Livingston - all the threads merged

Tiffoney was making up the numbers today,  he wasn’t fit to play. 

The injuries didn’t help us and left us very short,   Pitts and then Lawson going off, that’s big blows to us, and our engine in the middle. 

Erskine wasn’t as effective today as last week, perhaps a reminder he’s not a striker, but what he done well last week he lacked this week. 

Agree with Hardie, he’s regressed recently but the so has the service to him and that comes hand in hand. 

We lacked someone to put their foot on the ball and take control of the game, normally Keags would be doing that but I thought he had his worst game of the season today. 

Very frustrating following us away from home this season, but the overall goal has nearly been achieved, before anyone jumps on me here, I’m not saying these performances are acceptable. 

26 minutes ago, Ayia Napa Alan said:

Hopkin was at the game today. Need to strike a deal to bring him back, we’ve been brutal for absolutely ages, Holt is taking us back to the championship

I hope you're just trolling.  If you're not get real! 

Very poor performance today. Defence were solid enough but goal was poor. Worst I have seen our midfield all season today. Lawson was extremely poor , Pitts and Keags had poor game. Up front the ball wasn’t sticking. Ball was just going over erskine head and out for goal kick. Goal looked offside to.

Ayia napa been on the sauce I think, usually saves his trolling for opposition fans but when we lose a few games his heids gone up his arse and he gets all morbid and angry.

Anyone thinking finishing ninth is a bad season needs a reality check, still a few games to go but I really can't see any of the bottom 3 teams catching us, and we'll get the odd point or three now and again to keep us out of their reach. Which will be job done for Holt and Martindale this season.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

21 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I like Holt, we're doing okay under him and have done okay under him - but I'd definitely have Hoppy back in a heartbeat 

Really don't see much difference between them, Hoppy made the same mistake Holt did against Motherwell, last season in the Pars away match, setting the team up wrong and waiting till HT before changing it, and I wouldn't have thought we'd be in any better position had he stayed.

Anyhoo, 10th place and staying up was the target, we'll prob finish 9th, anyone seriously thinking that isn't good enough for Holt is deluded.

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 11:44, RandomGuy. said:

It's worth mentioning that some players are under doctors orders not to play on plastic. Steven MacLean for us, for instance, had a small tear in his knee that was exacerbated by the firmer artificial surface, and completely avoided injuries after stopping playing on it, while in seasons he had played on it, suffered injuries within weeks of games on it.

A lot of the shite about pitches should be ignored, but there are players with genuine issues with them.

That's another 2 of our players injured playing on grass, if that had happened on any of the plastic pitches the media would be all over it, but fuckall said about it cause it happened on a grass pitch.

I see Gerrard moaning about Aberdeen's grass pitch now too, saying it was a bit of a state, how can that possibly be, aren't all grass pitches perfect and the ball always bounces the same no matter the conditions or time of year?

48 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

That's another 2 of our players injured playing on grass, if that had happened on any of the plastic pitches the media would be all over it, but fuckall said about it cause it happened on a grass pitch.

I see Gerrard moaning about Aberdeen's grass pitch now too, saying it was a bit of a state, how can that possibly be, aren't all grass pitches perfect and the ball always bounces the same no matter the conditions or time of year?

Easter Road wasn't looking too clever on the highlights I saw.

9 hours ago, crispy said:

Easter Road wasn't looking too clever on the highlights I saw.

I thought the same...very threadbare in parts.

10 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I always liked Gerrard as a player, thought he carried himself well. I was delighted to hear he'd be managing in Scotland but it just proves how a club can change someone...he hasn't half become a greetin faced b*****d since joining the blue arse cheek. You can go off folk very quick

Edited by Cptn Hooch

5 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I thought the same...very threadbare in parts.

I always liked Gerrard as a player, thought he carried himself well. I was delighted to hear he'd be managing in Scotland but it just proves how a club can change someone...he hasn't half become a greetin faced b*****d since joining the blue arse cheek. You can go off folk very quick

I remember the English top flight before it got the huge cash injection from the tv companies, their pitches were none too clever either, can remember seeing Chelsea's pitch looking like Blackpool pleasure beach, had a few donkeys playing on it too. Feckers want every pitch to be a bowling green nowadays, pitch perfect.

Image result for pitch perfect

off Steven Gerrard,

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Episode 3 of Talk Livi is now live, it can be found on ITunes by clicking the link below 

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/talk-livi/id1454431947

or Soundcloud via the link below 

This week we hear from Gary Holt and Chris Erskine after the game against St Mirren, and we give our views on what went right and wrong. 

