Livingston - all the threads merged

FWIW, he’d be a useful addition to any side in this division outside the two c***s from Glasgow. If it is Motherwell, he’s undoubtedly make them a better side, and he would fit in quite nicely with their attacking ethos, as well as being able to participate in some top shithousing.

If he does go, it’ll be with my best wishes, but as above, I’d have been hopeful he’d have stayed another year at least given what happened previously. Can’t argue with making a decent wedge while you can, though.

He seems to come with some baggage for sure. And I can understand Livi fans POV when standing by him given his background and well documented challenges. 

He also seems quite highly rated and therefore looks like he would be a good addition if he signed.

If he signs for St Johnstone, then that would be continuing a theme of them beating us to the likes of Tony Watt and MOH. Clearly paying higher wages. I mean why else would any player want to sign for St J over the mighty Motherwell :-)

He's a good player and has repaid the loyalty we showed him including staying with us when we went down to division one and signing new contracts despite reported lucrative offers elsewhere.

That being said I do feel he's reached a bit of a plateau and, with other good players coming in, I imagine he'd end up being challenged particularly if we ended up going for a flat four at the back.

He does tend to get some bad press but he does what he does well; in the first game against the rangers he got elbowed in the face by Morelos about half a dozen times but didn't let that shake him; he didn't roll around on the floor greetin' he just  continued what he was doing. He plays a lot better in a three centre-backs setting than he did when we played two central defenders and two backs.

Offers a lot of attacking options as well. 

Would be happy for him to stay but wouldn't begrudge him a move either if that's what he wanted. Not a fan of Pre-Contract Agreements though; seem pointless and have no contractual basis in Scotland, as far as I understand, but can negatively impact on someone's performance.

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

If he signs for St Johnstone, then that would be continuing a theme of them beating us to the likes of Tony Watt and MOH. Clearly paying higher wages. I mean why else would any player want to sign for St J over the mighty Motherwell :-)

You forget the two that actually turned down more money with you...

Image result for dave mackay and murray davidson

Best £50k Saints ever spent.

1 hour ago, Livilion28 said:

Would be a loss , could be the start of our players possibly leaving in the summer! Would be surprised if we have tried to keep Dec and Halkett. We still have kelly Pittman and Byrne under contract? What about Jacobs? 

Only players out of contract afaik are Dec and Halkett. Jacobs has an extension clause as does Robinson. Byrne has another year

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Only players out of contract afaik are Dec and Halkett. Jacobs has an extension clause as does Robinson. Byrne has another year

Think Lawless and Miller are up at the end of the season as well as Robinson but we have an option to extend his. 

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Think Lawless and Miller are up at the end of the season as well as Robinson but we have an option to extend his. 

Robinson has an extension clause for x games played, could be why he's not in the team now if we want rid of him?

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Imagine he'd be in the reserves if that was the case, at least give clubs a chance to have a look at him. 

Just speculating obviously but no one's really talked about his injury or talked about him being back. If it was bad surely we'd have heard about it?

There we go, Robinson back in training - either that or they're onto me :D Holt also said he's hopeful of keeping Gallagher beyond the summer, so, like I said - nothing signed yet. Just offers on the table for him

Edited by ATLIS

There we go, Robinson back in training - either that or they're onto me [emoji3] Holt also said he's hopeful of keeping Gallagher beyond the summer, so, like I said - nothing signed yet. Just offers on the table for him

I don’t think the boost having players like Gallagher sign new contracts between now and the season’s end can be emphasised enough. Our form’s extremely patchy at the moment and there’s a real danger it could peter out quite miserably - getting some names confirmed for next year would be some welcome news.

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

There we go, Robinson back in training - either that or they're onto me :D Holt also said he's hopeful of keeping Gallagher beyond the summer, so, like I said - nothing signed yet. Just offers on the table for him

I think we've really missed Robinson since he's been out, i'd def say he is an important player for us to try and keep for next season. Only thing against him is his injury record, but certainly adds something to the team when he plays.

50 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I think we've really missed Robinson since he's been out, i'd def say he is an important player for us to try and keep for next season. Only thing against him is his injury record, but certainly adds something to the team when he plays.

Agree 100%. Very underrated player whether behind the striker or in a midfield three.

I'm please to hear so many positive comments about Robinson; I always thought him underrated; so often played out of position but never gives less than 100 percent.

The fact that he never gives up was one positive from our last visit to celtic park and his part in the making of the Dolly Menga goal against the rangers should not be underestimated.

We've certainly lost a bit of bite there and for a team to be missing both him and Jacobs means that we are significantly less effective up front.

Lawless is good going forward but is particularly poor defensively; Sibbald may be technically good but seems to be missing that fire and drive to go forward.Lawson has taken time fitting in but, from reports from those at Tynecastle last week he seems to be really settling in at last. 

Irrespective the prospect of both Robinson and De Vita both returning from injury makes things very interesting indeed. Tiffoney is the real wild card; has looked very good from what I've seen; just how good at this level though needs to be established.