Livingston - all the threads merged

3 hours ago, Livilion28 said:

Heard we are looking to get Marvin Bartley to sign from hibs

We were in for him last summer actually, reckon we won't though. We're definitely looking at European players instead of in Scotland. We're struggling to afford Championship players based on our wage structure 

Halkett and Gallacher last home game for us tomorrow. Hopefully we can sign of with a win for them. Also maybe Kelly and Byrne could be leaving us at the end of the season. Seems to be contract talks between both players. Read something from Callum Carson that the club were looking abroad to bring in players again next season and at the bottom it said Byrne had been offered a new contract. 

On 09/05/2019 at 21:40, Livilion28 said:

Heard we are looking to get Marvin Bartley to sign from hibs

That deal was all but done last summer, before McGinn moved to Aston Villa from Hibs and they didn’t have time to replace him so they pulled out that deal. 

4 hours ago, Livilion28 said:

Halkett and Gallacher last home game for us tomorrow. Hopefully we can sign of with a win for them. Also maybe Kelly and Byrne could be leaving us at the end of the season. Seems to be contract talks between both players. Read something from Callum Carson that the club were looking abroad to bring in players again next season and at the bottom it said Byrne had been offered a new contract. 

I think Kelly will sign for Barnsley there keeper Davies might be joining Stoke

7 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

I think Kelly will sign for Barnsley there keeper Davies might be joining Stoke

No way will he be going to Barnsley, a League 1 side in England, if he did it would be about the money and I don't think that is all Kelly thinks about.

At worse Kelly would go to a championship side down south. I also think he would want assurances he would come in to any club as first choice. I think he may sign an extension with us but still have a release clause, although the club should try and increase it from the £50,000.00 it currently is.

44 minutes ago, Lothiangamer said:

No way will he be going to Barnsley, a League 1 side in England, if he did it would be about the money and I don't think that is all Kelly thinks about.

At worse Kelly would go to a championship side down south. I also think he would want assurances he would come in to any club as first choice. I think he may sign an extension with us but still have a release clause, although the club should try and increase it from the £50,000.00 it currently is.

Barnsley are a championship side next season, that would be a terrific move for him if that happens. 

Chance to play at a big club in a big league and increase his wages substantially. 

3 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Barnsley are a championship side next season, that would be a terrific move for him if that happens. 

Chance to play at a big club in a big league and increase his wages substantially. 

Exactly apart from Ispwich the only club he will actually play at he won't want to be second fiddle at Celtic or Hamburg

Would be a great move and would see him as Scotland number one if they did well again

For what it's worth, this is who I'd let go of for next season (+ not get back on loan)

De Vita, Miller, Erskine, Lamie, Wylde, Hardie, Brown, Cadden, Crane, Knox and Blues - obviously with Halkett and Gallagher gone

52 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

For what it's worth, this is who I'd let go of for next season (+ not get back on loan)

De Vita, Miller, Erskine, Lamie, Wylde, Hardie, Brown, Cadden, Crane, Knox and Blues - obviously with Halkett and Gallagher gone

Quite the cull. Do you think we could get better replacements in?

3 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Quite the cull. Do you think we could get better replacements in?

I reckon we could easily get better players in. Apparently two signings done already to be announced 

Edited by ATLIS

10 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

No Lamie or Rafa? Bit harsh? What we thinking I’ll happen with lee Miller next season? 

I think Lamie has been fairly poor, anyone with pace has him ripped to bits. Feel like he's maybe good cover but never a starter for me. Raffa I think is past his best, is lacking a bit of pace and strength in comparison to the rest of the league. Lee Miller is much the same, is just resorting to falling down and expecting free kicks but does little to no work up top, which is why we're bringing in Dykes, a younger, fitter and faster replacement 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

I reckon we could easily get better players in. Apparently two signings done already to be announced 

Can see you guys looking at the Ayr players for free

Apart from Shanks who will end up doon south

Robbie Crawford already knocked back a SPL team

Declan McDade is ready for step up to

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297
Clarity

2 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Can see you guys looking at the Ayr players for free

Apart from Shanks who will end up doon south

Robbie Crawford already knocked back a SPL team

Declan McDade is ready for step up to

We're not looking at Championship players, we can't compete or get value for money so are looking at European league. Unless something for the right price comes up, surely we'd ask about Shankland but can't see it happening at all. Crawford is a shout but wages probably a stumbling block