We have an exclusive interview with Lee Miller, who gives us an update on his injury and gives us an insight into his career past, present and future. 

We give our opinion on Brendon Rodgers leaving Celtic for Leicester. 

The Livi duds 11 feature again this week it was defenders on the receiving end this time. 

We have a preview of the St Johnstone game with St Johnstone fan Ross Gardiner and give our predictions for the game. 

Let me know what you think, cheers :thumsup2

Some folk on Twitter saying Holt may be in danger of the sack soon. Is this a commonly held view or am I missing something?

Granted, we’ve been relatively poor since Christmas but it certainly hasn’t been for lack of effort in the vast majority games of this poor run we’re on. Loaning Hamilton out was a slightly bizarre call at the time and it looks worse now, but you can’t really blame the manager for all of our strikers being either injured or horrifically out of form.

I don’t imagine Hopkin being at the game on Saturday will have done Holt any favours amongst the loonies, and those thinking Hopkin would come back are sorely deluded.

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

Some folk on Twitter saying Holt may be in danger of the sack soon. Is this a commonly held view or am I missing something?

Granted, we’ve been relatively poor since Christmas but it certainly hasn’t been for lack of effort in the vast majority games of this poor run we’re on. Loaning Hamilton out was a slightly bizarre call at the time and it looks worse now, but you can’t really blame the manager for all of our strikers being either injured or horrifically out of form.

I don’t imagine Hopkin being at the game on Saturday will have done Holt any favours amongst the loonies, and those thinking Hopkin would come back are sorely deluded.

I'd be shocked if Holt got sacked. We were expected to finish last. We're sitting in 9th, 16 points ahead of relegation play off with 10 games to go. A wee push and a bit of luck and we could get top 6. If you asked anyone at the start of the season if they'd take the position we're in just now, they'd bite your hand off for it. I think common sense is needed here. Holt won't be sacked, he's done too good a job for that. 

I reckon we could probably lose every game from now until the end of the season now and still avoid relegation, if that was the case he still shouldn’t be worried about his job. 

The aim was to stay up, all this sack talk is a bit silly imo. 

If someone just showed us the points tally and never showed us the fixtures people would be saying that’s a good number of points at this stage in the season for us, more than what we expected. 

Win tomorrow and people start thinking above us again. 

23 minutes ago, Ayia Napa Alan said:

Where is the talk on Twitter about him being sacked, I haven’t seen anything?

We could have played absolutely 0 games since 1st December and we’d still be in the same position as we are. This shows our recent form has been pretty poor but also that the 3 diddies below us are absolutely dreadful, as St Mirren proved last week - how we lost that I’ll never know, but it was a shocker.

All the speculation about Halkett and Gallagher (much of which has been driven by Livi fans who couldn’t bare to enjoy a good run of results in the top division) hasn’t helped and I think has proven to be quite damaging in recent weeks. Newspapers reporting Gallagher is speaking to St Johnstone and Motherwell the day before games for Livi isn’t particularly motivating and much has been made about Halkett moving to Hearts. These players won’t be here next season and the teams below us aren’t good enough to send us down. I would completely drop those 2, which is a shame, but in my opinion they shouldn’t be playing. Give odoffin and brown as much time to bed in if Holt sees them as part of his plans for next season.

I agree with what Holt said last week. If the players don’t want to follow instructions and jeopardise points then get them dropped and kick them up the arse. If they don’t like it then GTF - the way we lost last week was a shambles and Holt was clearly fucked off and rightly so.

Hopkin would only have been at the game last week as he lives close by and wouldn’t wanted to see a few ex players - absolutely no surprise to see him at the match.

Time to drop Halkett and Gallagher and see what Holt is all about - he could keep us in this division for years!

Brown is only on loan until the end of the season. In all honesty recall Van Schaik, drop Gallagher and Halkett and play Odoffin, Lithgow, Van Schaik at the back. We're staying up no matter what so time for us to figure out what we need for next season.

Anyone who doesn't want to be here next season can sit on the bench, regardless of what they've done at the club. No one is bigger than the club.

Heard from a Utd fan who knows Dec that he has signed an PCA with Motherwell but it has been kept quiet, haven't heard anything def about Halkett but he's our best player and has a few clubs after him, so likelihood is he'll be away.. However neither is letting it affect their play so I wouldn't drop them yet, and there are still a fair bit of games to play, i'd wait till we were on 38 points, and/or the top 6 is mathematically impossible before mucking around to give some players experience of playing in the team looking ahead to next season.