Livingston - all the threads merged

Absolutely gutted to see big Dec go, been my favourite player last 3 seasons, been mentally preparing myself for it happening last few months.

Seething a bit at the fact we’ve lost 2 members of one of the best defences in the league for £0 right enough.

18 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Don’t doubt they offered him an increased wage from his current contract, but I would be very surprised if we didn’t match what they offered or even improved on it. Halkett was a certainty to leave but I’d imagine the club would’ve tried as hard as they could to keep Gallagher.

Must've been a really good offer from Motherwell though, St Johnstone couldn't match them either.

25 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Must've been a really good offer from Motherwell though, St Johnstone couldn't match them either.

Is he not from Lanarkshire? Might have been offered same at St Johnstone but the fact he's no commute now might've been a selling point.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Or the fact they have about 3,000 more home fans a week to finance deals? He's probably been offered £300-400 a week more.

The admin model is more likely.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'd be surprised if we were running around offering substantially more than other teams. In Robinson's own words we're not a club that is offering life changing money to anyone.

I'm speculating here but at a guess I'd say we've probably been able to match what St Johnstone offered (or maybe slightly more) but sold the move to him in a way that was more appealing. We may also have been able to guarantee him a first team spot as Tom Aldred's replacement whereas things seem to be quite up in the air with St Johnstone and Joe Shaugnessy.

Our business model is very much to offer a platform and if a move comes up that suits all parties we won't stand in their way. Right now we seem to be quite good at promoting players whereas the success Tommy Wright has had is based on keeping the spine of a team together. He's signed on a two year deal so there's every chance we've said to him that we only really expect him to be here for a year and try to sell him on. If he performs to the levels he has at Livi I'm pretty sure we'd be looking to flip him for cash and allow him to get a decent wage bump as he hits 30.

They're younger than Gallagher but Ben Heneghan got a move to Sheffield United after a season, Cedric Kipre ended up at Wigan, Moult ended up at Preston. Right now there's apparently a Top 6 side in the English Championship looking at Ally Gorrin after a dozen or so good games in our midfield. The interest in Jake Hastie is well documented and there's also interest around the likes of Turnbull, Cadden and Campbell.

Gallagher's 28 and obviously has erm, baggage it may be the case that he's looked at us as the best option to get a bigger move and make some money which is something that we're pretty OK with, since it's our business model.

Edited by capt_oats

25 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

The admin model is more likely.

When thinking about Admin, it's probably worth also considering the amount of transfer cash and other commercial stuff we've raked in over the past couple of years - the 1.7m profit we reported last year (which is more than Livi's turnover over the same period) probably just means that we have a moderately better wage budget available than Livi at this point. As for St Johnstone, given how salty Wright was about this, I'd assume it was a close run thing and we were possibly able to push the boat out a little more than them for this specific player - which doesn't mean that they couldn't easily do the same to us for other players based on their priorities..

Edited by Swello

25 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I'd be surprised if we were running around offering substantially more than other teams. In Robinson's own words we're not a club that is offering life changing money to anyone.

I'm speculating here but at a guess I'd say we've probably been able to match what St Johnstone offered (or maybe slightly more) but sold the move to him in a way that was more appealing. We may also have been able to guarantee him a first team spot as Tom Aldred's replacement whereas things seem to be quite up in the air with St Johnstone and Joe Shaugnessy.

Our business model is very much to offer a platform and if a move comes up that suits all parties we won't stand in their way. Right now we seem to be quite good at promoting players whereas the success Tommy Wright has had is based on keeping the spine of a team together. He's signed on a two year deal so there's every chance we've said to him that we only really expect him to be here for a year and try to sell him on. If he performs to the levels he has at Livi I'm pretty sure we'd be looking to flip him for cash and allow him to get a decent wage bump as he hits 30.

They're younger than Gallagher but Ben Heneghan got a move to Sheffield United after a season, Cedric Kipre ended up at Wigan, Moult ended up at Preston. Right now there's apparently a Top 6 side in the English Championship looking at Ally Gorrin after a dozen or so good games in our midfield. The interest in Jake Hastie is well documented and there's also interest around the likes of Turnbull, Cadden and Campbell.

Gallagher's 28 and obviously has erm, baggage it may be the case that he's looked at us as the best option to get a bigger move and make some money which is something that we're pretty OK with, since it's our business model.

I got told a while back from someone that knows Dec that "he fancied St Johnstone but the financial package Motherwell offered was far better."

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

I'd be surprised if your last point wasnt hitting the mark. Back in January we were still under the belief Shaughnessy could be re-signed, and Gallagher wouldnt be displacing him or Kerr.

We also offer fairly low basics with large bonuses, so basic wage was probably better from Motherwell, but overall deal was similar.

Of course now we've told Shaughnessy he can f**k off it looks like we've missed out.

Although their were rumours youd offered O'Halloran a mammoth deal, and it was purely because he trusted TW and was desperate to his career kick started, that persuaded him to join us.

Heard a rumour we're in about Shaughnessy, would be a weird transfer triangle for me tbh but I've heard we're getting "significant external investment" for next season 
Shaughnessy is wanted back at Aberdeen isn't he?
Very much doubt hell be coming to Livi.

42 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Heard a rumour we're in about Shaughnessy, would be a weird transfer triangle for me tbh but I've heard we're getting "significant external investment" for next season 

17 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Shaughnessy is wanted back at Aberdeen isn't he?
Very much doubt hell be coming to Livi.

Aberdeen, and St Johnstone, withdrew contract offers for Shaughnessy due to him fucking them about.

His dad is his agent, and his brother earns a fuckton down South, and it seems hes been whoring himself to every club down there trying to get a pay day.

Theres no chance he ends up at Livingston. 

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I just simply cannot fathom why Gallagher might want to play for a bigger, better team for more money, infront of more fans and closer to home than Livingston.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

That chimes with your better players making sideways moves for nothing tbf.

You two should enjoy debating who's right, personally i'm with Poet, Hearts are def a sideways step, Motherwell are prob a step down from Livi though.

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

That chimes with your better players making sideways moves for nothing tbf.

It's not until the summer, we've just had our director/CEO resign to allow a fresher face with investment come in. Once the position is filled the money gets put in afaik

Who owns Livi FC now that John Ward has departed? He owned the club or thats what we were fed when he moved into CEO role

Gimmie a guess - Rankine? 

Nothings changed it looks like! 

#livismokeandmirrors