Livingston - all the threads merged

Sounds like Ward feels he’s taken us as far as what he can, personally. If someone can fill the void and continue this sensible financial mantra then I’ll be more than happy. Sounds like he’ll still have a company involved sponsorship so he’s not stepping away completely.

Dykes comes across as a right grafter so he’ll fit in very well with our ethic I think. Just need to sign a striker who can actually finish and it’s sounding promising.

11 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I very much hope he is stepping down because there is someone else coming in. I have associated John Ward with stability off the field (after so many years of instability) so it is a concern if he is leaving without a plan in place.

Hopefully AndyLivi can put my mind at ease. 

Tbh I can’t tell you much more than what’s been said already, I was aware of a rumour that he was stepping down at the end of the season to take on a new business of his own, perhaps that opportunity has came sooner than expected. 

What I would say having spoken to John many times is he is a man of principle, he wouldn’t step away from the club if there wasn’t something in place and he didn’t trust the people their to continue to run it well. 

What I would say is it would be nice for the club to make a wee statement just to keep the fans in the loop and to ease any fears about the future of the football club. 

On John himself, he’s been a tremendous asset to the football club, he has came in at a fairly turbulent time and to say things have calmed down off the pitch would be an understatement, and that has a lot to do with John and his business mind, looking back to this time in the future John Ward will be rightly hailed as one of our best ever board room members. 

Let’s hope the future is bright. 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Dykes and Hardie would be fucking lethal

Yep, he'd have been great linking up with Hardie this season, pity Hardie will be away back to Sevco though...……………...unless it doesn't work out and he comes back for a final loan deal/pr chucks it and signs for us like Kelly and Halkett did.

Great looking signing though, we're not short of players who run their socks off and help strikers either, Pittman, Robinson, Dykes are all excellent at it, just need a striker to take advantage of their unselfish graft.

4 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I was worried about Gallagher leaving but it seems as though Jack Hamilton is ready to step up as our resident troll.

Screenshot_20190407-122923_YouTube.thumb.jpg.6040a48ba6f359598e197252b1a56845.jpg

Screenshot_20190407-123050_YouTube.thumb.jpg.b919d3e11230bc95493f25a6609a6682.jpg

Love it, we could have a player involved in sending Falkirk down as well as helping to send Dundee down ourselves, what an ending to the season that would be.:cheers

Just think of the crowdwanks Falkirk fans could have in the seaside league, they'll be like pigs in shit.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

It was Raffa De Vita’s turn to take centre stage on Talk Livi this week, he spoke about his time with Blackburn, Swindon, Bradford, Cheltenham, Ross County and his two spells with Livi.  

The lads also review the accies and Celtic games which includes post match thoughts from Craig Halkett, Gary Holt and Liam Kelly. 

We also give our thoughts on the relegation and promotion battles. 

Reminisce about the petrofac cup final 4 years on from that famous day. 

We give a round up of the Livi Dud 11 

Answer your questions 

And finally preview the St Mirren game. 

Give it a listen on one of the links below and let us know what you think, cheers. 

ITunes - itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/tal…

Spotify - open.spotify.com/episode/01ZN7y…

Website - TalkLiviPodcast.Libsyn.com 

SoundCloud - soundcloud.com/user-799227038…

Castbox - castbox.fm/vd/142650356

I would have liked to have heard some more compelling questions about Raffa's first spell at the club. Being part of two special teams and also going through the Massone nonsense should have been the bulk of the interview rather than talking about nondescript spells down south. 

Missed opportunity which probably would have been avoided with an additional interviewer. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

35 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I would have liked to have heard some more compelling questions about Raffa's first spell at the club. Being part of two special teams and also going through the Massone nonsense should have been the bulk of the interview rather than talking about nondescript spells down south. 

Missed opportunity which probably would have been avoided with an additional interviewer. 

Sadly both myself and Euan are back working Monday to Friday so it’s almost impossible for us to get to the club during the week. 

Appreciate the feedback though and will pass it on to Calum to take it on board for the next interview. 

Thanks for listening. 

Edited by andylivi1

Tony Watt set to leave St. Johnstone at the end of the season. I’d take him here he’s always impressed me and his work rate seems to be there which is what we’re looking for.

He’s way out your price range and I’d wager out of the range of any of the teams in the league who’d actually look at him. Suspect he’ll head off back down south.

He’s way out your price range and I’d wager out of the range of any of the teams in the league who’d actually look at him. Suspect he’ll head off back down south.
His attitude stinks apparently. So best forget him. Still living on his Barcelona goal.

Tony Watt set to leave St. Johnstone at the end of the season. I’d take him here he’s always impressed me and his work rate seems to be there which is what we’re looking for.
Could be an option. The boy Rudden on loan at Falkirk looks good too

His attitude stinks apparently. So best forget him. Still living on his Barcelona goal.

It really doesn’t. He’s been nothing short of excellent at dispelling that myth at saints. Still everyone will tar him with that same brush because of past issues in his younger days.

57 minutes ago, Widge said:

Definitely not out of our price range if we were/are paying Hardie 1.5k a week! He follows me on Twitter as well so I might just go ask him if he'll sign for us for a laugh :D

It really doesn’t. He’s been nothing short of excellent at dispelling that myth at saints. Still everyone will tar him with that same brush because of past issues in his younger days.

I’d have to agree with you on what I’ve seen of him this season. Always looks like he gives his all and has impressed me any time we’ve played you. On the price range issue, we’ll have some wages freed up with Halkett, Hardie and Gallagher all on the way out. Any idea what sorta wage he’s on at you guys?

I’d have to agree with you on what I’ve seen of him this season. Always looks like he gives his all and has impressed me any time we’ve played you. On the price range issue, we’ll have some wages freed up with Halkett, Hardie and Gallagher all on the way out. Any idea what sorta wage he’s on at you guys?

More than the £1500 a week Hardies apparently on. I suspect he’s on a near enough 6 figure salary at saints, so that’ll be approaching 2k a week plus bonuses, which he doesn’t think is enough. I’d say you’re looking at him thinking he’s due 2.5/3k a week. Rumour is he’s possibly away down to Salford, who’d probably give him 5k without batting an eyelid.

10 hours ago, Widge said:

Can only back up brother Widge in his staunch defence of Tony Watt. He's been a breath of fresh air off the pitch even if he hasn't quite hit the heights we hoped on the pitch. He's been a good player for us - particularly in the first half of the season - but his pay demands for next season exceed what we're willing to pay. Wherever he goes I hope he does well.

More than the £1500 a week Hardies apparently on. I suspect he’s on a near enough 6 figure salary at saints, so that’ll be approaching 2k a week plus bonuses, which he doesn’t think is enough. I’d say you’re looking at him thinking he’s due 2.5/3k a week. Rumour is he’s possibly away down to Salford, who’d probably give him 5k without batting an eyelid.

Ah fair enough that’ll be the end of that then [emoji23] would’ve been a very good addition but at that price it’s a no go.

Wouldn't be keen on paying Hardie money for Watt anyway - tbf I wouldn't be keen on paying Hardie money for anyone other than Halkett, and that aint happening.

Next season will be a lot tougher than this one I expect, I wouldn't be keen on ramping up the wage budget unless we have to. We pay easily the lowest salary in the division, and unless Ayr get promoted, then I don't see that changing. Let's see if we can keep making steady improvements next year, invest sensibly and not go overboard. We've seen the consequences of what happens when we do that, and I'd much rather not see those days again.