Livingston - all the threads merged

Raffa started the reserves game tonight and scored our 3rd goal in the 51st min, mon tae feck Livi get him back playing in the first team instead of pissing about in the reserves.
Good to see he's on the road back...I'd imagine Holt and Martindale don't want to rush him back too soon and risk further injury...we've already seen that with Hardie.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:
5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:
Raffa started the reserves game tonight and scored our 3rd goal in the 51st min, mon tae feck Livi get him back playing in the first team instead of pissing about in the reserves.

Good to see he's on the road back...I'd imagine Holt and Martindale don't want to rush him back too soon and risk further injury...we've already seen that with Hardie.

He can get just as injured playing in the reserves, Hardie played about 10 mins against Accies and had a reaction to his previous injury. AFAIK Hardie didn't play any reserve games and came on gradually over a couple of sub appearances in December before starting a game, don't see why Raffa couldn't do the same. Although it looks like he's already ok to start games if he's doing it in the reserves.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

If the Dykes rumours are true then am pleased about that.

He's a good player,aye we need a goalscorer but thats more important for next season as Hardie is gonna be with us till the end of the season.

Sure i can remember dykes scoring against the "failed statelet wee rangers" in the challenge cup at Palmerston.

Miller isnt goin to last forever and dykes is the perfect fit !!

1 hour ago, BarryMcgeorge said:

B4DB9ED8-CE0F-4C46-8CFE-2244C96C5002.jpeg

Apparently the deal is done and to be announced soon. Heard we’ve beaten Hibs, Hearts, Dundee, Motherwell and Aberdeen to signing him.

Deal announced this week and he goes back on loan until the end of the season 

Apparently the deal is done and to be announced soon. Heard we’ve beaten Hibs, Hearts, Dundee, Motherwell and Aberdeen to signing him.

If he's coming back on loan then you'll have paid money for him surely as he's your player.

29 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

If he's coming back on loan then you'll have paid money for him surely as he's your player.

Looks like it's a very small fee <5k just to make sure there's no messing about with pre-contract etc

3 minutes ago, Mpire said:

Is he actually any good?? Hardly setting the championship on fire!!

Seems like he's the replacement for Lee Miller, big physical player who knows how to hold the ball up with the bonus of being fast. Heard a few QoS fans refer to him as a very good athlete who's learning the finer aspects of being a striker. 7 goals in 35 and a hand in helping Dobbie be as good as he is seems a decent coup. 

At 23 he's pretty highly regarded so will come to us looking for first team football to move on in a few seasons

4 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

If the Dykes rumours are true then am pleased about that.

He's a good player,aye we need a goalscorer but thats more important for next season as Hardie is gonna be with us till the end of the season.

Sure i can remember dykes scoring against the "failed statelet wee rangers" in the challenge cup at Palmerston.

Miller isnt goin to last forever and dykes is the perfect fit !!

It's next season he's going to be playing, but yeah, he'd be Miller's replacement by the sounds of it. I'm beginning to think Lee is done playing this season though, that's twice he's started this season and gone off injured and not featured again for several games afterwards. Isn't looking good on him getting a run of games going.

Is he actually any good?? Hardly setting the championship on fire!!
Seems like he's the replacement for Lee Miller, big physical player who knows how to hold the ball up with the bonus of being fast. Heard a few QoS fans refer to him as a very good athlete who's learning the finer aspects of being a striker. 7 goals in 35 and a hand in helping Dobbie be as good as he is seems a decent coup. 

At 23 he's pretty highly regarded so will come to us looking for first team football to move on in a few seasons
I'll repeat what I've said already. He's a very good prospect. He will absolutely split your fans as he has ours. I've no doubt in 6 months I'll pop in for an update and receive "great player" and "utter shite, do you want him back?" comments in equal measure. FWIW I'm rare in that I'm quite down the middle with my opinion of him. At the end of last season I would have been happy to see him go but at this point I'll be sad to see him go (though I made peace with it a few months back as he was always going).

His link-up play and technical ability has increased a ridiculous amount from last season. I still don't believe he can be classed as a hold-up player though. He harasses defenders but I don't think he bullies them as such. I'd say Miller is slightly different to him in that way. However, if you get someone who can get on the same level who likes quick one-twos and is constantly moving (Hardie!!) then you'll have a great front two. As an all round player Dobbie is head and shoulders above him (and almost everyone else in our division tbh) but when it comes to the quick interchanges he hasn't looked out of his depth alongside Dobbie. He hasn't set the Championship on fire goalscoring wise (I doubt he ever will, but if he does he won't be with you very long) but I'm positive he's in the top 3 of assists.

Get a goalscorer alongside him and he'll do a job.

If we’ve beaten all those sides to sign him, then he’ll be almost guaranteed a starting role as it’s definitely not a money-orientated move.

Getting a player in of Hardie’s ilk will be the biggest challenge of the summer, of that there’s no doubt.

Hope he turns out like Byrne and Lithgow then, neither got great reviews from the fans of their former club.
I think our fans have been giving good reviews of him. His performance last night was outstanding again.