Livingston - all the threads merged

3 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:
5 hours ago, thruthenight said:
It's funny how everyone sees things differently - I thought Boyle had him on toast that day. Tbf, Boyle is one of the best players in the league on his day, not sure that one's entirely down to Cadden.
With Ayr being top of the league, it might be difficult for him to get as much game time as he needs. Going out on loan is good for him I think, but I'd hate for him to sit on Ayrs bench as much as he was sitting on ours.
As everyone has said, confidence player, but when he's on it then he's unplayable at Championship level. Hope it works out. Lots of loanees to keep an eye on over the next few months.

Hoping that he clicks with Moffat and Shankland, if he feels confident playing with those two it could be an exciting signing right enough.

If Cadden gets going and starts running at players then nobody is stopping him unless they foul him, exciting player to watch when he's on his game. I'll be keeping a look out for him, Jack Hamilton at Alloa, and Jack McMillan at Partick to see how they get on, I think they are all cracking players who just need the game time to shine.

Pleasing to get a positive result after the news of John Bain's death earlier today. I read an article recently about his time at the club from working with Ferranti, playing for and managing the team before becoming honorary life president. A constant presence throughout our history and a very sad loss.  

Hopefully the club can go someway to commemorating his legacy at the stadium. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3016431/livingston-football-john-bain-almondvale-spfl/ The article.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

18 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Pleasing to get a positive result after the news of John Bain's death earlier today. I read an article recently about his time at the club from working with Ferranti, playing for and managing the team before becoming honorary life president. A constant presence throughout our history and a very sad loss.  

Hopefully the club can go someway to commemorating his legacy at the stadium. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3016431/livingston-football-john-bain-almondvale-spfl/ The article.

Here here 

Man deserves a statue, an absolute saint of a man,  a proper club legend. 

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

We're being linked with Declan Gallagher fwiw

Old news Random.Livi fans were talking about this three weeks ago.They were saying that both Saints and Motherwell were trying to sign him..It was also suggested that we had offered cash to sign him during the window but I take that with a pinch of salt 

Sometimes think we sh1t it a bit and don't give ourselves enough credit - need to look for a pass a bit more than smash it up the park. We've got players who are good enough. Rate Lawson and Odoffin (?). Look good players. Shame Tiffoney and big Menga missed out yesterday. Tiffoney looks like we can create something. Big game at home v Dundee. Gonna be a tough game. They are much better than they were 2 months ago!

13 hours ago, orco said:

Maybe name one of the stands after him. 

When you think of some of the bampots he'd have had to deal with as our chairmen went from sublime to ridiculous (or Flynn to Massone) - he deserves to have the entire ground named after him.

RIP sir

Edited by Durnford

Hmm... Bigger club and I'm sure he's getting bigger wages but for me, it would leave a bit of a bad taste. We picked him up despite his overhanging court case and then re-signed him immediately after he got out of jail. 

I'm sure he'll say he's shown enough loyalty but with the likely exit of Halkett, I think he could have stayed a further year.

He will improve Motherwell's centre half options, without question.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Hmm... Bigger club and I'm sure he's getting bigger wages but for me, it would leave a bit of a bad taste. We picked him up despite his overhanging court case and then re-signed him immediately after he got out of jail. 
I'm sure he'll say he's shown enough loyalty but with the likely exit of Halkett, I think he could have stayed a further year.
He will improve Motherwell's centre half options, without question.

With us likely to lose Aldred in the summer (his loan deal finishing) he could be seen as a replacement for him.
The deal should be signed on Tuesday.

37 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Disappointing, but not surprising. He's good enough to play for a bigger team - IMO Halkett, Jacobs & Gallagher have been our best players this season. I don't doubt that he'll become a starter and be a great signing for Well. 

Heard that the offer is on the table but nothing more, he has other offers and nothing is accepted and agreed yet

FWIW, he’d be a useful addition to any side in this division outside the two c***s from Glasgow. If it is Motherwell, he’s undoubtedly make them a better side, and he would fit in quite nicely with their attacking ethos, as well as being able to participate in some top shithousing.

If he does go, it’ll be with my best wishes, but as above, I’d have been hopeful he’d have stayed another year at least given what happened previously. Can’t argue with making a decent wedge while you can, though.

He seems to come with some baggage for sure. And I can understand Livi fans POV when standing by him given his background and well documented challenges. 

He also seems quite highly rated and therefore looks like he would be a good addition if he signed.

If he signs for St Johnstone, then that would be continuing a theme of them beating us to the likes of Tony Watt and MOH. Clearly paying higher wages. I mean why else would any player want to sign for St J over the mighty Motherwell :-)

He's a good player and has repaid the loyalty we showed him including staying with us when we went down to division one and signing new contracts despite reported lucrative offers elsewhere.

That being said I do feel he's reached a bit of a plateau and, with other good players coming in, I imagine he'd end up being challenged particularly if we ended up going for a flat four at the back.

He does tend to get some bad press but he does what he does well; in the first game against the rangers he got elbowed in the face by Morelos about half a dozen times but didn't let that shake him; he didn't roll around on the floor greetin' he just  continued what he was doing. He plays a lot better in a three centre-backs setting than he did when we played two central defenders and two backs.

Offers a lot of attacking options as well. 

Would be happy for him to stay but wouldn't begrudge him a move either if that's what he wanted. Not a fan of Pre-Contract Agreements though; seem pointless and have no contractual basis in Scotland, as far as I understand, but can negatively impact on someone's performance.

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

If he signs for St Johnstone, then that would be continuing a theme of them beating us to the likes of Tony Watt and MOH. Clearly paying higher wages. I mean why else would any player want to sign for St J over the mighty Motherwell :-)

You forget the two that actually turned down more money with you...

Image result for dave mackay and murray davidson

Best £50k Saints ever spent.