Livingston - all the threads merged

If we were still in the Championship he would be a useful punt but now, no. We need to assume Hardie is away - even if he did come back, he would definitely be away come the end of the season and I’d be far more in favour of getting someone in permanently now and getting them bedded in before next season. Whilst he’s undoubtedly made an impact, we’ve gained the vast majority of our points this season without him, so I’m not too disheartened. Thanks for the memories, Greyhound.

11 hours ago, Shaun De Bruyne said:

That doesn’t mean he will this season even IF we do get him back before the weekend.

Certainly suggests he would though, as he has done already.

Agree with Atlis and Durnford though, we need to know one way or another what's happening with Hardie and get another striker signed if he isn't going to be here for the 2nd half of the season.

We're doing well with midfielders taking up most of the goal scoring  responsibilities and CB's chipping in with goals from set pieces,  and Raffa coming in will give us another option up front too, along with Miller if he stays injury free,  Whatever happens with Hardie I still think we'll do really well, would be great if he stays for the full season though.

Is that the same Partick Thistle that are sitting bottom of the championship at the moment? That being said I'd have leapt at the chance to sign Penrice.

Don't recall him in the playoffs although, at my age, that's not surprising.

EDIT - just checked - he's 31 years old and was Partick's PoTY last year. Can't work this one out at all.

Edited by Durnford

Is that the same Partick Thistle that are sitting bottom of the championship at the moment? That being said I'd have leapt at the chance to sign Penrice.

EDIT - just checked - he's 31 years old and was Partick's PoTY last year. Can't work this one out at all.
He got player of the year because he posted on Twitter that no one should get player of the year.

He was injured in the first leg but came back in the second...albeit wasn't 100% but I thought he was one of their better players.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Dunno, experienced player at this level and I thought he looked decent in the play offs. Obv has gone sour at Thistle under their current manager but I think Holt and Martindale will get him playing well for us, useful player to have imo.

I'm afraid only three players stood out for me for Partick in the playoffs; the baldie bugger who couldn't take penalties; the sh1te Jack sparrow and Stephen Lawless who least-ways played like he really cared.

3 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I'm afraid only three players stood out for me for Partick in the playoffs; the baldie bugger who couldn't take penalties; the sh1te Jack sparrow and Stephen Lawless who least-ways played like he really cared.

Yeah the first 2 stood out for me too, but not in a good way. Erskine was injured for the first leg but played about 75 mins in the 2nd leg and  looked a good player. He was the one they should've squared it to right on HT when he was free for a clear shot on goal, glad they didn't as I think he'd have scored.

1 minute ago, Afro said:

That’s a strange one.

Not quite sure where he fits in, and I wouldn’t have him ahead of any of the starters.

Cant see him anywhere ahead of Jacobs; Pittman or Byrne and probably behind Lawless; Cadden; Wylde and Robinson. Not sure about Lawson though

Always liked Erskine, think he’ll be a good addition to the squad, likely play as a 10 in our system I think. 

Also hearing the lad Henderson is a possible signing but will be loaned back to Edinburgh City for the rest of the season. 

Edited by andylivi1

Always like Erskine, think he’ll be a good edition to the squad, likely play as a 10 in our system I think. 
Also hearing the lad Henderson is a possible signing but will be loaned back to Edinburgh City for the rest of the season. 
Can see him being a back up to Keaghan...he seems to be picking up a few injuries and we lose a bit of intensity with sibbald.

30 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
31 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:
Always like Erskine, think he’ll be a good edition to the squad, likely play as a 10 in our system I think. 

Can see him being a back up to Keaghan...he seems to be picking up a few injuries and we lose a bit of intensity with sibbald.

Funny - I'd completely forgotten about Sibbald.

33 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Always liked Erskine, think he’ll be a good addition to the squad, likely play as a 10 in our system I think. 

Loaning the lad back to Edinburgh City would be a strange one seeing as how he's already 24 unless it was to try and avoid or reduce the transfer fee.

Would think it more likely that Hamilton was loaned out seeing as how he's also been scoring regularly in the reserves but could benefit from regular first team experience.