but I have faith that if he isn't going to fit the team, Holt and Martindale won't sign him

1 minute ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Crane and Dykes had good games last night in the Championship playoff final.

Dykes in particular looked great. Missed a sitter though, he's definitely not a goalscorer. I think he'll fit in well here.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:
1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:
I really fuckin hope not.
I'm worried about Holts signings so far. All have been pretty bad.
Wylde and Erskine and being linked with Whittaker? No into that

I don't get the hate for Erskine. He offered us something different to what we had. Wylde hasn't worked out but not every signing does. Bartley looks a great piece of business though.

I like(d) Erskine, too; he is quite unlike any other player we have (Sibbald potentially) and I don’t think he let us down. 

Based on the comments of Hibs fans it sounds like Bartley was a great player. Given our small budget maybe have to aim to make the most out of someone who could still be a great signing? Yea, they won’t all work but it’s not as if we persevere with them in the team if we are to believe Wylde is done, for example.

I like(d) Erskine, too; he is quite unlike any other player we have (Sibbald potentially) and I don’t think he let us down. 
Based on the comments of Hibs fans it sounds like Bartley was a great player. Given our small budget maybe have to aim to make the most out of someone who could still be a great signing? Yea, they won’t all work but it’s not as if we persevere with them in the team if we are to believe Wylde is done, for example.
Swap Wylde and Erskine for Penrice.
Job done.

As a Bournemoutlh fan I was very impressed by Marvin Bartley.  He played a huge role in keeping us in the league and the run through the divisions. He has a great attitude. 

Eddie Howe took him to Burnley with him and thought very highly of him.

Obviously he is older now but I think he is a fantastic signing for Livi. 

Edited by Neilfs

9 minutes ago, Neilfs said:

As a Bournemoutlh fan I was very impressed by Marvin Bartley.  He played a huge role in keeping us in the league and the run through the divisions. He has a great attitude. 

Eddie Howe took him to Burnley with him and thought very highly of him.

Obviously he is older now but I think he is a fantastic signing for Livi. 

Welcome to the forum! 

Really encouraging to hear, think it means Byrne will be away though but having Bartley in as a bit of an enforcer with some bite in the middle will be good.

We're going to be some meaty physical team next season, Lithgow, Dykes, Bartley. Teams will be leaving the games in a stretcher :D 

37 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

What makes you think Byrne will be away? Bartley might not be a guaranteed starter every week? Lawson Keags Pitts Sibbald Byrne are all under contract and can play midfield 

I actually think Byrne will be away, also. I think a few bigger clubs will come calling and the club would rather let him go for a fee now vs. free next summer. Had he had a run in the team since the Dundee sending off then I’d have suggested him for captain but it doesn’t look like it’s going that way. I’m a big fan of the way Byrne breaks up the game and controls possession. 

Edited by crispy

31 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Set piece coach required...applications to Gary Holt. That's 2 of the easiest goals Motherwell will have scored all season. We've been pretty poor at defending set pieces since Christmas

And taking them, used to be our strongest asset, both scoring from, and defending.