Livingston - all the threads merged

A wee project my mate and I have been working on....

We are complete novices when it comes to podcasts but hopefully it comes across ok.

On episode 1 

Intro 0 - 2 mins 

Holts thoughts on Dundee game 2 - 4.30 mins

Lawless on the game 4.30 - 6.40 mins 

Our thoughts Dundee game 6.40 - 13.24

Declan Gallagher rumours 13.24 - 19.18

3g pitches 19.29 - 32.48

Your questions 33 - 41.16

Killie preview 41.26 - 47.12

Competition 47.12 - 47.38

Thanks and goodbye 47.38 - 48 

We are aware the audio with Holt and Lawless isn’t great but we do have plans in place to improve that in the future.

We are open to constructive criticism, as I say we are complete novices so any advice we will take on board. 

2 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

A wee project my mate and I have been working on....

We are complete novices when it comes to podcasts but hopefully it comes across ok.

On episode 1 

Intro 0 - 2 mins 

Holts thoughts on Dundee game 2 - 4.30 mins

Lawless on the game 4.30 - 6.40 mins 

Our thoughts Dundee game 6.40 - 13.24

Declan Gallagher rumours 13.24 - 19.18

3g pitches 19.29 - 32.48

Your questions 33 - 41.16

Killie preview 41.26 - 47.12

Competition 47.12 - 47.38

Thanks and goodbye 47.38 - 48 

We are aware the audio with Holt and Lawless isn’t great but we do have plans in place to improve that in the future.

We are open to constructive criticism, as I say we are complete novices so any advice we will take on board. 

For context, I’m not a podcast listener.

About 11 mins in so far. First impressions? Enjoying hearing Livi chat :thumsup2 I like the idea of this one-stop shop. An hour seems a bit long but I dunno what’s standard for the format.

I felt the intro was a wee bit too long for my liking. Maybe only introduce some of the topics at the start and others later and/or cover some in text description. 

I note your comment re: Audio.

Agree that the red ultimately didn’t cost us the game on Sat. Robinson’s miss (without being harsh, you can’t expect to pass up those chances at this level and get +ve result) and the non-penalty award were more decisive.

Agree The Byrne red was a silly, late challenge in the middle of the park; Defo an amber haha. A bit unlucky to catch his hand but then the foot was high. I don’t think Brown’s was a red, as he pulled out, and Broadfoot didn’t do a very good job of disgusting that did he <face palm>. Idiotic.

Great work so far! I’ll get round to the rest..

2 minutes ago, crispy said:

For context, I’m not a podcast listener.

About 11 mins in so far. First impressions? Enjoying hearing Livi chat :thumsup2 I like the idea of this one-stop shop. An hour seems a bit long but I dunno what’s standard for the format.

I felt the intro was a wee bit too long for my liking. Maybe only introduce some of the topics at the start and others later and/or cover some in text description. 

I note your comment re: Audio.

Agree that the red ultimately didn’t cost us the game on Sat. Robinson’s miss (without being harsh, you can’t expect to pass up those chances at this level and get +ve result) and the non-penalty award were more decisive.

Agree The Byrne red was a silly, late challenge in the middle of the park; Defo an amber haha. A bit unlucky to catch his hand but then the foot was high. I don’t think Brown’s was a red, as he pulled out, and Broadfoot didn’t do a very good job of disgusting that did he <face palm>. Idiotic.

Great work so far! I’ll get round to the rest..

Thanks for listening, glad you enjoyed it so far. 

To be honest I’m not a podcast listener either but thought we must be one of the only clubs not to have something like this and I’m interested in the subject matter so it was fun to put together, even though it wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be.

Its 48 minutes which is roughly about standard for podcasts, some are longer, some are shorter, there was a fair bit to talk about this week so future shows might not be as long and others might be longer. 

The audio is terrible but I got it from a 3rd party and in future we hope to have our own recording equipment set up so will be much better. 

Thanks again, hope you enjoy the rest. 

To what extent would you guys say the credit is split between him and Martindale for the club's resurgence in the last couple of years?

Or between Gary Holt and Martindale for the great league performance this season? 

That's a shame. The last few years have been amazing and I'll always be grateful to Hopkin. If he decided to take a stab at the 'big time' because his stock was high i certainly don't blame him. I think our continued success is partly down to continuity of players and backroom. Feel I could be doing Hoppy and Martindale a disservice by speculating who was the mastermind.

Did anyone make the Life for Life AGM yesterday?

Also, can anyone advise of a specific contact for ideas that might benefit the club, improve support, etc.?

Edited by crispy

2 hours ago, Estragon said:

To what extent would you guys say the credit is split between him and Martindale for the club's resurgence in the last couple of years?

Or between Gary Holt and Martindale for the great league performance this season? 

The continuity from last season is def down to Martindale, he made the signings him and Hoppy had targeted in the pre season when we were left managerless, and kept things ticking over nicely leading up to our pre season training.

Neither Hoppy or Holt look like shrinking violets that would just stand about being told what to do though, so credit has to go to both of them as well. Miller coming in at the start of the season showed how it could all have turned to shite with the wrong guy in charge, messing around with team selection and tactics.

Hope you guys don’t mind me posting this on here, episode 2 of our podcast TalkLivi is now online...

We hear from Gary Holt and Chris Erskine, Talk the Killie result, we also interview Derek White, Livingston SLO, talk Livi duds, starting with goalkeepers this week. I also speak to Kyle Gunn, St Mirren fan and we we preview the St Mirren game next weekend. 

Let me know what you think, we are obviously complete novices so any feedback will be taken on board. 

37 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Listened, it was pretty good, you guys are doing a good job! I skipped the bit with the St Mirren fan as there was a massive dip in sound quality there, but other than that it was decent. Keep it up!

Thanks for listening and for the feed back, it’s greatly appreciated.

Understand where you are coming from with the interview, i was disappointed with the audio, wanted to put it in though as Kyle was really keen to come on, Kyle has a speech impediment, but it’s great credit to him that he volunteered to come on and not let it hold him back. 

Edited by andylivi1