Livingston - all the threads merged

11 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Certainly looked better than Odoffin in defence, i'd have Buchanan over Brown too, always looked solid when he played.

Odoffin has looked best out on the right...he's got a bit of pace about him and not afraid to go for a run. He's still young so maybe could adapt to central defender but I'd be looking at someone else there.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Certainly looked better than Odoffin in defence, i'd have Buchanan over Brown too, always looked solid when he played.

Odoffin looks shit hot, looks very impressive at RB. Better than Buchanan but I'd be hoping we're looking at better than Big Buchs for a Halkett/Gallagher replacement but would take him back as cover over Brown 100%

9 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Odoffin looks shit hot, looks very impressive at RB. Better than Buchanan but I'd be hoping we're looking at better than Big Buchs for a Halkett/Gallagher replacement but would take him back as cover over Brown 100%

Not at CB he doesn't, Buchanan is far better playing there. Not sure i'd have Odoffin over Jack McMillan at RB either, never seen Jack having a bad game and thought it unfair putting him out on loan. 

10 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Odoffin has looked best out on the right...he's got a bit of pace about him and not afraid to go for a run. He's still young so maybe could adapt to central defender but I'd be looking at someone else there.

Yeah I know, was comparing him against Buchanan at CB, as that's where Buchanan is likely to play.

Not sure if we're going to be able to play a back 3 next season, now that 2 of the 3 amigos are leaving. Might be best going with a back 4 with Lamie at LB and Odoffin/McMillan at RB. That would also suit the likes of Lawless better, playing on the wing rather than a WB.

Like the look of Odoffin at RB, not convinced at CB yet. Still, he's young, and has had a great start.

The hardest position to fill over the summer months will be CB. Finding 2 top quality CBs is going to be a challenge, and I think we'll struggle. If St Mirren get relegated, then maybe we can go for Popescu. If ICT don't come up, then maybe Coll Donaldson would be a shout. Don't think there's anyone from Dundee we'd want to poach.

3 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Don't think there's anyone from Dundee we'd want to poach.

Definitely not, their centre backs are pony. I imagine we will look to abroad or England. 

Cheers guys. I listed Buchanan with the players I'd like to keep (with the right partner), but was surprised at the kickback I got. If you guys are  considering bring him back he must've been decent. I don't know if I watched the wrong games but he looked okay to me. One of the Ton fans suggested he hides in games, I honestly don't think it's possible for a centre half to hide!

Really enjoyed being a part of our support yesterday, for once I think a whole game passed without hearing any negative shouts even though we were behind. 

I thought we were the far better side for large parts of the game,  from when St J scored until the end of the game. What an outstanding strike from Super Halket, he was definitely our Motm, his goal was a great strike but the St J keeper is seriously at fault. I thought Dolly had a super game and was great to see Miller back. Lamie at cb and Gallacher at lb was a strange tactic but I think it went ok. Stewart was unlucky with the goal, the deflection seemed to deceive him but he had a good save at the start of the second half to keep us in the match. It will be interesting to see if Kelly has played his last game for us, will be so disappointing if so but can’t begrudge him of moving on to bigger things like Halket and Gallacher. Delighted Dundee are relegated, I hope we can rub salt in the wounds with another 4-0 thrashing at the spaghettihad.

I am just sitting here sad realising the Halket is going to be ruined by Hearts 
I honestly think Craig will do really well at Hearts. They tend to build strong, physical teams so it's a good match for his playing style. He'll get regular game time and the chance to prove to even bigger clubs that he's the real deal, which he undoubtedly is. We will miss Halkett a lot but this is a good move at a good time for him. I'm convinced he'll be a Scotland regular before long.

This weeks episode of Talk Livi is available now....

5F7FC1F0-3985-410E-9D49-B32017E634D0.jpeg

Itunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/talk-livi/id1454431947#episodeGuid=daea4886f1f64b1881a990cfd38a15e9

Website - TalkLiviPodcast.libsyn.com

We are on all good mainstream podcasting sites including Spotify and soundcloud, simply search TalkLivi. 

Warning, may contain gloating about certain teams relegations :P

Edited by andylivi1

48 minutes ago, Liviguy said:

Was reading the gold forum to discover one about something called LAC a group of young laddies claiming to be livi casuals what ever happened to them?

Did they not wind up the hibs lads and got skelped about a bit? I may have misheard but I remember they were just a bunch of wee knobs trying to act hard and start bother