Livingston - all the threads merged

McIntyre didn't rate him and let him go when he was at Dunfermline, looks like he knows how big a fuckup he made about that decision, still don't see it happening. He seems to be signing Ross County rejects that got him fired from County though,

Byrne's too good for Dundee now. He deserves a better move than that when he leaves Livi.

McIntyre didn't rate him and let him go when he was at Dunfermline, looks like he knows how big a fuckup he made about that decision, still don't see it happening. He seems to be signing Ross County rejects that got him fired from County though,
Byrne's too good for Dundee now. He deserves a better move than that when he leaves Livi.

It was Johnston who let him go. McIntyre had left 4 years before that.

Just now, parsforlife said:

It was Johnston who let him go. McIntyre had left 4 years before that.

Ok cheers, was after we beat Dundee 4-0 I read McIntyre saying he wished he'd played Byrne when he was at Dunfermline and had picked it up wrong about him being the one that let him go to us. Obv rates him now after seeing how well he's done at Livi but i'd be disappointed if he went to a team like Dundee, deserves better than that imo.

Both Byrne and Pittman was linked to Utd and Falkirk last season though, didn't happen and can't see it happening with Byrne going to Dundee either.

52 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I mean... my team is in my name and at the "My Team" bit, I thought that would be a little clear. But since you missed it, Dundee.

A location is in your name and, as has been stated already, where someone is from doesn’t always determine which team they support. I wouldn’t have minded but you posted in this thread looking for info. so to make a smart arse response is pretty poor in my book. Right enough, you are fae Dundee.

Also, nae chance he’ll go to your mob. :lol:

Byrne to Dundee? [emoji3] Just after he's came out and said he's happy here and in no rush to leave

Look I really think he will be looking for a bigger move than Dundee, there’s really nothing between our 2 clubs these days other than 6 or so league spaces. However the article can read a wee bit like a come and get me. It’s like I felt I had to stay when my mum died and the squad rallied round, David Hopkin etc, but now I need a house for me and my girlfriend. Livi have been really good to me but.... Obviously none of us provincial clubs want our best players to leave but these Livi guys have brilliantly put themselves in the spotlight and I’m afraid you need to prepare yourself for some disappointment.
Watching Livi on the TV, Byrne and Pittman have really impressed me, amongst others, but watching you live Jacobs seems the main man, dictating everything. This whole Livi story over the last 3 seasons has been remarkable.

I can’t make out what the article really says. I hope he stays because he’s a massive part of how the team plays. Him and Pittman do so much for the team. Also Jacobs but he picks up more injuries so we can’t rely on him as much as the other 2. 

6 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Look I really think he will be looking for a bigger move than Dundee, there’s really nothing between our 2 clubs these days other than 6 or so league spaces. However the article can read a wee bit like a come and get me. It’s like I felt I had to stay when my mum died and the squad rallied round, David Hopkin etc, but now I need a house for me and my girlfriend. Livi have been really good to me but.... Obviously none of us provincial clubs want our best players to leave but these Livi guys have brilliantly put themselves in the spotlight and I’m afraid you need to prepare yourself for some disappointment.
Watching Livi on the TV, Byrne and Pittman have really impressed me, amongst others, but watching you live Jacobs seems the main man, dictating everything. This whole Livi story over the last 3 seasons has been remarkable.

You're quite right that Pittman and Byrne are significantly better playing alongside Jacobs; it seems that Keaghan takes a lot of the pressure off the other two and let them play. You don't see the same freedom when either Lawson or Sibbald are in the midfield instead of Jacobs.

Think Dundee have possibly three time the number of home support that we have which surely must mean they have a significantly bigger budget.  They are, perhaps, penalised a bit by the expectations of a portion of their support,  which possibly puts undue pressure on the team and the management, but its still going to be a lot better than some other teams I could mention. That being said one of Byrne's recent interviews, when a number of us were predicting he'd probably move on, he said he was happy with life and with his game; wasn't interested in money but was enjoying the quality of life his circumstances were giving him. He basically rebuffed all talk of moving elsewhere; at the time I believe one of the tabloids had been predicting he'd go and join Hopkins at Bradford?

For a club with our current size of support; if a reasonable offer came in for any of our players I think the club would need to consider it seriously. One of the overriding things at the moment is the importance of balancing the books and not going down the same route as previous ownership and the supporters generally accept that. In actual fact the belief that we're being labelled as a potential selling club could actually encourage some players to join us. The chance of being put in the shop window with a chance of a bigger move later has possibly been a draw for some of the players who have joined us recently; on the negative side however is the fact that, with such a settled team, its very difficult for anyone new to break in.

The Premiership does introduce an interesting dynamic however; with every place up the table being worth approximately £100k in prize money and of course the potential bonanza of ending up in the top six, with the larger gates for the remaining five games, it makes the impact of weakening your team during the January window considerably more "expensive".

There is no chance Byrne will go to Dundee, I’m very confident of that, bookmark if you want and if he does I’ll hold my hands up but I’m extremely confident he won’t be going to Dundee. 

I would expect the club to be holding out for atleast 150k

Hardie back at rangers is a little more concerning but my hope is that Gerrard just wants to see him over in Tenerife so he can decide if he’s worth offering a new deal to or not. 

The person who should be really concerned about the rangers signing Defoe should be Morelos; Defoe is the composite professional , just Gerrard's kind of player,  who never give any less than 100% irrespective of how the others are playing around him 

Morelos will probably be used more as an impact sub (which will probably suit him anyway). 

as far as I can see Hardie doesn't fit into the model at all.

5 minutes ago, Durnford said:

The person who should be really concerned about the rangers signing Defoe should be Morelos; Defoe is the composite professional , just Gerrard's kind of player,  who never give any less than 100% irrespective of how the others are playing around him 

Morelos will probably be used more as an impact sub (which will probably suit him anyway). 

as far as I can see Hardie doesn't fit into the model at all.

Morelos agent tweeted about "exciting transfer news" this morning & the player wasn't at Glasgow Airport when they flew to Teneriffe this morning  perhaps he's on his way out of Ibrox....

2 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Morelos agent tweeted about "exciting transfer news" this morning & the player wasn't at Glasgow Airport when they flew to Teneriffe this morning  perhaps he's on his way out of Ibrox....

Wouldn't be a huge surprise; undoubtedly talented but also a bit of a liability

6 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

They are going to have to fund the deals for Defoe, Davis, Kamara & Jones somehow.....

That's a different argument - personally I don't care how they pay for it (provided they don't follow John Delorean's example) so long as it doesn't impact us. However any clubs selling players to the rangers should look for full payment up-front in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

Morelos is Rangers main man! Probably their best player

Doesn't say much for the rest of the team. also how many red cards has he received already this season (four?) - that's quite a liability for the rest of the team to carry.

Defoe is twice the player even taking into account the age difference.

1 minute ago, Livilion28 said:

Rangers would be no where near top of league if Morelos never scored the amount of goals he did. I don’t like him but very good player

As I mentioned earlier "undoubtedly talented but also a bit of a liability"