Livingston - all the threads merged

Think Mullin was always going to be on his way after that January. Was nowhere to be seen for a few months, IIRC his last notable appearance up until the run up to the play offs was the home defeat to Falkirk in the Scottish Cup, when his totally pathetic attempts at “defending” probably nailed him out the team in Hopkin’s mind. In saying that, he obviously knuckled down and was an integral part of the play off games. Don’t think we’d have went up without his input.

Would be surprised if he didn’t get a good bump up in wages when he went to County but nowhere near 4x.

Lost 3-2 to Vitesse this afternoon. Not a bad result, seeing as they scored the winner after we'd made 8 subs.

Odegaard, the Norwegian wonderkid on loan from Real, scored from the edge of the box to put them 2-1 up. 

Best part of the whole thing is that De Vita got 15 minutes though 

We had a trialist playing and, as he replaced Lithgow, I assume he's a defender.
Craig Henderson got ten minutes and Ross Steward a full 45.
Just realised though I don't think I've noticed Keaghan Jacobs out there?

Yeah noticed Keaghan hasn’t been in any of the pictures or videos. I know his missus is pregnant so maybe she’s due to have the baby so he has stayed at home?

4 hours ago, Durnford said:

Lamie got half an hour as well

Great news if he came through it unharmed. With Menga missing for the St Johnstone game I could see us potentially setting up with a 4-3-3.

Kelly

Gallagher - Halkett(I'm feeling confident) - Lithgow - Lamie

Byrne - Lawless - Pittman

Cadden - Hamilton - Wylde

unless Hardie does make a return...which would be fantastic

5 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Lost 3-2 to Vitesse this afternoon. Not a bad result, seeing as they scored the winner after we'd made 8 subs.

Odegaard, the Norwegian wonderkid on loan from Real, scored from the edge of the box to put them 2-1 up. 

Best part of the whole thing is that De Vita got 15 minutes though 

Yep, obviously wasn't there so no idea what the formation was but based on a guess this is how we ended the game:

Hamilton

De Vita  -  Henderson  -  Byrne  -  Blues  -  Cadden

Lamie  -  van Schaik  -  Trialist  -  McMillan

Stewart

Not a bad result considering. Interested to know who the trialist was, assume it wasn't Oduwa as that would have left us with 1 CB and 3 wingers so, like Durnford, I'm assuming it was a defender. Could even be a LB with Lamie centre. Seem to have been careful enough to leave him out of the official photos too.

Edited by LiviLion

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Did think Lithgow was sort of posted missing for their first two goals.  I know its only  a friendly and they're sort of in holiday mode but hopefully the sharpness will return on the 20th.

He seems to dive in on the first, maybe expecting the left wingback to cover. Perhaps the lack of familiarity with Wylde playing there played it's part.

43 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

What a fucking goal Dolly :wub:

His biggest issue seems to be composure but with his goal against hearts and this one it looks like he's been working on it.

Good runout against a good opposition...let's not forget they have a much larger budget than us and some top players. Plus it's only a friendly so there will have been some experimentation and tinkering with the tactics. Glad to see Wylde having the confidence to take on his man already think he could be a shrewd bit of business.

3 hours ago, Durnford said:

Did think Lithgow was sort of posted missing for their first two goals.  I know its only  a friendly and they're sort of in holiday mode but hopefully the sharpness will return on the 20th.

I think our defence were cut open a bit too easily for the first 2 goals, wouldn't expect us to be so easily opened up in a competitive game. Good run out for everyone though, def had a pre season feel to it, or perhaps more pre mid season.

It's a new experience getting used to this stop start stuttering fixture schedule in the top flight, with International breaks, then a crammed full Dec fixtures, followed by this winter break. Doing pretty well so far though.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

21 hours ago, Shaun De Bruyne said:

Yeah noticed Keaghan hasn’t been in any of the pictures or videos. I know his missus is pregnant so maybe she’s due to have the baby so he has stayed at home?

Looks like you called it, the OS twitter has announced Keaghan is a dad, and has a pic of him holding his daughter after the birth.