Livingston - all the threads merged

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Don't agree with your opinion on the Hibs game Andy but really enjoyed the podcast, think it's the best one yet, including the sound quality. Liam Kelly was superb too.

Was just trying to be controversial eh :P haha.

I agree, the one I’ve enjoyed the most so far despite being rough as hell during recording, really does help when you turn the mic on for the interviews as well. 

Halkett to Hearts is official. Seen that coming, Gallagher leaving for Motherwell would be a real downer after the season we’ve had.

Not convinced Brown is a good option at CB for next year, let alone LB. Hopefully GH and DM have something up their sleeve.

7 minutes ago, Afro said:

Hopefully GH and DM have something up their sleeve.

The transfer business we have done over the past 3 years has been all pretty good. I have no reason to doubt that it will continue in the summer.

This ruined my day. I don't begrudge him a move to a bigger club but I feel like Hearts don't deserve him. I'd have like to have seen him gone somewhere where there's a group of players that have been playing well and need a quality addition to go to the next level, like Killie for example. Hearts have been wasteful this year. Christ, we should be picking up gems on free transfers! F*cking hate Hearts.

12 hours ago, crispy said:

This ruined my day. I don't begrudge him a move to a bigger club but I feel like Hearts don't deserve him. I'd have like to have seen him gone somewhere where there's a group of players that have been playing well and need a quality addition to go to the next level, like Killie for example. Hearts have been wasteful this year. Christ, we should be picking up gems on free transfers! F*cking hate Hearts.

:)

Suck it up. 

I wish Craig all the very best,he's been immense for us while he's been at Livi.

We all knew this was gonna happen and he won't  be the last.

He deserves a move to a bigger club and one of the big 5 was always gonna be his destination or a championship side in sassland. 

Gary and Davie will hav a rebuilding job to do in the summer no doubt but for now let's enjoy the last few games of what has been a fantastic season that has given all Livi fans something to remember for a long time!! :)

2 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

I wish Craig all the very best,he's been immense for us while he's been at Livi.

We all knew this was gonna happen and he won't  be the last.

He deserves a move to a bigger club and one of the big 5 was always gonna be his destination or a championship side in sassland. 

Gary and Davie will hav a rebuilding job to do in the summer no doubt but for now let's enjoy the last few games of what has been a fantastic season that has given all Livi fans something to remember for a long time!! :)

Yep, I thought he'd have been away at the end of last season, so we've been lucky to have him and Dec this season, and it has given us a season of experience to build on for next season in the Premiership now. So we have a better idea of what we're doing and what type of player we need to get in.

We lost big player like Marv, Broto and Fernandez the last time we were in the top flight, all three of those were cult heroes too, we'll get over it.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

The recruitment has been excellent the last couple of years. I’ve no doubt we’ve been tracking replacements for Halkett for the past year. A lot our solid signings have been on the radar for while.

Kelly, Pittman, Erskine, Sibbald and Lawson all improving. We’ve still to see the best of Wylde. Tiffoney has bags of potential. Dykes to be a good link-up man by the sounds of it. Injured players to come back too. Not all doom and gloom. I’m looking forward to next season.

Edited by crispy

With Premiership status secured for next season, it’ll be interesting now to see who departs but more importantly the quality of player we can attract here. Halkett and (seemingly) Gallagher departing will be massive losses for us, but I’m confident GH and DM have a solid enough plan in place. I can see us going for a 4-2-3-1 in the long-term, we seem to play better football with it and seems to solve the midfield conundrum. Meaning...

Kelly

Odoffin
*New CB*
Lithgow
Lamie

Jacobs
Lawson

Robinson
Pittman
Sibbald

Dykes

Leaving a squad including Stewart, Erskine, Lawless, Wylde, Menga, Byrne, Hamilton, McMillan, Cadden, Crane, Tiffoney and De Vita. Not sure what the contract situation is with Miller but you’d imagine he’s done.

New centre half and a striker are an absolute must, apart from that you’d imagine it would be fairly reactionary transfers depending on who’s off.

I would keep Miller on for another season, if the money is there to do so. Even if he doesn't play many games, he is clearly a good influence in the dressing room. I think that maintaining the character of the current squad will be key for us staying up next season, especially with Halkett and Gallagher leaving.

3 hours ago, Afro said:

Kelly

Odoffin
*New CB*
Lithgow
Lamie

Jacobs
Lawson

Robinson
Pittman
Sibbald

Dykes

For the sake of completing the team I'd put Odoffin at CB and McMillan coming in at RB. Pretty sure Odoffin is naturally a right sided centre back and McMillan has been doing well at Partick by the sounds of things (as well as generally being fine when he played for us anyway).

Hard to believe we were discussing the possibility of going part time to try and save the club just a few years ago :lol: Brilliant achievement from everyone involved, every game a party from now on IMO.

54 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

For the sake of completing the team I'd put Odoffin at CB and McMillan coming in at RB. Pretty sure Odoffin is naturally a right sided centre back and McMillan has been doing well at Partick by the sounds of things (as well as generally being fine when he played for us anyway).

Hard to believe we were discussing the possibility of going part time to try and save the club just a few years ago :lol: Brilliant achievement from everyone involved, every game a party from now on IMO.

Yeah, it was less than 3 years ago IIRC, just after we got relegated to League 1. Crazy how things change.

3 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I would keep Miller on for another season, if the money is there to do so. Even if he doesn't play many games, he is clearly a good influence in the dressing room. I think that maintaining the character of the current squad will be key for us staying up next season, especially with Halkett and Gallagher leaving.

I can't say I would. At 35/36, his recovery from injury just hasn't happened, and I'd be surprised if he was able to get back to Premiership level again. To be fair, if he was up for a coaching role, I'd offer him that in a heartbeat. As you say, he's clearly a great figure to have around.

4 hours ago, Afro said:

With Premiership status secured for next season, it’ll be interesting now to see who departs but more importantly the quality of player we can attract here. Halkett and (seemingly) Gallagher departing will be massive losses for us, but I’m confident GH and DM have a solid enough plan in place. I can see us going for a 4-2-3-1 in the long-term, we seem to play better football with it and seems to solve the midfield conundrum. 

Gallagher and Halkett have been a class act for us for 3 years now. Replacing them on our budget will be almost impossible. I'd be tempted to try and find another LB and try and fit Lamie in as CB, did he not play there for Morton? What are the chances of us getting Brown back for next year?

I'm a little concerned by Lamie and how often hes been injured this season.
Crane has been getting good reviews at Raith and seemingly played well in the Betfred and pre season friendlies.
I'd like to see another 2 strikers in the squad as we have suffered most of this season from Christmas break with a lack of a natural striker. Not taking anything away from Robinson at all as ues been good but on Friday against Hibs you could tell hes not a finisher.
I reckon next season we will be fine with the bulk of the squad we have.
A couple of additions in defence, another "Erskine" with actual pace and skill and a striker or 2 and I think that'll do.