Livingston - all the threads merged

19 minutes ago, Afro said:

Byrne has done well this season but who does he replace at the moment in the midfield? Lawson has arguably been the best player in the side since Christmas, Jacobs has looked more than adept in this division and IMO Pittman is nigh-on undroppable. Given Lawson plays full-back at international level, he could maybe the solution there next season leaving space for Byrne at centre-half.

I'd like to see Lawson play more offensively, could play on the wing I think. Byrne is better than Jacobs without a doubt but Keags is the more aggressive of the pair in terms of ball recovery. Different players for different games, I'd say Byrne is more suited to games vs the top six where we sit in whereas Keags can be nippy vs bottom six

It’s a strange situation because I would have Keags and Shaun in team every week. Lawson has done well lately but he can maybe play wide. I think we need to try keep players like Byrne , he’s been one of the best players for us and has been a massive part of the team that got us to where we are just now. Keags Shaun and Pitts would be my main midfield 3 they’ve worked so well together. 

4 hours ago, Livilion28 said:

Looking like Byrne will be away in summer according to the sun , disappointed if true 

The article says we'd listen to offers rather than lose him for free...I agree with that approach. We've just lost two of our most bankable players for nothing and we aren't the kind of team that can afford to do that. If he signs an extension then fantastic...if not...lets get some coin for him and move on IMO

On this week Euan and I review the game at Hamilton.

Calum spoke to Alan Lithgow as they discussed the step from part time to full time, his move to Livi and the last few years at the club. 

We then spoke about all the leagues giving a run down on all the best results from yesterday. 

We had a chat about our best and worst kits and had a look at what we thought was ahead next season.  

We spoke livi legends, this week it was defenders who took centre stage. 

We answered your questions 

Finally we preview the St Johnstone game and give our predictions. 

You can find us on all podcasting sites, here’s a link for iTunes. 

iTunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/talk-livi/id1454431947?i=1000436713788

EF90F9EA-E022-4646-BC91-84FC298F6F07.jpeg

Edited by andylivi1

1 minute ago, Livilion28 said:

How much would we be willing to sell players like Byrne Kelly or Pittman? 

Aberdeen didn't want to pay 250k for Pittman. 

I'd say 250k Byrne 300k Pittman 650k Kelly

Edited by ATLIS

A couple of thoughts... 

I am worried Byrne will go. I think he is excellent at winning/retaining possession and is calm on the ball. I can see someone coming in for him if they haven’t already.

I haven’t been a huge fan of late but Menga looked a handful out wide; Similar to when he came on at Fir Park. I wonder if it’s just a case of getting him in the mindset to make an impact? I’m interested to see him play out wide again which I know was his position before Livi.

From what I’ve seen Oddofin is a bit loose with his control and I think too lightweight for a CB. I’d rather we kept him  on the right.  

Lawless looked bright against Hamilton and that ball for Lawson, with the outside of his left, was a good ‘un. Lee Miller had some great touches too - I thought his legs were done! Oops. 

I think we are really going to need some pace around Lithgow. He has some great attributes and I am delighted he got back in after being shunned in early part of the season (under KM) but I think he’ll become exposed. 

I took a look at the Squad List thread and was reminded that Lawless is out of contract in May. I think he’s had a great season and would have to think we’d want to tie him up for next year at least. Lee Miller has been unlucky with injuries this season but based on his showing on Saturday it looks like he still has something to offer.

Its been stated above about Wylde needing some game time. That Holt said we are trying out different shapes and yet Wylde (and to an extent Erskine) aren’t even in the squad is surprising to me - are they fit? Guess I should look for the reserve team reports.

Surely, SURELY we haven’t inserted a clause in Kelly’s contract which could let him go for £50k.

Granted it’s the Sun, who seem to have snaked their way back into the club after a half-arsed apology, but talk of Hamburg being in for him would be a great move for him. Hopefully for more than £50k.

After seeing Gallagher and Halkett leaving I would hate to see Kelly going. Best young keeper Scotland have and can see him playing for Scotland regularly in years to come. I can not imagine a clause for £50,000.00 but then you never know. Kelly joined Livi based on his own thoughts that as a young player he needs to play in games. If he did decide to move on then I would hope it's to somewhere he does get games. I also wonder if with Gallagher and Halkett leaving will this maybe tip the balance on his decision to go if any offers do come in, or will he stay next season and then move on for free. 

Wonder if the £50,000..00 fee is set in stone or if the club could add clauses into it sell on of 20-40% could generate a good chunk of cash for the club if he moved on from wherever he ends up(if of course he goes this summer)

£50,000 would be a steal. I wonder if that clause is on other players contracts. Would be very disappointing to lose players for that amount of money. The teams seemingly interested in Kelly would be able to pay that no problem 

At least we'd be getting money for him :lol:

As much as I'd hate him to go, I love to see him go to Hamburg rather than somewhere in the UK. But seeing as it's the Sun, chances are it's not even close to being true.

Edit: And there it is from a much more reliable source.

Hopefully we can get some kind of sell-on clause if he does go, ideally we get an announcement of a 5 year extension but I won't get my hopes up for that :lol:

Edited by LiviLion

I could believe all of it tbf. When we signed him, we still thought Neil Alexander was sticking around, we couldn't have expected his season to be this great. 

Doubt he'll go to Celtic, he's seen the benefits of playing week-in/week-out. Same reason why I don't think he'll go to Hamburg. But I think he'll get a move this summer unfortunately. 

FFS, although thinking about it, any mega money would only likely be from the sell-on much as if we'd have had a chance to sell Halkett instead of losing him for free. Not saying that we couldn't have commanded a decent fee but think it would probably have been in the 100s of ks realm. If he's to go then I hope it's to somewhere outwith Scotland and I wouldn't begrudge him a move.

Some of the clubs Kelly is linked with he won’t be a starter. Im hoping he stays with us next season but then we risk losing him for free next summer. Halkett and Gallacher are away , now potentially Byrne and Kelly. Gutted is an understatement 

Can’t begrudge Kelly a move after the season he’s had but to lose him for £50k is a real kick in the stones. Would I be correct in saying he signed before Neil Alexander officially retired? May explain why the fee will be so low.

A big summer ahead now.