Livingston - all the threads merged

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I just simply cannot fathom why Gallagher might want to play for a bigger, better team for more money, infront of more fans and closer to home than Livingston.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

That chimes with your better players making sideways moves for nothing tbf.

You two should enjoy debating who's right, personally i'm with Poet, Hearts are def a sideways step, Motherwell are prob a step down from Livi though.

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

That chimes with your better players making sideways moves for nothing tbf.

It's not until the summer, we've just had our director/CEO resign to allow a fresher face with investment come in. Once the position is filled the money gets put in afaik

Who owns Livi FC now that John Ward has departed? He owned the club or thats what we were fed when he moved into CEO role

Gimmie a guess - Rankine? 

Nothings changed it looks like! 

#livismokeandmirrors

41 minutes ago, Livi said:

Who owns Livi FC now that John Ward has departed? He owned the club or thats what we were fed when he moved into CEO role

#livismokeandmirrors

Brilliant season. Why you stirring?

41 minutes ago, Livi said:

#livismokeandmirrors

Massone IMO.

SACK THE BOARD

41 minutes ago, crispy said:

Brilliant season. Why you stirring?

No doubt its been a good season in fact a good few seasons. Just because its been good on the park why cant off the field questions be asked? 

the questions are still valid tho - who owns Livi FC? 

Edited by Livi

With no game this weekend we decided to release a special bonus edition of Talk Livi....

This week we feature ex Livi keeper and fans favourite Darren Jamieson. 

Deejay spoke to Calum about coming through the youth ranks at Livi, becoming number 1, the petrofac cup final and how that kick started the great escape season, he tells us the secret to saving penalties, his move to Bo’ness which helped land him a move to premiership Hamilton, before falling out of love with the game, deciding to go part time and moving to Arbroath. 

iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/talk-livi/id1454431947?mt=2#episodeGuid=7ca9164f4df94da09e5a2037d0cf1c6c

Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/episode/49i5JBVjhHxAv1qLFVGjOF?si=WQwKxQKTS465_l_eZMBAIQ

website - TalkLiviPodcast.Libsyn.com

We are also on soundcloud as well as many more podcasting sites, simply search TalkLivi on your preferred set up. 

Edited by andylivi1

1 hour ago, Livi said:

#livismokeandmirrors

I'd say a lot has changed, we're not spunking money about all over the place for one, that's a big change, appear to be running things pretty well off the pitch too, as well as on the pitch. Not had any adverse publicity of financial problems for a few seasons, in fighting, any sign whatsoever that players or staff are unhappy.

Dunno who's coming in now but hopefully it carries on the same way Ward had it going, and we don't attract some Massone type shyster looking to make some quick dosh from fucking us over. 

I remember reading an article in the DR when Gordon Ford took over, saying there was no reason we couldn't be a Premiership club, and I was thinking he was away with the fairies talking nonsense, unbelievable that we've actually turned things around so quickly and have actually got there. Last season felt surreal, don't think anyone could believe it when we won the play offs, even the players looked like they were thinking, feck we're in the Premiership next season.

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'd say a lot has changed, we're not spunking money about all over the place for one, that's a big change, appear to be running things pretty well off the pitch too, as well as on the pitch. Not had any adverse publicity of financial problems for a few seasons, in fighting, any sign whatsoever that players or staff are unhappy.

Dunno who's coming in now but hopefully it carries on the same way Ward had it going, and we don't attract some Massone type shyster looking to make some quick dosh from fucking us over. 

I remember reading an article in the DR when Gordon Ford took over, saying there was no reason we couldn't be a Premiership club, and I was thinking he was away with the fairies talking nonsense, unbelievable that we've actually turned things around so quickly and have actually got there. Last season felt surreal, don't think anyone could believe it when we won the play offs, even the players looked like they were thinking, feck we're in the Premiership next season.

As far as we know we’re not spunking money. We’ve no bank debt that's a positive. We must have made money this season surely? 

We know Rankine is not allowed  shares in Livi unless that position has changed?  We were told Ward was new owner of the club. He has gone now and by all accounts he was a very decent guy.

Asking a very simple question. Who owns Livi FC? 

Edited by Livi

Who do we think will be captain next season? One of the current players or will we try bring in a new signing and make them captain? Halkett has captained this side very well last couple seasons
Lot of people mention Byrne. Lithgow stepped into the captain's role against Hibs when Halkett was missing and I thought he did great. Either of them would be a good choice but I'd opt for Lithgow, his communication seems to be slightly better than Byrne's

I think it should a current player as our success has been built on continuity so this would be consistent with that. 

A concern I have about it being a defender is that it might affect their concentration. I’d have less of a concern for a player further up the park. Unsurprisingly, i’m not a professional footballer, so it may not be an issue. 

It shouldn’t be decided just on communication I don’t think. I would say Gallacher is a lot more vocal than Halkett but Halkett is a leader the way he plays on the park. Kelly speaks well and constantly shouts instructions to teammates