Livingston - all the threads merged

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Conversely, 10 points over the next 17 games would be abysmal. 

Surviving was quite rightly our aim at the start of the season (as it will be next season) but now we're in a great position, we should be getting behind the team as much as possible to try and challenge the top six. We know the players will put the effort in; the fans need to do the same.

It wouldnt be great but it would get the job done. 

Yes we are in a great position, and I’m not saying we should rest on our laurels but teams will have started to work us out and be prepared for how we will approach games so as much as I think we can still push on and do well it also wouldn’t surprise me if we struggled a little more in the second half of the league campaign. 

That wont dampen my spirits at the end of the season though, if we stay up regardless of our form it’s an amazing achievement for a team that’s about a mid table championship side in terms of budget.

1 hour ago, Mpire said:

No excuses for a full time professional footballer not beating the first man no matter what league you are in. Fair enough once per game but 3 times in succession is very poor. Thought big Menga did pretty well roughing them up a bit, had a decent shot saved as well. Preferred Lamie for Wylde, looks better defensively. Certainly evidence of rustiness.

Yeah I like Menga's rough housing style of play but I just wish he'd look up now and again and play a decent final ball.

Wylde had 3 players running off him looking for a pass that would have any one of them in on goal but he had his head down going for goal himself and ended up trundling the ball straight at their keeper from 20 odd yards out, maybe he was trying a bit too hard to get a goal and make a good impression, hopefully he'll settle down and be a team player.

Disappointing to be out of the cup but it was always favouring the team with the home  advantage, both of us have good home forms. Pity we couldn't have taken them to a replay cause we'd have won at home.

I agree, this January transfer window seems to have really got the better of some Livi fans. A lot of painful stuff to read on here and on twitter over the last 6 weeks or so.

Menga has very little service and gave us an opening a couple of times. Wylde was absolutely nowhere near as bad as some folk making out. Would be interested to know if some of these Livi fans have ever played football.

Shout out to Pittman. Our best player today and the only player who offered any real excitement or urgency on the ball.

BBC coverage absolutely abysmal.
I was a bit underwhelmed by Pittman today...thought his passing was the poorest it's been in a livi shirt....thought Halkett and Gallagher were our best players today

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Worth pointing out as well that some of our fans were arseholes on the day too. 

Had to pull one one guy up for snapping seats at the end of the game and singing about the IRA ffs 

Fuuuck sake. Can't be doing with any of that nonsense. Why the f**k is someone singing IRA songs at a Livi/Hearts game?

Good on you for telling them where to go with that attitude.

Edited by thruthenight

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Worth pointing out as well that some of our fans were arseholes on the day too. 

Had to pull one one guy up for snapping seats at the end of the game and singing about the IRA ffs 

f**k sake, hopefully they are just folk out for the day and not actual Livi fans, I don’t think they would be as I’ve never heard anything like that in 20 years of following the club.

Good on you for pulling them up, don’t need those sort of people within our support. 

2 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Nikolay torodov what like?

Works hard, will do a shift and can play in numerous positions, he won’t get you many goals but he’s a good player to play off if that’s what you’re looking for.

I actually thought he had some of his best games for us playing centre back which is what I mean by numerous positions, striker, centre back and played as a right back in one game too. 

I was always worried he was going to get sent off, really clumsy player and looks like he doesn’t know what he’s doing...as I say though, will give everything, a championship player. 

10 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

We have signed Jack McMillan from you guys today..... good signing?

Just posted this in your thread...

Got yourself a good one guys, he’s really unlucky not to have got more game time with us, when he has played he’s been very solid. 

Still a young lad, think he’s only 21 but he’s very athletic, strong and can get up and down the wing really well. 

Can also play centre back if you are struggling but he’s primarily a right back. 

Hope he does well,  I really like him, think he has a lot of potential. 

Been impressed any time I've seen Jack, important for him to get game time though and the Championship will be a good level for him to get some experience. Hopefully doesn't suffer from going to a team doing so poorly and instead gets some good reviews when he comes back. 

5 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Just posted this in your thread...

Got yourself a good one guys, he’s really unlucky not to have got more game time with us, when he has played he’s been very solid. 

Still a young lad, think he’s only 21 but he’s very athletic, strong and can get up and down the wing really well. 

Can also play centre back if you are struggling but he’s primarily a right back. 

Hope he does well,  I really like him, think he has a lot of potential. 

Excellent we need a right back 

I'd have McMillan and Lamie in a back 4 but we predominantly play a back 3 and Jack doesn't get much game time. Certainly can cut it at our level but suppose it is much like the Hardie situation at Sevco and it would be selfish of us to keep him as a utility player when he can be getting much more game time at Partick Thistle. Great signing for them.