Livingston - all the threads merged

Were poor today. Only positive was seeing Tiffoney look good when he came on. And it was def a penalty at the end! Huge game next week now. Not particularly confident tbh. 7 without a win v Motherwell who have now won 3 on the bounce. Players looked tired today. Midfield anonymous. Think we need to start having a plan B for games now everyone knows how we play.

Im pretty calm about things going forward.

Hearts was a narrow loss and the St Johnstone game was even closer. I think had we won both 1-0 there wouldn’t have been many complaints from the opposition supporters. 

Tiffoney looks a lively prospect albeit based on two sub appearances. Between his performances and the injured players it’s really got me thinking what our best (available) forward options and formations are:

Hardie - Mr. Goals, must start;

Miller - wins most headers, good hold up play;

Robinson - buzzes about well and good passer;

Menga - an occupier/nuisance type and channel runner;

Tiffoney - channel runner, quick feet;

Raffa - technically good;

Erskine - plays with intelligence...

As I say, I’m content about the remainder of the season; i’m confident we have the players to win more games and see no reason to hit panic button.

Edited by crispy

Once Kelly let that first goal slip under him it was game over really. We didn't play as well as we have but were still frustrating them and it would've been a different 2nd half had Kelly made that comfortable save, He's got enough Brownie points this season to forgive him for it though, so I wont dwell on it.

Dolly wasn't fit either which gave us nothing in the way of an out ball, he wasn't chasing after long balls like he usually does, was hoping Raffa would be back by now and playing today but there's been no sign of him since he scored in a reserve game a week or so ago. Like the look of Tiffoney though, we're just needing Hardie back into his scoring best to carry us a bit till injuries clear up and then  we'll be fine.

The meltdown and knicker wetting from some corners of our support following yesterday would put you off going back. Echo chamber stuff at times.

As an aside, is a Supporters' Liaison Officer a requirement of the top flight?

21 minutes ago, Mpire said:

What in these rumors about us signing Lyndon Dykes? Not seen any announcement.

Only place I've seen anything of note was on Callum Carson's twitter, saying we were trying to get him on a PCA for next season but there were seceral interested parties. Would take it with a pinch of salt, PCA's aren't worth the paper they're written on and until a proper contract is signed the player is free to change his mind. Doesn't inspire me anyway, we've enough players that can set up goals, we need one who would score them, esp as we wont have Hardie next season. 

Isn't Lyndon Dykes a bit of a gobshite? 

In what way? Can't say he's ever come across as a gobshite either on or off the pitch.

Fucking Lyndon dykes from queen of the fucking south. f**k off.

[emoji38] Has your club suddenly came into bags of cash that they can afford Box Office signings? Young prospects from the league below is exactly the kind of signings Livi should be making to avoid fucking up financially again.

22 hours ago, Afro said:

Last thing - I shudder to think how much money was spent on stewarding and police presence today, for minimal return. Amateur stuff which I'd imagine we'll get a good rap on the knuckles for.

Rangers and Celtic bring their own stewards for away games.

46 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

In what way? Can't say he's ever come across as a gobshite either on or off the pitch.

Well, from memory, he didn't really endear himself during our last visit to Palmerston. Didn't he shag someone's wife as well? Not that we're some beacon of morality tbf, if he does end up signing and Gallagher stays you could probably cover a good chunk of his yearly wage by selling off live footage of their first training session together. :lol:

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rangers and Celtic bring their own stewards for away games.

Interesting, didn't know that. Probably explains why they were helping Rangers fans back over the wall.

Interesting, didn't know that. Probably explains why they were helping Rangers fans back over the wall.
He took pelters all game that day and came running up to your fans when he scored I'm sure. Think he was just giving back what he got tbf.

Yeah he did. Still don't think it counts as him being a gobshite mind you.

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

It says a lot about their fans, tbh. At the stage where the stewards are regulars and just let their fans away with anything, get whole groups of them who just stand on the stairways and in the tunnels at McDiarmid, something you get chucked out for in any other stand.

I like the signing of Dykes if it goes through, he was always an awkward player for us to defend against, isn’t going to score many goals but I’d guess he’ll play the Lee Miller role but with a bit more mobility. 

If we have managed to get him it’s a bit of a coup for us, I believe the two Edinburgh clubs, Aberdeen and Motherwell have all been looking at him too, but I’d guess we would be a lot more appealing in terms of minutes on the pitch.

He took pelters all game that day and came running up to your fans when he scored I'm sure. Think he was just giving back what he got tbf.

Yeah he did. Still don't think it counts as him being a gobshite mind you.
When he literally gobs his shite onto the away support for getting pelters all game, that's when he gets called a gobshite.
If you can't work this out as mentioned before, he spat on a Livi fan during that game.

When he literally gobs his shite onto the away support for getting pelters all game, that's when he gets called a gobshite.
If you can't work this out as mentioned before, he spat on a Livi fan during that game.
I think you'll find the Livi fan walked into his spit.

I'd love it if we signed Dykes purely for the media reaction if he does this (especially if a goal comes from it like it did here). 

200w.gif.6e4e9246a00cba019e8a1802119231e1.gif.bc9fd6c7a4b8e4a77e9ee4924a6ce2c2.gif
That was glorious.
Sounds like he’s enough a shithouse that he’d fit in here excellently.
Lyndon Dykes shithouse brigade on the go. Let’s get him signed for the end of January already 
I just haven't seen that side of him. I'm not questioning the spitting incident but it's the only time I can recall him upsetting opposition fans. It's the only time I can recall him goading the fans as well. The only other time fans have mentioned him is in reference to how well he played.